Coronavirus - Page 334 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, phart said:

Cheers It wanted me to log into a google account and stuff. I'll sort it when/if I need it.

My husband had to do that. He had to put in credit card details even though its a free app, not sure why as he has downloaded loads of apps and the playstore has never asked for this. There is probably a good explanation but I am not sure how someone who doesn’t have a card gets round it. I couldn’t see a way to bypass it . 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My husband had to do that. He had to put in credit card details even though its a free app, not sure why as he has downloaded loads of apps and the playstore has never asked for this. There is probably a good explanation but I am not sure how someone who doesn’t have a card gets round it. I couldn’t see a way to bypass it . 

Yeah i'm not doing that. I don't have a credit card for one! Will be why i couldn't see it on the playstore i haven't signed my phone up in that manner for apps.

I have tickets for Stewart Lee from March 2020, which is now pencilled in for March 2022, beyond that I have zero plans to attend large gatherings indoor in the next 6 months.

In fact only "social" indoors i've done is 3 funerals in last 2 months and going into a mates house one night, also was in a pub once for an hour having a meal when cases were really low way back. I've never really been a huge attender of events though so not like it's a drastic change in behaviour for me. Not going into folks houses is really the only thing different.

3 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Nope.   The app can't match me with my login email/password (even though I can go separately to the vaccine status site and log in ok).

I suspect I could have problems at the next step too as I don't have a photo drovers licence and my passport has expired.

I've downloaded the pdf with the QR status codes though without the app.

Yep, did the same. Can now head to Hampden armed with my ticket and 2 QR codes.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah i'm not doing that. I don't have a credit card for one! Will be why i couldn't see it on the playstore i haven't signed my phone up in that manner for apps.

I have tickets for Stewart Lee from March 2020, which is now pencilled in for March 2022, beyond that I have zero plans to attend large gatherings indoor in the next 6 months.

In fact only "social" indoors i've done is 3 funerals in last 2 months and going into a mates house one night, also was in a pub once for an hour having a meal when cases were really low way back. I've never really been a huge attender of events though so not like it's a drastic change in behaviour for me. Not going into folks houses is really the only thing different.

Most of my large indoor events have been kicked into 2022 also but going on holiday soon so it will be handy to have it on my phone. I doubt I will be needing if for Sub Club anytime soon 😊

How did your run go a couple of weeks ago ? 

58 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I got mine easily like your wife but husband struggled as he has android and couldn’t find the app, had to google it and found the Scot NHS alternative in a newspaper article. Was very easy process after establishing that.

Was hilarious when it was taking your picture. Its like an artists sketch, we looked like Maw and  Hen Broon 🤣

Yeah that was bizarre.  Who knows what the "f" it was doing.  Skeptical on the photo part as my drivers license is me 6 years ago, 4 stone heavier and without my beard... look hee haw like I did!

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Most of my large indoor events have been kicked into 2022 also but going on holiday soon so it will be handy to have it on my phone. I doubt I will be needing if for Sub Club anytime soon 😊

How did your run go a couple of weeks ago ? 

54:40 was alright, my knee held up, was really warm as well.

24 minutes ago, Debian said:

Yeah that was bizarre.  Who knows what the "f" it was doing.  Skeptical on the photo part as my drivers license is me 6 years ago, 4 stone heavier and without my beard... look hee haw like I did!

😂

I look like Myra Hindley on my driving licence ,  try being likened to a serial killer. My licence was issued in Dec 14 right enough I was probably still greetin from the referendum result. 

6 hours ago, phart said:

I just looked and i can't even find the app, worrying i'm less effective than even the app.

I was the same, but typed in the URL from a link on the NHS page directed to by the SSC email.

5 hours ago, Debian said:

You need to create a brand new login! They should have explained that better. 

Cheers for that!   That worked.   Then failed at the identification bit.   I guess by face has drooped since my 10.5 year old passport pic was taken 😞

we finally managed to get the app to work.

wee tip for anybody struggling to get the photo match to work - if it fails, completely close the app and try again from scratch.  Having built a couple of these apps myself, it looks like they have an issue with caching an invalid match, and clearing the cache by closing the app fixes this.

Typically the centre, which is the largest of its kind in the UK and treats people from five health board areas, receives 240 patients a month suffering with this form of heart attack, but this rose to more than 300 over May, June and July of this year. Doctors have searched for a pattern among patients to determine if less access to health checks in the pandemic or a history of Covid-19 infection may explain it but have found no obvious trend.

Mitchell Lindsay, lead consultant cardiologist at the Golden Jubilee, said: “There is not any evidence that it is as a consequence of any delayed care or missed opportunity. It is likely to be due to a multitude of factors: people being sedentary with lockdown; stress; people ignoring symptoms because they do not want to present at hospital. There are probably five to ten causes, all linked.”
Heart attacks are classified by a measurement that shows how much damage has been inflicted on the organ. The number of so-called STEMI attacks, where there is extensive heart damage, recorded at the Golden Jubilee has remained stable for a decade at about 750 a year. Yet N-STEMI attacks, where there is less tissue damage but an equal risk of death, have increased over the summer.
Edited by phart

I take it it's in Coronavirus thread as despite no evidence it's meant to be linked to coronavirus or considering who tweeted it it's the fault of the vaccine? Even though the people investigating it have enumerated the probable causes and neither of those things have been identified.

Thanks for posting the text from the article I linked to above. Useful.

There does seem to some skepticism around just how mysterious the mystery is amongst the twitteratti if you are asking... 😀

I thought it was more interesting as it was West of Scotland buy hey ho. Thanks again for your almost instantaneous response. 

Edited by thplinth

So the Doctors at the hospital invetigating it at eshewed in favour of.

1.Pro-ageing advisor,Travel. Consultant Chef

2. someone who has "a video camera and a YouTube account"

3.Heritage Party Leader , writer, speaker, Christian , social conservative, pro-freedom, pro-family, pro-nation, pro-life

4. The guy from gamergate

5. NCTJ Qualified Journalist—anti-Woke—no interest in MSM

6. An AI machine learning expert.

I know the cardiologist in charge of treating these patients has said there are 5 to 10 differing factors in this increase but this gamer journalist in america and others who share my fear of the vaccine have said something different so i'll just let my inherent bias give their opinion the same weight.

You're not even joking when you present these twitter accounts as some sort of argument are you?

This is what radicalisation looks like, critical thinking ability completely undone by a social media engagement algorithm.

I’d  say the article provides more questions than answers either side of the coin for me. 

From the article there was a couple of things that struck me particularly – It says the last decade has had static average of cardiac cases which may suggest a nominal decline given increase in population over the period.  That would include last year where folk would have had the same, or similar, socio-economic pressures as now so if it was down to those purely I’d have expected the rise to be incremental since last March or trending upwards.  From this though there seems to be flat then a pronounced spike in May, June and July which would at least warrant the question of ‘what’s changed?’ and an obvious new variable is the progress of the vaccine roll-out whereas roughly same period last year restrictions were lifted against a backdrop of no vaccine.  It would be interesting to see what happens Aug-October and then again once the booster got  rolled out. 

The other thing was this is 60 folk a month so if that’s replicated across the UK then that potentially could be 2,000 additional cases a month (rough estimate because this hospital dealing with 5  health boards and  the entire population of Scotland has 14 and roughly 70m folk across UK) so 20-25k a year potentially.   Whether this was purely socio-economic consequences, or side effects to the vaccine, then you’d expect it to be mirrored across the country in varying degrees.  If it isn’t mirrored across the country then why is it specific to this region as there wouldn’t seem any restriction particular to that area that should swing the difference so much. 

If it is restricted to this region there would seem to at least be a question worth asking of whether it could be down to a localised variable such as: dodgy batch of vaccine/ poor transit safeguards or; if this was local smack heads with a contaminated supply as examples as something must have caused it.  If it is mirrored across the country the question would seem even more pressing as what at the moment appears to be an assumption it’s down mix of stuff but highlighting folk getting fat and stressed then being allowed to act as normal is too big a leap without much to back it up.  There’ll be FOI requests going in around every health board across the country now you would imagine following on from this too so  there'd need to be a fleshier answer. 

There is absolutely no question the vaccine on a profit and loss account is massively in credit from a health perspective.  However, the losses would soon rack up if there was even the hint this was causing heart problems and add kids into that, who’ve already only been approved one dose because of heart problems from a second, the margin of goodwill would reduce massively further. 

Trust in the vaccine is even more important than the vaccine itself and absolutely imperative to its  continued success for me.    

There's been 3.6 billion people vaccinated now. If it's causing heart problems it'll come out in the data. Like it did in the moderna and pfizier trials, or like it did with AstraZeneca. I'm sure the Doctor in trying to find causation has looked into the vaccine, they are on twitter though, perhaps write in to the hospital and ask "have you checked it wasn't a dodgy batch of the vaccine" as maybe they've overlooked that.

We have a current experiment running in Australia right now. They had no covid for ages but it got there and now there is 2000 infections a day and 200k innoculation a day, guess which group is filling up the hospitals despite being 1% of the size of the other.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, phart said:

You're not even joking when you present these twitter accounts as some sort of argument are you?

This is what radicalisation looks like, critical thinking ability completely undone by a social media engagement algorithm.

👍

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Saw this a few days back but was not sure about it and now I see Russell Brand discussing it as well.

Its fucked up what they were doing.

Daily Mail are reporting it in the mainstream  and seem to be going in pretty hard:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9980015/26-Lancet-scientists-trashed-theory-Covid-leaked-Chinese-lab-links-Wuhan.html

26 of the 27 Lancet scientists whose letter rubbished the conspiracy theories had links to the lab.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10052689/Government-condemned-refusing-release-details-key-email-conversations-Covid-origins.html

The Government has been condemned after refusing to release details of key email conversations involving leading scientists over the origins of Covid-19.

This newspaper used Freedom of Information rules to obtain a cache of 32 emails about a secretive teleconference between British and American health officials held early in the pandemic.

But officials blacked out almost every word before releasing the crucial documents.....

....The $14.2 million (£10.5 million) grant bid was rejected. But did another funder pick up the proposal? At the very least, this proves the researchers were toying with precisely the sort of risky science that could have cooked up a virus eerily similar to the one behind the pandemic.

It is baffling that the US Congress has not demanded that New York-based Daszak, who led efforts to crush debate over a possible lab leak despite obvious conflicts of interest, appear under oath and disclose all his organisation’s data.

But this all begs another question: why is our own Government redacting key documents and refusing to share information it holds on events that might help us grapple with the mystery of the pandemic’s origins after almost five million deaths? 

Seems suitably 2021 that Brand and the Daily Mail seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet.