Top Gear Vs Malvinas Veterans - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Top Gear Vs Malvinas Veterans

Knowing the 'humour' of Clarkson and colleagues (from years of watching them on TV) I really wouldn't put it passed them to have known exactly what they were doing registration plate wise. Backfired massively. Don't blame the Argie reaction at all.

i think the locals were looking for any reason just to beat them up.

Local councillor Juan Manuel Romano said the digits 269 on the number plate of the Ford Mustang were close to the 255 Britons killed during the 1982 war - and the numbers 646 on the Lotus could be taken as a reference to the 649 Argentinian casualties.

Knowing the 'humour' of Clarkson and colleagues (from years of watching them on TV) I really wouldn't put it passed them to have known exactly what they were doing registration plate wise. Backfired massively. Don't blame the Argie reaction at all.

As the saying goes, no such thing as bad publicity.

The second greatest man to emerge from Doncaster.

Clarkson - IMHO - is a qunt!

He allied himself to a wife - aye, the one who has fuccked him off, who is a lady fae the Isle-of-Man. whose faither won the VC... and tipped his hat to the Forces who, naturally 'loved' the fat, bald, curly erkie!

Now she has identified him as the walloper he is, I wid hope the people who once saw him as a 'good guy', see him for what he is... a fuqqin' kling-on!

Bear in mind, he went to the I-o -M as a tax-dodging bassa, and had the audacity to try and stop 'rambling' across his land... I hope he dies of a bullet of his own shite!

A trio of complete turds!

Not a fan of Top Gear or Clarkson. However I doubt he woke up one morning a decided to secure this number plate. Its got to be a collective decision from the producers etc. Which makes it all the stranger they they are saying it was a coincidence. I am sure there will be evidence to prove otherwise. If they are telling lies it will soon come out,

I think Clarkson is a total vvank. He courts controversy in an imperial way, mocking anything and everything that is in any way different to the culture that has rewarded him with millions of pounds for his total rank patter. He's a piece of shit.

This is spot on:

you met him then?

I was at middle school with him (my only claim to fame). He was a bit of a côck then too, to be honest. His mother made a mint by producing the original Paddington Bear toys and he was whisked off to a prep school while the rest of us piled into the local pit-village comp.

I quite enjoy Top Gear and don't find him anywhere near as annoying as, say Stephen Fry. The overseas specials have always been dodgy though. They should stick to fannying about at home.

Met Clarkson once at a charity dinner and got the impression he was a total attention seeker, butting into other fowks' conversations and giving his opinion even if you didn't ask for it. He didn't really think much of my opinion that cars are just something that get you from A to B (like a bus) and not a real peni5 extension.

me neither, hes playing a character

he plays on the fact people love to be upset and outraged

surely an idiot can see that? unless they're too busy being angry!

It's easy to see it that way, and has a big element of truth.

However, it's also very redolent of Warren Mitchell and Alf Garnett. After a few seasons he eventually became more and more uncomfortable with the part as he realised people were laughing with the character and not at it. In so doing you're then reinforcing people's prejudices rather than satirising them. Clarkson does the former, because he's not smart enough to do the latter.

It's easy to see it that way, and has a big element of truth.

However, it's also very redolent of Warren Mitchell and Alf Garnett. After a few seasons he eventually became more and more uncomfortable with the part as he realised people were laughing with the character and not at it. In so doing you're then reinforcing people's prejudices rather than satirising them. Clarkson does the former, because he's not smart enough to do the latter.

and in the youtube clip stewart lee (because he's clever) pretty much does clarksons act

but hes being ironic so its okay :huh:

unless you meet clarkson off camera you'll never know how much of a chunt he is/isnt

you can chuck al murray and ricky gervais into that equation as well

Edited by dan cake