Coronavirus - Page 333 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

41 minutes ago, Lamia said:

I can’t recall the last time someone caught HIV or hepatitis from being next to someone with it. Do these people really not realise what nonsense they speak. 

Lawrence Fox was pushing a similar narrative the other day which tells you all you need to know.

12 minutes ago, Lamia said:

England's infection rate falling after schools return - sorry I really don't buy this!

Not falling in the age groups of school folk though.

Also not really falling at all in the case ratio graphs i've been looking at.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

That's data from w/e 18th september, they've been rising all this week in the school age cohorts.

Correct me if I am wrong but did schools not go back in England on 1st Sep. If so we could logically have expect an increase in the week ending 18th Sep.

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Correct me if I am wrong but did schools not go back in England on 1st Sep. If so we could logically have expect an increase in the week ending 18th Sep.

an increase in absolutely dependent on multiple variables , you could only logically expect it to mirror Scotland if the English schools had the exact same conditions as Scotland. We know this is not the case. England had more cases per 100k than us earlier in the year it's too complicated a situation to model it accurately by just assuming everything is the same and then try and work it from there, everything is not the same and in some cases very different.

1 hour ago, tartandon said:

anybody had any luck getting the covid status app to work?

Keep adding my ID and then it saying my face isn't recognised; doesn't actually take a pic.  

The wife has hers though - downloaded at the same time and she breezed through.  

11 hours ago, tartandon said:

anybody had any luck getting the covid status app to work?

Nope.   The app can't match me with my login email/password (even though I can go separately to the vaccine status site and log in ok).

I suspect I could have problems at the next step too as I don't have a photo drovers licence and my passport has expired.

I've downloaded the pdf with the QR status codes though without the app.

38 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Nope.   The app can't match me with my login email/password (even though I can go separately to the vaccine status site and log in ok).

I suspect I could have problems at the next step too as I don't have a photo drovers licence and my passport has expired.

What on earth do people without a drivers licence or passport do??

It won't let me download the pdf file! I got the app working though after a few hours of trying.

Edited by Lamia

11 hours ago, Debian said:

Keep adding my ID and then it saying my face isn't recognised; doesn't actually take a pic.  

The wife has hers though - downloaded at the same time and she breezed through.  

Reset the cache this morning and I'm now on the Covid App register.  Can't wait for a wee Russian to hack my profile and leak me as a spy to North Korea or some other tinfoil shizz

45 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

You need to create a brand new login! They should have explained that better. 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

I got mine easily like your wife but husband struggled as he has android and couldn’t find the app, had to google it and found the Scot NHS alternative in a newspaper article. Was very easy process after establishing that.

Was hilarious when it was taking your picture. Its like an artists sketch, we looked like Maw and  Hen Broon 🤣