The Mighty Celtic... - Page 153 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

See Leigh Griffiths is bumping his gums in the media about Celtic having the better squad and that no Rangers players would get in the Celtic first 11 🤪

You would think it would be wise to shut your mouth just now and try and do your talking on the park

23 minutes ago, Mitre said:

See Leigh Griffiths is bumping his gums in the media about Celtic having the better squad and that no Rangers players would get in the Celtic first 11 🤪

You would think it would be wise to shut your mouth just now and try and do your talking on the park

The funniest thing that made me laugh out loud was that Griffiths was speaking to the Sun and saying that Celtic keep things in house unlike Rangers.  And he is speaking to the Sun about it.  How thick is that guy?  Sorry Ramy I know Griff is your hero who averages a goal every 4 games.  Which is about as many games he plays in a season.

4 hours ago, Mitre said:

To be fair when you read his comments the headlines are a bit sensationalist. I read it as “I wouldn’t swap the players we’ve got for anyone” and trying to breed a bit of team spirit. He couldn’t exactly come out and say “out right back is pish, I’d take Tav”!! 

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The funniest thing that made me laugh out loud was that Griffiths was speaking to the Sun and saying that Celtic keep things in house unlike Rangers.  And he is speaking to the Sun about it.  How thick is that guy?  Sorry Ramy I know Griff is your hero who averages a goal every 4 games.  Which is about as many games he plays in a season.

FFS, he is not my hero, and yes, he should shut his puss.. My hero was, and still is This Maestro..

17 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

FFS, he is not my hero, and yes, he should shut his puss.. My hero was, and still is This Maestro..

Squeeky bum time bhoyo!  I expect Celtic to win mainly because they need to.  Hence why I bet them.  First half of coupon up but would gladly llose my 20 quid.  Rangers are ROLLING on 👍

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The police horses and battalions are in place at Parkhead.  Plus another Helicopter Sunday a possibility.  Loonies.  🌙

You had better be careful what you wish for. If Celtic win the 2 make up games, we are only 5 back. We more than have the talent to go on a run, as long as Lennon changes things a bit. Still a long way to go....

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You had better be careful what you wish for. If Celtic win the 2 make up games, we are only 5 back. We more than have the talent to go on a run, as long as Lennon chaAgreenges things a bit. Still a long way to go....

Agree Ramy.  You watching game?  I am going to watch it on hesgoal.

20 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Every 2 games*

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You had better be careful what you wish for. If Celtic win the 2 make up games, we are only 5 back. We more than have the talent to go on a run, as long as Lennon changes things a bit. Still a long way to go....

7 points*

Celtic absolutely have the talent to pull it back. The he problem is the pressure of constantly chasing us. We are playing first again next weekend and could be 16 points ahead at that point. Rangers have to go on a bad run or key players such as Tavernier or Kent need to be out injured. We seemed to be extremely disciplined this season. No reds and a low yellow card count. It’s all looking good but it can change after the OF game and our  January fixture schedule is very tough. 

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Lennon gets backed again. 👍

As much as I loved Rangers kicking the bucket, and their fans being utter cunts, my god Celtics fans reaction to losing the first title in a decade is fucking fantastic. 

The Celtic Board are doing the right thing imo.  These morons have shot themselves in the foot.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, EddardStark said:

Celtic absolutely have the talent to pull it back. The he problem is the pressure of constantly chasing us. We are playing first again next weekend and could be 16 points ahead at that point. Rangers have to go on a bad run or key players such as Tavernier or Kent need to be out injured. We seemed to be extremely disciplined this season. No reds and a low yellow card count. It’s all looking good but it can change after the OF game and our  January fixture schedule is very tough. 

Na, we're not coming back from this. It's an absolute shambles behind the scenes and some of it is coming out in the wash now. I'll give you a few examples. 

Hayes - Lennon wanted to extend his contract but Lawell said no, so we then spunk £3.5m on two left backs, neither of whom can play in a 3-5-2, supposedly the managers preference at the the start of the season. 

Elyounnoussi - again can't play in a 3-5-2 but brought back at considerable cost. 

Toney - wanted to come but Lawwell insisted on selling Edouard to fund it and instead we spunk £5m on Ajeti who the club were warned off by various sources. 

Boyle - Lennon wanted him as cover for Forrest but told no. 

Barkas - Lennon didn't want him in the first place and was keen on Marshall plus Hladky as back up

Duffy - again the club were warned off him by various sources but ploughed on. 

It's an absolute shit show instigated by an overpaid CEO and a clueless manager who is working with people he doesn't believe in. Its going to take months, maybe even years to sort this shit out. To boot they are now at war with the support who are now organising themselves properly instead of a few arsehole running around a car park making a cunt of themselves and the club. 

Enjoy yourself in May, you're going to have a good summer 👍

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Na, we're not coming back from this. It's an absolute shambles behind the scenes and some of it is coming out in the wash now. I'll give you a few examples. 

Hayes - Lennon wanted to extend his contract but Lawell said no, so we then spunk £3.5m on two left backs, neither of whom can play in a 3-5-2, supposedly the managers preference at the the start of the season. 

Elyounnoussi - again can't play in a 3-5-2 but brought back at considerable cost. 

Toney - wanted to come but Lawwell insisted on selling Edouard to fund it and instead we spunk £5m on Ajeti who the club were warned off by various sources. 

Boyle - Lennon wanted him as cover for Forrest but told no. 

Barkas - Lennon didn't want him in the first place and was keen on Marshall plus Hladky as back up

Duffy - again the club were warned off him by various sources but ploughed on. 

It's an absolute shit show instigated by an overpaid CEO and a clueless manager who is working with people he doesn't believe in. Its going to take months, maybe even years to sort this shit out. To boot they are now at war with the support who are now organising themselves properly instead of a few arsehole running around a car park making a cunt of themselves and the club. 

Enjoy yourself in May, you're going to have a good summer 👍

How much of this is factual and how much can be attributed to fan gossip?  Things obviously aren't right behind the scenes but Lennon doesn't strike me as the king of guy that would accept all of that.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

How much of this is factual and how much can be attributed to fan gossip?  Things obviously aren't right behind the scenes but Lennon doesn't strike me as the king of guy that would accept all of that.

He wasn't really in a position to make demands was he? He was appointed for exactly the reason he would do as led by Lawwell, that and getting the treble over the line. 

I don't know who pushed for the deal on Duffy but the rest is reliable and tbh it's not even the half of some of the shit I've heard from decent sources. 

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

He wasn't really in a position to make demands was he? He was appointed for exactly the reason he would do as led by Lawwell, that and getting the treble over the line. 

I don't know who pushed for the deal on Duffy but the rest is reliable and tbh it's not even the half of some of the shit I've heard from decent sources. 

I would have to agree with you Slasher. With the amount of talent we have, and to play them in the wrong formation, it makes no sense, just dont understand it. The signings have been poor, and the biggest concern is who is calling the shots. In and other club, Lennon would have been gone, son what the fuck is going on behind the scenes is right.. We will not win the league this year, that is a certainty. To be honest, I am not all that bothered as I am fed to with the circus that we have become....

23 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would have to agree with you Slasher. With the amount of talent we have, and to play them in the wrong formation, it makes no sense, just dont understand it. The signings have been poor, and the biggest concern is who is calling the shots. In and other club, Lennon would have been gone, son what the fuck is going on behind the scenes is right.. We will not win the league this year, that is a certainty. To be honest, I am not all that bothered as I am fed to with the circus that we have become....

Are you giving up your job of Chief Clown then?