This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 211 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

19 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

First was an out and out dive, there was never enough contact to go down like he’d been struck by lightening let along a foul.

The second was the same. Not enough contact for that reaction. Another ridiculous decision brought about by more cheating.

The team was changed several times throughout the game. We had players in different positions, substitutions and different formations.  The performance was everything to do with injuries and missing players.  

That all said, it’s been a sh1t season for Aberdeen and Mcinnes has a massive rebuilding job in the summer following some very poor transfers in the last year. I’d still rather he was our manager than not.  I will revisit this opinion in September.

I admire your tolerance

Defoe man hugging Ferguson a nano-second prior to the first (cough) penalty / TV evidencing an offside 'goal' as being, well, 'offside' is lost on them (You can kick people though, that's fine)

We're rubbish to watch for sure - The kinda stuff that would make your eyes bleed

Milne & McInnes are spinning a lot of plates right now, and the natives are far from happy with the shyte they are coming away with

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is it with Hearts fans these days trying to out Hun the Huns?

They've always had a weird section of BNP wannabe weirdos but it seems to be growing and growing.

West Coast problem my arse.

18947910_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_0e8818073

Obviously thinks Lennon is still in charge. Bungalow owning cardigan wearing bank managers from Corstorphine with an inferiority complex but bigots? Na

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is it with Hearts fans these days trying to out Hun the Huns?

They've always had a weird section of BNP wannabe weirdos but it seems to be growing and growing.

West Coast problem my arse.

18947910_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_0e8818073

Now now, I recall only a matter of months ago being hounded in here for saying as much. 

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just heard Derek McInnes interview. He has a career on stage as a stand up after he stops Football management. 

What a bellend. His team had lost before the start of the game thanks to his tactics but to deflect the blame away he'll just point at the ref. 

Hopefully a friendly visit to the SFA disciplinary committee will be forthcoming. 

All managers need to stop this blame shite and just accept when their team is second best. Just act like grown ups for a wee change. 

I can see both sides of this. By all accounts Aberdeen were dung and never laid a glove on Rangers, but ultimately the game was decided by 2 penalties, one debatable, one not even close. Aberdeen also have another player unavailable next week due to the 2nd yellow for Considine. So I can see why Mcinnes is frustrated with the officiating. Whether Aberdeen deserved anything from the game is a different matter.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I can see both sides of this. By all accounts Aberdeen were dung and never laid a glove on Rangers, but ultimately the game was decided by 2 penalties, one debatable, one not even close. Aberdeen also have another player unavailable next week due to the 2nd yellow for Considine. So I can see why Mcinnes is frustrated with the officiating. Whether Aberdeen deserved anything from the game is a different matter.

Yep!

Many are struggling with that concept though

For the record - By god we were (are) fukin awful.....

17 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

First was an out and out dive, there was never enough contact to go down like he’d been struck by lightening let along a foul.

The second was the same. Not enough contact for that reaction. Another ridiculous decision brought about by more cheating.

The team was changed several times throughout the game. We had players in different positions, substitutions and different formations.  The performance was everything to do with injuries and missing players.  

That all said, it’s been a sh1t season for Aberdeen and Mcinnes has a massive rebuilding job in the summer following some very poor transfers in the last year. I’d still rather he was our manager than not.  I will revisit this opinion in September.

I agree with your observation around cheating - teams aren't helping referees here. Unfortunately the biggest offenders are Rangers and Aberdeen .

The Aberdeen team are, and have been for years, relative experts when it comes to gamesmanship/cheating. 90% of their game consist of niggling fouls, dives and shinnie complaining to the referee. 

Unfortunately this time.they have been outdone. Cant say I'll shed a tear. Fly with the craws and all that. 

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I agree with your observation around cheating - teams aren't helping referees here. Unfortunately the biggest offenders are Rangers and Aberdeen .

The Aberdeen team are, and have been for years, relative experts when it comes to gamesmanship/cheating. 90% of their game consist of niggling fouls, dives and shinnie complaining to the referee. 

Unfortunately this time.they have been outdone. Cant say I'll shed a tear. Fly with the craws and all that. 

Incoming.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, EddardStark said:

I thought both were penalties. The only debatable decision in my opinion was the second yellow. However any Aberdeen wrapping up todays result as an illustration of Scottish Football being corrupt are utterly deluded. That was a game where we totally dominated Aberdeen from start to finish. 

Defoe smacking Lewis in the gob wasn't even debatable in your world? Right you are Colonel Blink. 

20 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I disagree. Lewis saw Defoe coming and decided to leavea bit on him, maybe because he thought Defoe was going to do that to him. 

I also think Defoe was trying to give Lewis a whack, although probably not in the face rather than being defensive. 

Maybe I'm seeing aggression where there is none but that's what it looked like to me. 

At which point did Lewis "leave a bit on him"? 

Serious question as I just watched it back and he just doesn't. At least pretend eh. 

7 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That’s funny. 👏 

7 hours ago, Farcity said:

At which point did Lewis "leave a bit on him"? 

Serious question as I just watched it back and he just doesn't. At least pretend eh. 

Lewis could have avoided the collision or even made an attempt to. He didn't. He was making sure he collided with Defoe. To be honest I have no real issue with that either as it's meant to be a man's game. 

Defoe obviously had intended catching the keeper but realised he was about to get thumped himself, hence the flailing hand. 

So either book them both or tell them to behave.

It wasnt the biggest mistake the ref made though. 

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

McInnes insinuated that the ref was cheating his team. That's utter shite. He and every other manager need called out on these lies as it undermines the game completely. 

If he was a decent coach his team might have tried crossing the half way line occasionally during the game. 

14 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are you honestly saying managers can't moan about officials being utterly pish?

No. McInnes insinuated the ref was cheating for Rangers. That's what needs to stop. 

Also, if he has an issue with the ref, has he made a formal complaint about their performance or just moaned in the press? 

It's not just McInnes. They're all at it. They need to take their share of the blame and stop talking shite about how they were only beaten because of bad decisions.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

McInnes insinuated that the ref was cheating his team. That's utter shite. He and every other manager need called out on these lies as it undermines the game completely. 

If he was a decent coach his team might have tried crossing the half way line occasionally during the game. 

Your own manager was calling a conspiracy for years against rangers after ONE game of the season. 

Maybe your own mob should get the house in order before criticising others. 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No. McInnes insinuated the ref was cheating for Rangers. That's what needs to stop. 

Also, if he has an issue with the ref, has he made a formal complaint about their performance or just moaned in the press? 

It's not just McInnes. They're all at it. They need to take their share of the blame and stop talking shite about how they were only beaten because of bad decisions.

Gerrard starterd it right at the start of the season at Pittodrie, did you condemn him then?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Lewis could have avoided the collision or even made an attempt to. He didn't. He was making sure he collided with Defoe. To be honest I have no real issue with that either as it's meant to be a man's game. 

Defoe obviously had intended catching the keeper but realised he was about to get thumped himself, hence the flailing hand. 

So either book them both or tell them to behave.

It wasnt the biggest mistake the ref made though. 

Lewis had to run out to catch the ball, he collided with Defoe just as he caught it. If Lewis had slowed down to avoid a collision, he wouldn’t have caught the ball. He didn’t catch the ball, then take a sidestep towards Defoe in order to make sure he hit him. 

We’ve been in the end of some bewildering and extraordinary refereeing decisions this season. I thought Mcinnes had called Katic out for cheating. I didn’t hear him call the ref out but I’m not surprised if he did - there’s no way those two pens are given save for two teams. It’s time ref’s were called out for such weakness.