Coronavirus - Page 104 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Nope

Correct. He worded the statement well: Families of NHS and social care workers who have died after contracting coronavirus in the course of their duties will receive a £60,000 payment from the taxpayer, Matt Hancock has announced.

So they need to prove they caught the virus from a patient they were treating or a colleague and not from outside the workplace?

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

That’s a pretty frightening development.

On a tangent to that, I see France have said letting the kids back to school is one of the first things they’ll do to exit the lockdown.

I can’t see the Scottish schools going back until August, if they did, what would be the point in all the social distancing, not seeing family etc while your kids are mingling with kids from 500 other houses at school. They’ve come home with nits 3 times in 2 years, and you need to be a lot closer than 2metres to catch that.

Taking the kids out of school was the 1st thing we did.

43 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s a pretty frightening development.

On a tangent to that, I see France have said letting the kids back to school is one of the first things they’ll do to exit the lockdown.

I can’t see the Scottish schools going back until August, if they did, what would be the point in all the social distancing, not seeing family etc while your kids are mingling with kids from 500 other houses at school. They’ve come home with nits 3 times in 2 years, and you need to be a lot closer than 2metres to catch that.

Taking the kids out of school was the 1st thing we did.

There's a load of pish being spouted about it being ok to send kids to school because they don't suffer as much if they get infected. That's not the bloody point! The kids have parents who they go home to at the end of the day and the parents will get infected. 

It will be interesting to watch the number of infections in countries that are starting to ease restrictions. If there is a surge in cases, there is no way we can justify relaxing things.

I'll be very surprised if we see any of the following return in the next 12 months

• Sporting events in front of crowds
  • concerts
  • cinemas
Edited by tartandon

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The title is misleading as that is not what he actually says... I would not normally post this but he got a nobel prize for the co-discovery of HIV. 

Pretty mindblowing going to send it to someone who speaks French first and make sure the translation is correct.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

I am not sure about that article. He says clearly (if you trust the translation) that he does not know who created it and for what purpose only that he thinks it was created or rather modified in a laboratory.

This is where I saw the video embedded. It seems to be a more accurate summary of what he actually said. (The number of folk constantly trying to spin this stuff into an anti-chinese narrative is definitely making me more suspicious also.) 

https://www.dr-rath-foundation.org/2020/04/nobel-prize-winning-scientist-who-discovered-hiv-says-coronavirus-was-created-in-laboratory/

Like 911 and like the 2008 financial crisis I think we will be able judge better when we see what changes will be introduced on the back of it. But the lesson of 2008 was simple. Create a crisis and get massive bailouts at the tax payers expense. No one went to jail for it, still waiting... 

If true this could be deliberate (for various geo-political reasons and/or just plain old criminality but probably a nexus of those much like 911 was) or accidental (and they just decided to exploit it as much as possible). I am starting to favour the former more and more seeing how this is being played now. Time will tell. We will know the tree by the fruit it bears.

12 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Do you honestly believe they will pay this out?

Probably not. When I first heard about it I thought that this probably isn't even new money. I thought he is probably just talking about the death in service insurance payment that NHS staff already have as part of their pensions scheme. Then I thought that they might have taken that insurance part out the pension scheme when they changed it a few years back, and started making them pay 12% of their salary into it?

I wouldn't put anything past these fukers.

26 minutes ago, beardy said:

Or made in the good old US of A

IMG-20200428-WA0003.jpg

Well there was this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/health/germs-fort-detrick-biohazard.html

Now that is very curious timing. Remember that strange respiratory disease in the US that they said was due to vaping that started to appear... speculation is that this appeared in the US first and was either misdiagnosed or ignored as regular flu. One scenario could be that they realized they had fucked up and let this out somehow and at that point an operation was put in place to frame China by making it look like it started there. (This is where the Wuhan Military Games theory comes in.) Can you imagine the damage done if the the US was seen as responsible for releasing this due to their own sloppiness in their bio warfare lab. Solution shift it to China and then exploit as best they can.

Or the Chinese let it out by mistake. 

If it comes down to sloppiness I know who my money is on.

The above paper really illustrates how elegantly horrific genetic research is.

The above study was too far away in nucleosides from SARS Cov2 however what I found frightening was when they did attenuate the virus in mouse respiratory cells it was resistant to MAbs and vaccines. That is scary.

I'm not convinced it's man made but I would not be surprised if it was. 

13 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Correct. He worded the statement well: Families of NHS and social care workers who have died after contracting coronavirus in the course of their duties will receive a £60,000 payment from the taxpayer, Matt Hancock has announced.

So they need to prove they caught the virus from a patient they were treating or a colleague and not from outside the workplace?

Where did they get this figure of £60k from ? The money will of course help families a little and I suppose they had to specify a number or calculation , but it seems a bit of a random figure. How do you put a price on someones life?
It sounds to me a bit crass and thrown together. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Where did they get this figure of £60k from ? The money will of course help families a little and I suppose they had to specify a number or calculation , but it seems a bit of a random figure. How do you put a price on someones life?

Not sure where it came from? Maybe it's just a sweetener incase any criminal injuries claims come out of this? As another poster said it could be tied in with a death in service payment? 100% convinced most of the people who have sadly died (NHS and Care) workers won't see a penny and if they do their will be some sort of caveats attached which will make it difficult to receive a pay out.

51 minutes ago, phart said:

The US moving it to China is a brilliant move, if true, cause it's the ultimate plausibile deniability since it was one of the projected epicentres for something like this to happen naturally anyway.

None of us know obviously but my impression is the Chinese sussed this early on judging by their response to it. They wont know for sure but I reckon they strongly suspected. China is saying now (as of today) that they had just over 80,000 cases of which only just over 600 are still active. The US in comparison has had over a million cases and over 800,000 are still active. They 'overtook China hard and fast eh... So now we are hearing that China is lying and must have 10 times the cases etc etc... That is because the numbers are starting to not support the accusation so well. 

Then as well the other country that copped this hard 'at the beginning' (if that is when it really was) was Iran and especially their parliament and leadership. That is a strange one as well eh... 

This has come after a long pattern of hostility towards China since Trump won (recall the orchestrated HK protests). (Steve Bannon is off the scale on China and Trump is the same.) If this was lab modified they will know it as well. If they conclude it did not come from their lab then the only alternative can be that it came from someone else's. Under that scenario there will surely be some form of serious retaliation.

If things are not exactly what we are being told and this is lab modified then we could be in a very dangerous global situation beyond the risks of the virus itself. Great!

Edited by thplinth

I'm almost certain the idea that the virus is man made was debunked weeks ago

edit

It was - whether you want to believe it is another matter

https://www.labmate-online.com/news/laboratory-products/3/breaking-news/is-covid-19-man-made-or-natural/51980

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-what-scientists-think-of-the-coronavirus-was-made-in-a-lab-rumour

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, beardy said:

The above paper really illustrates how elegantly horrific genetic research is.

The above study was too far away in nucleosides from SARS Cov2 however what I found frightening was when they did attenuate the virus in mouse respiratory cells it was resistant to MAbs and vaccines. That is scary.

I'm not convinced it's man made but I would not be surprised if it was. 

Edited by Orraloon

49 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

3 X average annual salary?