Coronavirus - Page 331 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

To me it looks like AstraZeneca has been given the boot?

For the time being anyway. But that's also good news, because it can be used in less developed countries instead. And it's also the cheapest of the lot, by far. it's more affordable for poorer countries.Ā 

The more data we get the better these vaccines are looking. They really are good vaccines, all of them.Ā 

It's not over yet, obviously, but I'm starting to get optimistic again. There are still huge numbers to be vaccinated globally and there is still the risk of new variants. But the vaccines are good against all the variants studied so far.

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

For the time being anyway. But that's also good news, because it can be used in less developed countries instead. And it's also the cheapest of the lot, by far. it's more affordable for poorer countries.Ā 

The best thing would be just to give it to them for free.

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The more data we get the better these vaccines are looking. They really are good vaccines, all of them.Ā 

It's not over yet, obviously, but I'm starting to get optimistic again. There are still huge numbers to be vaccinated globally and there is still the risk of new variants. But the vaccines are good against all the variants studied so far.

Ā 

Edited by phart

Our friends the heavily vaccinated Israelis again...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-ministry-chief-says-coronavirus-spread-reaching-record-heights

Health Ministry Director-General Nachman Ash said Tuesday that the current wave of coronavirus infections is surpassing anything seen in previous outbreaks and that he is disappointed that a recent downward trend appeared to be reversing.

Ashā€™s remarks via video call to the Knesset Constitution, Law, and Justice Committee came as Health Ministry figures showed that over 10,000 new COVID-19 cases were diagnosed the day before and that the positive test rate was climbing.

Pointing out that there is an average of 8,000 new infections each day, with occasional peaks over 10,000, he said, ā€œThat is a record that did not exist in the previous waves,ā€ including the massive third wave at the end of last year.

And yet they are still doing the passports...Ā Ā šŸ˜€Ā Great idea lads.Ā 

Despite the numbers, Ash said that the so-called Green Pass restriction would be removed from open-air swimming pools, in part to help out parents searching for activities for their children during the holiday period when schools are closed. The holiday period, including the weeklong Sukkot festival, ends September 28.

The Green Pass enables only those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19, recovered from the disease, or recently tested negative for the virus to access most indoor public places, as well as crowded outdoor attractions. Since children below the age of 12 are not eligible for vaccination, they ā€” if theyā€™re over the age of 3 ā€” Ā must get rapid virus tests to attend many recreation venues.

The Knesset meeting was convened to discuss the Green Pass system.

Seriously ill COVID-19 patients double in vaccine pace-setter Singapore

* Singapore's daily cases near one-year peaks

* Surging infections highlights bumpy path to reopening

* Patients requiring oxygen doubled over past two days to 54

SINGAPORE, Sept 13 (Reuters) - The rapid pace of new COVID-19 infections and a doubling of seriously ill patients in Singapore have raised unexpected hurdles to reopening plans for the vaccination frontrunner, where 81% of the population is fully vaccinated.

Singapore, one of the fastest in the world to reach that level, has seen its inoculation rates plateau, and this month paused its gradual reopening plans, spooked by daily infections that returned to one-year peaks this month.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/singapore/

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah but yeah but yeah but vaccine passports....Ā šŸ˜€Ā Are ye's fucking mental.Ā 

And of course it is all the unvaccinated's fault... so mandatory vaccines next.... it is the final solution.

It really is becoming obvious that is all about the vaccines and forcing everyone to take them for some reason even when it makes things worse by 'encouraging' people to take them by holding unsafe mass gatherings and excluding the unvaccinated like that makes it safe.

Vaccinated or not people should not be doing mass gatherings during a pandemic. Especially when the vaccines clearly don't stop you catching and spreading it and in large numbers.

Edited by thplinth

I do not want to derail the thread so I wont be arguing about it but I must admit to becoming increasingly uncomfortable watching how this is all playing out now.

I don't know if some others (except Scotty šŸ˜€) see it as well but there is a 'dark duality' to every that is being done in the name of this pandemic.

By that I mean there are two distinct potential interpretations to what is being done.

The light side, the surface side, the public side, is that it is all being done with the best of intentions for the reasons publicly stated and understood by all. We will make mistakes along the way but everyone is doing their best and doing what is right as much as possible.Ā 

The dark duality is that if you were trying to take away people civil liberties and introduce draconian systems of control over people's lives or (far worse) even stealth population control measures (or partial genocide if you prefer that term) then what they are increasingly doing now could also fit to those dark goals almost perfectly as well. Release the virus, create the crisis, present the 'solution'.

Note how it has almost become a mania now that everyone must be jabbed... the ever changing narrative leading us to the brink of forced injections for everyone and at their beckoning or no job, no travel, no social life etc...

Like I say it all has this dark duality to it. So I think we should all be aware that it is possible we are being fucked here. And that the people really running the show are well capable of it.

Don't take this too seriously... but it is surprising for example how far down this list we are right now, today, 2021.Ā 

2wcx2hb9m8611.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

We even have the emergence of the VacciNazis. (Fair game after 'vaccine denier' šŸ˜€).

Edited by thplinth

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've lost track a wee bit. Who are they trying to kill? The vaccinated or the unvaccinated.Ā 

Come on man you have gone a bit CaledonianCraig here.Ā TheĀ even made the obligatory TV program about it so no one would take it seriously when they did it for real. 'Foreshadowing' they call it.Ā šŸ˜€

One thing about that clip is... it does shows how people would convince themselves they were doing it for the 'good' of humanity. That is exactly how it would work, I think that is how all genocides work fundamentally.Ā  But we digress.Ā šŸ˜€

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I've lost track a wee bit. Who are they trying to kill? The vaccinated or the unvaccinated.Ā 

I like how they've re-written the holocaust memorial day trusts 10 stages of genocide and altered the content under the headers so it better suits what they're promoting , the same way the protestors wander around with yellow stars on. The brink of forced vaccination is qualatatively the same as no forced vaccination. However we're not discussing any of this. No scrutiny cause it won't survive scrutiny.

Obviously a huge streak of authoritarianism is coming through but that's explained by governments not having control and trying to get control of a situation. Same way with internment camps in USA in World War 2 etc. Human nature kicking in and trying to micro-manage everything.

Incidentally the first ivermectin studies are coming in. Here's the guy who designed the studies and actually found that fluvoxamine might be useful in the fight against covid.

Mills says he and his colleagues have been abused and threatened by ivermectin adherents; the trial designers even went through the rigorous process of changing the dosage administered to comport better to the fansā€™ preferred regimen of three days instead of just one. ā€œWe tested, what, seven other drugs? Nobody abuses us about the other drugs. We even showed one of them worked,ā€ Mills tells me. His team touted positive results for fluvoxamine, ā€œand that crowd doesnā€™t seem to care. If you ask them, ā€˜Why do you feel so strongly about ivermectin?ā€™ they will say, ā€˜Because we feel there should be a cheap, effective drug that can be used by poor people.ā€™ OK, well, we have that. We have it with fluvoxamine, and with inhaled budesonide. Why do they not care about those drugs? They donā€™t have an answer. They just want to talk about ivermectin.ā€

Ā 

Gregory H Stanton wrote the original one and it was a lot more involved.

https://www.genocidewatch.com/tenstages

Ā 

Here's the first topic which is covered in your one by "people are divided into "them" and "us"

Here is what the original says

"All cultures have categories to distinguish people into ā€œus and themā€ by ethnicity, race, religion, or nationality: German and Jew, Hutu and Tutsi. Bipolar societies that lack mixed categories, such as Rwanda and Burundi, are the most likely to have genocide.Ā  One of most important classifications in the current nation-state system is citizenship in a nationality.Ā  Removal or denial of a group's citizenship is a legal wayĀ to deny the group's civil and human rights.Ā  The first step toward the genocide of Jews and Roma in Nazi Germany were the laws to strip them of their German citizenship.Ā  Burma'sĀ 1982 citizenship law classified Rohingyas out of national citizenship. In India, the Citizenship Act denies a route to citizenship for Muslim refugees.Ā  Native Americans were not granted citizenship in the USA until 1924, after centuries of genocide that decimated their populations.Ā 

The main preventive measure at this early stage is to develop universalistic institutions that transcend ethnic or racial divisions, that actively promote tolerance and understanding, and that promote classifications that transcend the divisions. The Catholic church could have played this role in Rwanda, had it not been riven by the same ethnic cleavages as Rwandan society. Promotion of a common language in countries like Tanzania has also promoted transcendent national identity. Laws that provide routes for citizenship to immigrants and refugees break down barriers to civil rights. This search for common ground is vital to early prevention of genocide."

Edited by phart

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

TheĀ even made the obligatory TV program about it so no one would take it seriously when they did it for real. 'Foreshadowing' they call it.Ā šŸ˜€

It goes past 'foreshadowing' (and more specifically 'foreboding') to 'predictive programming'.

Predictive Programming is theory that the government or other higher-ups are using fictional movies or books as a mass mind control tool to make the population more accepting of planned future events. This was first described and proposed by researcher Alan Watt who defines Predictive programming as ā€œPredictive programming is a subtle form of psychological conditioning provided by the media to acquaint the public with planned societal changes to be implemented by our leaders. If and when these changes are put through, the public will already be familiarized with them and will accept them as natural progressions, thus lessening possible public resistance and commotion.ā€

7 hours ago, thplinth said:

Come on man you have gone a bit CaledonianCraig here.Ā TheĀ even made the obligatory TV program about it so no one would take it seriously when they did it for real. 'Foreshadowing' they call it.Ā šŸ˜€

One thing about that clip is... it does shows how people would convince themselves they were doing it for the 'good' of humanity. That is exactly how it would work, I think that is how all genocides work fundamentally.Ā  But we digress.Ā šŸ˜€

That doesn't help me though. I need to know which group they want to kill so that I can decide whether to accept my third vaccination or not. Too late for the first two. I can't un-vaccinate myself. I might be able to hack the record system though. I just hope Varderark hasn't just signed his own death warrant by chasing up that username. He might have got away with it, if he wasn't on the system?

Edited by Orraloon