Season 19/20 - Page 214 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Say what you like about Douglas Park.  The man has built a business empire.  He wouldn't be offering to pay for an independent enquiry if he had no grounds.  Ironically this could be to the benefit of all Scottish clubs and most of you guys on here by shaking up the SPFL?

unsure

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Say what you like about Douglas Park.  The man has built a business empire.  He wouldn't be offering to pay for an independent enquiry if he had no grounds.  Ironically this could be to the benefit of all Scottish clubs and most of you guys on here by shaking up the SPFL?

So have Rangers offered a solution to ending the season that will keep all clubs and UEFA happy ?

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Nobody knows, these talks are confidential I suppose.  I don't know what the other clubs have suggested.  Do you?

No this is my point, everyone is crying foul but no one is giving any workable solutions.

The SPFL board pit a proposal together of which Stewart Robertson must have known about. The vast majority accepted it and the minorty have just spat the dummy.

I still can't figure out they Rangers are so raging, this doesn't really affect them.

So why now is Neil Doncaster in their cross hairs? Fvcking hell Debian is 'buzzing' for the day he is sacked. That is pathetic. 

Why is he all of a sudden a bete noire? is it really because Celtic might be given the league. So why?

Just now, vanderark14 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously VA.  I don't think Lawell is the problem.  IMO it is the self interest of all of the clubs which is the hard nut to crack.  The people in charge of most clubs will not be stupid or forced by Lawell.  I don't think so.

5 minutes ago, beardy said:

No this is my point, everyone is crying foul but no one is giving any workable solutions.

The SPFL board pit a proposal together of which Stewart Robertson must have known about. The vast majority accepted it and the minorty have just spat the dummy.

I still can't figure out they Rangers are so raging, this doesn't really affect them.

So why now is Neil Doncaster in their cross hairs? Fvcking hell Debian is 'buzzing' for the day he is sacked. That is pathetic. 

Why is he all of a sudden a bete noire? is it really because Celtic might be given the league. So why?

I cant figure out why Rangers are raging either. But there must be something we cant see.  A businessman the stature of Park wouldn't put his reputation on the line for nothing.  Surely.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I cant figure out why Rangers are raging either. But there must be something we cant see.  A businessman the stature of Park wouldn't put his reputation on the line for nothing.  Surely.

Let's go back to 2011.would you say the same about Sir David Murray?

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Seriously VA.  I don't think Lawell is the problem.  IMO it is the self interest of all of the clubs which is the hard nut to crack.  The people in charge of most clubs will not be stupid or forced by Lawell.  I don't think so.

I dont think lawell is the problem, i wasnt being serious.

The vast majority of clubs are happy with the outcome, what do rangers expect an independent ivestigation to prove? an incompetent SPFL board? They have someone on that board and we already knew the board and doncaster are incompetent. Most of us outwith the rangers support figured that out in 2012. 

So we establish the spfl is useless and the vote was administered poorly with great incomptence. What next? 

Park having a succesful business has nothing to do with this.

18 minutes ago, beardy said:

Ahh but the Huns don't want him sacked so they keep saying, a claim that is about as hilarious as the flabber that is hanging off Douglas Parks chops. 

I know that but you would like to think that he is not a stupid man and has a genuine complaint.  But I don't know.  What I do know is that it is a shambles overall.

Football in scotland and in particular the old firm rivalry turns even the most intelligent hard working people into slavering morons

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Football in scotland and in particular the old firm rivalry turns even the most intelligent hard working people into slavering morons

Aye, it certainly changes a person.  But then again we are all the same I think.  Football affects our normal brains as well!!!

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

I know, have you heard the mess that is Tom English?  I used to think he was decent, he is a clueless and rambling idiot. Maybe best sticking to rugby. 

No, I keep forgetting to listen to sportsound.  Might play it this morning and have a listen,

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye, it certainly changes a person.  But then again we are all the same I think.  Football affects our normal brains as well!!!

Park himelf says he wants whats best for all clubs. Id say even the staunchest rangers fan knows thats shite 

46 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Say what you like about Douglas Park.  The man has built a business empire.  He wouldn't be offering to pay for an independent enquiry if he had no grounds. 

He's offering to pay for something that won't happen. Fvck, I could offer to pay for it. It won't sway any clubs if they don't see any wrongdoing.

What would be funny is if Celtic offered to pay for it. Sadly they haven't said a fvxking word which is a bit selfish considering their role in the great soap opera that is Scottish Football. 

1 hour ago, beardy said:

I've just listened to sprtsound and I'm assuming you mean the discussion with Leslie Deans. 

At no point did he give Stewart a pasting, in fact they agreed on points so can I assume you didnt listen to it and have gleaned you info from follow follow otherwise you have a serious comprehension problem.

Leslie Deans still did not offer any solution to the problem and when pushed had nothing. He's no different to any other self interested fan and is arguing only from that perspective.

Unless these affected teams which will also include mine provide a workable solution then they are both really contributing.

I like the idea of a solidarity payment. I wonder if Rangers et al would be happy to give up prize money this year to form solidarity payments. I suspect not.

Self interest is the only driving force here and will ultimately kill a lot of clubs. This is a force.majeur event, some will suffer that's how it's going to be. However a number of clubs want to scorch the earth. They'll likely die by their own fire.

Unlike a few on here, presumably you too, I don't have a FF login.  

Stewart had nothing.  

11 minutes ago, Debian said:

Unlike a few on here, presumably you too, I don't have a FF login.  

Stewart had nothing.  

I don't have a FF login but it's not exactly hard to see what's on it, unless you're a bit stupid.

'Stewart had nothing', What a meaningless phrase, he agreed with Leslie Deans about the compensation.  There was no conflict between them. You're talking pIsh.

Im listening to the podcast now, the Hearts supporting lawyer comes across like a mental lunatic. Every opinion he had was very slanted towards his club, making a hell of a lot of assumptions would go his way. Pretty much a slightly better version of Alex Rae or John Hartson.

5 more minutes, and this guy is certifiable. He contradicts himself every second sentence, who the fuck would. hire him, well probably everyone as he says exactly what his client wants to hear. Complete lunatic.

Edited by kumnio

3 minutes ago, beardy said:

I don't have a FF login but it's not exactly hard to see what's on it, unless you're a bit stupid.

'Stewart had nothing', What a meaningless phrase, he agreed with Leslie Deans about the compensation.  There was no conflict between them. You're talking pIsh.

So you go on Follow Follow? 😂 Fucking weirdo. 

You probably took whatever snippet you've got from all those other message boards you happen to frequent too.