This weekends matches 2018/2019 - Page 187 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This weekends matches 2018/2019

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

The Lennon fascination on here is very much part of how pathetic the Scottish game has become. 

The shit that goes on in Scotland is why our game has fallen into the shadows whilst the English game has soared into the economic stratosphere. When you think how posioned their game was versus ours in the 80's... Look at us now.

it is chronic mismanagement on a Jurassic scale.

Thats a very good point. The English game mid to late 80s was despised in their own country ( except your ‘traditional’ working class fan) and all across Europe, possibly the world while we were ticking away not to bad. 90’s onward our game has been neglected by the authorities to such extremes its difficult to comprehend.  The ‘vision’ as far as I  can see, is pretty much  ‘ at least 4 Old Firm derbies a season will see us alright “  

Cunts  

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

Why is it perfectly acceptable for fans to goad players yet if they give it back it’s an absolute disgrace and the fans want a jail term for the player??

I was at a game 2 weeks ago, lower league on a wet and wild Tuesday night and the home fans were giving opposition striker dogs abuse...your mother is a spunk bucket, your sister a Hoor etc then he scores and runs past them with the hand to the lug....absolute fuck on, home fans foaming at the mouth wanting the ref to pull him up for it. You couldn’t actually make it up. 

I think you're right. Fans are prissy wanks when they're on the receiving end but dish out all sorts with assumed impunity. 

The problems are almost all with the fans. 

2 hours ago, Mitre said:

Rangers will have had 3pm Saturday kick offs only 5 times the whole season. That's just wrong.

To be fair, a chunk of those were sundays while you were in europa league, so that skews the stats.

Having almost every away game on TV comes at a cost.

To put a different angle on it, most teams only get Rangers or Celtic at home at 3pm on a Saturday once every 10 years.

:lol:

27 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, a chunk of those were sundays while you were in europa league, so that skews the stats.

Having almost every away game on TV comes at a cost.

To put a different angle on it, most teams only get Rangers or Celtic at home at 3pm on a Saturday once every 10 years.

:lol:

That would work out to be roughly one game per season which is on the high side I think. Since I started going to away games in 2007 I can only remember there being 1 away game at 3 on a Saturday and that was when Rangers were coming up through the leagues. I have to admit I actually prefer earlier kick offs as it gives you more time in the afternoon/evenings.

45 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

That would work out to be roughly one game per season which is on the high side I think. Since I started going to away games in 2007 I can only remember there being 1 away game at 3 on a Saturday and that was when Rangers were coming up through the leagues. I have to admit I actually prefer earlier kick offs as it gives you more time in the afternoon/evenings.

Think we had Celtic at home at 3pm on a Saturday about 4 seasons ago, I can’t remember the last time we played Rangers at fir park at 3pm on a Saturday?

12 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Keep going.

(You can do it.)

Why are Aberdeen/Sevco kick-offs at 12:15pm?

I know you’re trying to be smart here, but answer me this. How come pretty much every game up until (approximately) the 90’s, used to KO at 3pm on a Saturday without the sky falling in ?  

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I know you’re trying to be smart here...

How is hitting the nail on the head 'being smart'?

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

How come pretty much every game up until (approximately) the 90’s, used to KO at 3pm on a Saturday without the sky falling in ?  

Because the authorities had finally had enough and decided to quell the impact of a longer available time in the pub the best they could.

(Did you really need me to answer that?)

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

How is hitting the nail on the head 'being smart'?

Because the authorities had finally had enough and decided to quell the impact of a longer available time in the pub the best they could.

(Did you really need me to answer that?)

😂😂😂 ‘Hitting the nail on the head.’

To be honest, you’re ( yet again) coming across as a condescending wank incapable of accepting you may well be wide of the mark so I’ll leave it there

I wish your team good luck today though 👍 

Just now, Jim Beem said:

😂😂😂 ‘Hitting the nail on the head.’

To be honest, you’re ( yet again) coming across as a condescending wank incapable of accepting you may well be wide of the mark so I’ll leave it there

And once again my points are so strong that those opposed must (yet again) resort to name calling.

Which two Scottish-based team's supporters have the historic and current record of being the most marauding? (Flares, damaged seats, violence, etc.)

The TV times only mask the reality of the need to try and attempt to keep things as civil as possible with the earliest possible kick-off time.

If you don't understand that if a Celtic/Sevco game were blacked out that it would STILL have a Noon kick-off, then I'll leave it there.

8 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

And once again my points are so strong that those opposed must (yet again) resort to name calling.

Which two Scottish-based team's supporters have the historic and current record of being the most marauding? (Flares, damaged seats, violence, etc.)

The TV times only mask the reality of the need to try and attempt to keep things as civil as possible with the earliest possible kick-off time.

If you don't understand that if a Celtic/Sevco game were blacked out that it would STILL have a Noon kick-off, then I'll leave it there.

Sorry, I should have added arrogant and patronising. That’s not me name calling by the way, it’s just my assessment of your character. 👍

On your second point, I’d give Aberdeen the award for the 1980s period 👍

Agreed though, we’ll leave it there, 

After the last Celtic/Sevco game...

- Morelos collects a 4 game suspension

- Halliday also gets a red card

- Kent is suspended for 2 games

- Gerrard gets a one game sideline ban

- Brown could get suspended

- 3 stabbing (resulting tragically in one death)

Tensions are running extremely high.

The teams meet again in the split at Ibrox in approx. 4 weeks.

Do you seriously believe that TV is the over-riding factor for that game being a Noon kick-off?

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Sorry, I should have added arrogant and patronising.

I'm just confidently making my point.

5 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

That’s not me name calling by the way, it’s just my assessment of your character.

OK, so you're off on both.

(It doesn't make you a bad person.)

7 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Agreed though, we’ll leave it there, 

Because you feel that I'm sooooooo thick that you can't get through to me?

(Now who's being arrogant and patronising?)

Or, because you're pretending to take the high road, when in reality you don't have a comeback?

Simple question...

Do you seriously believe that TV is the over-riding factor for that game being a Noon kick-off?

The TV is a factor. I think they’ve played cup games at 2 or 3pm on a Sunday?

If they got to the Scottish cup final it would be 3pm Saturday.

They have mainly been 12-1230 since the one in the late 90s that was a league decider at 605pm on the Sunday of a holiday weekend.

😂

5 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

😂😂 OK, Ill bite this one more time.

At no time have I ever said that, maybe you need to go back and read the thread ? I assume by ‘that game’ you mean the last OF match ? I doubt the over-riding factor or the sole factor was TV, the potential for trouble was obviously a major factor. Where did I say otherwise ?

Someone pointed out that Rangers had only played 5 games this season that KO’d at 3pm and I commented that I thought that was a disgrace and stand by that. I can only suspect you’ve gone off on your Rangers/Sevco unhealthy obsession which has sent you off on a tangent ?

To reiterate, a team ( any team ) having only 5 games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday is a shite state of affairs. There will be a number of factors for this, none of them good, I suspect the main one will be the TV money.

If you want to continue ‘hitting the nail on the head’ with your ‘points that are so strong’  then crack on 👍