Season 19/20 - Page 213 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's all your thoughts?  Call the league now. Wait till June and play rest of games closed doors?  I think we should just call it as it is tbh.  Meaning Celtic will be champions and hearts relegated.  At least it will men teams being paid out before they go bust.

Prime example here of people playing the man and not the ball. While it’s not the “smoking gun” they might have claimed they had the dossier raises several questions that need answered and highlights a pretty shocking lack of governance. I’m pretty sure most football fans agree that Doncaster and SPFL aren’t fit for purpose but can’t see beyond the fact that it’s Rangers that are highlighting it and are more focussed on the manner in which they’ve done it rather than the salient points themselves. I don’t necessarily agree with the way Rangers have conducted themselves here but if the end result is a positive regime change then surely that’s a good thing for the game in general. 

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Prime example here of people playing the man and not the ball. While it’s not the “smoking gun” they might have claimed they had the dossier raises several questions that need answered and highlights a pretty shocking lack of governance. I’m pretty sure most football fans agree that Doncaster and SPFL aren’t fit for purpose but can’t see beyond the fact that it’s Rangers that are highlighting it and are more focussed on the manner in which they’ve done it rather than the salient points themselves. I don’t necessarily agree with the way Rangers have conducted themselves here but if the end result is a positive regime change then surely that’s a good thing for the game in general. 

I agree to a certain extent but rangers arent really after change are they? They want to stop celtic, thats it. Rangers were not interested in changing the leagues or removing doncaster till now because doncaster was an ally.

They started out by accusing the Spfl of bullying and now theyve changed that narrative. If rangers were actually concerned with the well being and fairness of the leagues they would have brought it up before now. 

As i said yesterday, the best outcome here is changes at the top and the league finishig behind closed doors. That way everyone benefits. That said i think the outcome will be calling the season as it stands. Whatever they decide, there will be screams of legal action and deceit

Id also like to know more about these threats made by park towards doncaster.

Edited by vanderark14

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

But no evidence of bullying or coercian. Thats the point being made

Ignoring that we dont have the appendices, I have a feeling you havent read the full report, have you? Apologies if this isn't true, but it seems a lot of folk are just going with the SPFL line. Best to approach these things with your eyes open, rather simply playing the man, or making comments based on how people look.

As I have said before, I really wish it hadnt been Rangers that raised this. We might have got somewhere (which is probably our boards own fault considering how they have acted in the past). However the corporate governance stuff would have got any other board removed by now- or at the least investigated.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Does anyone actually know what is going on in general.

Falkirk released a statement late last night, looks as if other clubs are finally coming round and seeing how shambolic the organisation are. 

Hearts will likely take this down a legal route now if it's called and their relegated.  If that happens, then the leagues surely won't be able to restart until that is resolved.  

Ive read the falkirk statement. They use terms like injustice and shambolic and theres a lot of anger there but it seems like mostly sour grapes because the decision hasnt gone their way.

Falkirk and anyone else who thought reconstruction would happen need to head to the local psychiatrist because everyone knew it wouldnt happen. The top teams in scotland are hardly known for being happy to decrease income.

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Ignoring that we dont have the appendices, I have a feeling you havent read the full report, have you? Apologies if this isn't true, but it seems a lot of folk are just going with the SPFL line. Best to approach these things with your eyes open, rather simply playing the man, or making comments based on how people look.

As I have said before, I really wish it hadnt been Rangers that raised this. We might have got somewhere (which is probably our boards own fault considering how they have acted in the past). However the corporate governance stuff would have got any other board removed by now- or at the least investigated.

Has there been clear evidence of bullying and coercian?

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s a fair analysis. 

People are judging it on what Rangers said they had, and it’s nothing like that. So they look daft. I don’t think many will defend Doncaster or the SPFL. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Has there been clear evidence of bullying and coercian?

In my opinion the board went further than a board should do in terms of recommending a resolution, which is why it should be looked at. For full disclosure though, I was speaking to another lawyer yesterday who disagrees. This is obviously without seeing appendix 5 (i think- cant quite recall the numbering).

Have you read the report?

4 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

In my opinion the board went further than a board should do in terms of recommending a resolution, which is why it should be looked at. For full disclosure though, I was speaking to another lawyer yesterday who disagrees. This is obviously without seeing appendix 5 (i think- cant quite recall the numbering).

I havent read the whole report but from what i have seen, rangers have a valid point regarding incompetance which i aclonowledged above. My issue with rangers is their motive the their end game here but i also have an issue with each clubs emd game including my own club.

What about the accusation that park threatened doncaster?

Also, robertson seems to be getting an easy ride here. He is on the SPFL board, are rangers aiming at him too or just doncaster who lets face it is an easy target.

Edited by vanderark14

10 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

The appendices are freely available online. 

Thistle with a statement now. Toys out of the pram from them too. 

Again, the question they should be asked. Did you really think the top tier clubs would share the wealth when everyone of those clubs except celtic are going to have financial problems because of the lockdown? 

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thistle with a statement now. Toys out of the pram from them too. 

Again, the question they should be asked. Did you really think the top tier clubs would share the wealth when everyone of those clubs except celtic are going to have financial problems because of the lockdown? 

And your point is?

Nothing holding the SPFL back now; Rangers have offered to pay for the Independent Review.  

Was also good to hear Stewart take a pasting from an actual lawyer on Sportsound.  

The thing is, as much as Rangers have a point...

:the SPFL have been incompetent forever, why do they care now?

:Stewart Roberson is on the board

:The members (including Rangers) are the SPFL...

Im sure there’s more, but this is the start of the problem.

59 minutes ago, Debian said:

Nothing holding the SPFL back now; Rangers have offered to pay for the Independent Review.  

Was also good to hear Stewart take a pasting from an actual lawyer on Sportsound.  

I'm not sure Rangers offering to pay for it makes any difference. 

If the members don't think it is necessary then they won't vote for it.

You can't have an independent investigation every time a team feels slighted (although I have absolutely no idea what Rangers grievance is).

If their lookong own at the whole running of the SPL/SPFL maybe the Res12 guys could piggy back it 😉

The whole thing still feels like scorched earth and I honestly don't know why it's such a big issue. I get the distinct impression that this will cripple the game for months which probably isn't ideal at this time. Football could have bugger all revenue streams for easily the next 9 months and Rangers are as exposed as anyone else here. 

What the hell are Rangers so pissed off about, surely it has to be more than getting it up Celtic. I don't for one  minute believe altruism.is the driving force. So Rangers fans, what is the clubs motivation?

2 minutes ago, beardy said:

I'm not sure Rangers offering to pay for it makes any difference. 

If the members don't think it is necessary then they won't vote for it.

You can't have an independent investigation every time a team feels slighted (although I have absolutely no idea what Rangers grievance is).

If their lookong own at the whole running of the SPL/SPFL maybe the Res12 guys could piggy back it 😉

The whole thing still feels like scorched earth and I honestly don't know why it's such a big issue. I get the distinct impression that this will cripple the game for months which probably isn't ideal at this time. Football could have bugger all revenue streams for easily the next 9 months and Rangers are as exposed as anyone else here. 

What the hell are Rangers so pissed off about, surely it has to be more than getting it up Celtic. I don't for one  minute believe altruism.is the driving force. So Rangers fans, what is the clubs motivation?

Res 12 😂 fucking moonhowlers. Ah remember their article to a Swiss newspaper in the wrong language. 

Members are only looking after self interest and just want the money.  That option was there without a need to end the season! 

No one had to be punished or relegated and the league could be finished whenever the time comes.  

I've already said this was about celtic  it being given the title, they probably would have won it, but they haven't. 

Its clear that the SPFL are banged to rights here and Rangers want Doncaster out.  Buzzing for the day it happens.   

34 minutes ago, Debian said:

Res 12 😂 fucking moonhowlers. Ah remember their article to a Swiss newspaper in the wrong language. 

Members are only looking after self interest and just want the money.  That option was there without a need to end the season! 

No one had to be punished or relegated and the league could be finished whenever the time comes.  

I've already said this was about celtic  it being given the title, they probably would have won it, but they haven't. 

Its clear that the SPFL are banged to rights here and Rangers want Doncaster out.  Buzzing for the day it happens.   

But the members had been given an advance in March. it was covered. I though Rangers wanted unsecured loans and even then their proposal.was deemed incompetent.

Members are looking after self interest, but so are Rangers.

Did Rangers say they were happy to wait 9 months (or whatever) and finish the league? I've not seem that anywhere. 

If the plan was to wait until the time comes to finish the league I suspect a lot of clubs will be bust (mine included).

Members voted to get their final payment I assume to keep the wolf from the door.

I just don't see how they are banged to rights. They clumsily administered a vote but it's hardly the biggest crime of the century. I suspect if an investigation is undertaken it will be a very bland collections of findings with a no fault/no blame outcome. 

Rangers are not exactly in the best financial shape, could they last 6 months with no gate receipts?

It just feels like.a ridiculous over-reaction to a minor indiscretion. It's obfuscation what remains to be seen is why.

We're in the same position as Rangers in the Championship but were not having on about asterisk titles.

The biggest loser in the is probably Celtic, maybe the whole Rangers circus is really that petty.

8 hours ago, Debian said:

I've just listened to sprtsound and I'm assuming you mean the discussion with Leslie Deans. 

At no point did he give Stewart a pasting, in fact they agreed on points so can I assume you didnt listen to it and have gleaned you info from follow follow otherwise you have a serious comprehension problem.

Leslie Deans still did not offer any solution to the problem and when pushed had nothing. He's no different to any other self interested fan and is arguing only from that perspective.

Unless these affected teams which will also include mine provide a workable solution then they are both really contributing.

I like the idea of a solidarity payment. I wonder if Rangers et al would be happy to give up prize money this year to form solidarity payments. I suspect not.

Self interest is the only driving force here and will ultimately kill a lot of clubs. This is a force.majeur event, some will suffer that's how it's going to be. However a number of clubs want to scorch the earth. They'll likely die by their own fire.

6 hours ago, beardy said:

But the members had been given an advance in March. it was covered. I though Rangers wanted unsecured loans and even then their proposal.was deemed incompetent.

Members are looking after self interest, but so are Rangers.

Did Rangers say they were happy to wait 9 months (or whatever) and finish the league? I've not seem that anywhere. 

If the plan was to wait until the time comes to finish the league I suspect a lot of clubs will be bust (mine included).

Members voted to get their final payment I assume to keep the wolf from the door.

I just don't see how they are banged to rights. They clumsily administered a vote but it's hardly the biggest crime of the century. I suspect if an investigation is undertaken it will be a very bland collections of findings with a no fault/no blame outcome. 

Rangers are not exactly in the best financial shape, could they last 6 months with no gate receipts?

It just feels like.a ridiculous over-reaction to a minor indiscretion. It's obfuscation what remains to be seen is why.

We're in the same position as Rangers in the Championship but were not having on about asterisk titles.

The biggest loser in the is probably Celtic, maybe the whole Rangers circus is really that petty.

This entire shambles is about stopping celtic at all costs and/or creating tbe siege mentality. The latter is working perfectly. 

I say let them have their investigation if they want to pay for it.