Team for forthcoming matches - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for forthcoming matches

Malcolm

34 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Well the referee and SFA compliance officer disagree with you so I’m happy to go with them.  

As for today, yes a red card should have been shown if the referee had seen it but he did appear to be retaliating to a foul by Ajer. That’s no excuse in fairness but to accuse him of being unstable reeks of bias from a Celtic fan. 

Even if McGregor is punished retrospectively, that should have little bearing on who starts against Belgium and Albania. I suppose McLeish may take it into account if he has no other way of seperating the two keepers but that will be up to him. 

:lol: good one :lol:

4 minutes ago, Bino's said:

James McArthur?

I think this has been discussed to death on the James McArthur thread but I take your point. Although he didn’t withdraw from the squad and does have a genuine injury he’s managing. Allegedly.

I’m fairly sure he would still have asked not to be selected this year even if the qualifiers had started in September as usual. 

Phillips, Hendry and Cairney all have genuine injuries and would have pulled out regardless of who we were playing or what tournament we were playing in. 

20 hours ago, Ormond said:

How’s your crack smoking hangover today?

Jack is being found out by the huns, they were told by us sheep that Jack will dominate the so called smaller teams midfield but as soon as he sees even the shadow of scott brown he hands brown his lunch money - proved yesterday. 

20 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

The elbow drop at Motherwell and the kick out today. The man is unstable.

#CraigGordonTA 

I have to agree, twice now he should be sent off. Hopefully he has the brains to know he won;t get away with that when its a non SFA ref

How has Calum Mcregor started the season? 

Edited by vanderark14

On 9/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, Malcolm said:

Ryan jack playing really well just now... should be pushing for a stArting place 

Thats plenty

23 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

McGregor is a liability. Shouldn't be near the team. Bell end. 

best keeper we have, far superior to gordon these days

Half expecting Grant Hanley to get a recall today or tomorrow once squad has been assessed today, as we do seem to be very weak on the central defender front, but I suspect Eck is serious with his talk of using Tierney in a more central role to accommodate Robertson in the team as well.

Against Belgium I suspect he will be slightly more experimental, with Souttar, Mulgrew and Tierney making up the back line, with Robertson and Frazer playing down the wings, and probably revert back to a more traditional back 4 based on that performance if need be.

Edited by wanderer

59 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

He's been more good than bad. When he is playing well, he's playing very well. However, this tends to be when the team as a whole is performing.

I'd turn that around and say Celtic perform when McGregor does.  He's fast becoming our most important player. 

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Steven Naismith might get a call up

Clyde saying a replacement will be called up.

Naismith is the obvious choice, but why delay announcing it? Could be nothing, but sneaky suspicion it might be waiting for clearance for someone like Sam Gallagher, as we are down to our only out and out striker.

Rhodes for me. If we're playing 1 up then it'll be Griff. If we want to switch it up and play a front 2 at some point, then Rhodes is a great option.

Cummings has a lot to prove. Failed in the English Championship and the Scottish Prem. 4 good games in League One do not a player make.

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

McBurnie has now withdrawn from the squad

do we know what is up with mcburnie

will he be bakc on the pitch for swansea next league game

farcical approach some of these guys have

the albania game is huge