The Mighty Celtic... - Page 291 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agree, what a sick cnut. Think the comment has been removed. 

Think he has been banned as all his "funny" posts elsewhere have been removed too

He wis nae Brant Grebner

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

Presume there will be a silence today at CP?  Heading along with my uncle who swagged a couple of briefs of Shinniesta.

Why do you care? If you want a moment quiet contemplation, there are plenty opportunities. You don't need to prioritise a football match over your contemplative needs.

51 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Why do you care? If you want a moment quiet contemplation, there are plenty opportunities. You don't need to prioritise a football match over your contemplative needs.

Is the correct answer.

Rangers fans do remembering better than anyone. Top rememberers 

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Is the correct answer.

Rangers fans do remembering better than anyone. Top rememberers 

turns out the Celtic fans didn’t manage to respect the silence, no big surprise there. I was at a match yesterday and it was immaculately observed.  

if we can’t remember our fallen then we should pack up all silences for anyone, anthems and the like and allow no flags or banners of any sort at a match. 

there is no respect left in society now, and it’s a shame - I dislike where we have ended up.  Personally I wouldn’t disrupt a minutes silence even if I has disregard for what was being remembered- just shows a complete lack of brain cells and respect. Same as booing an opponent anthem.

9 hours ago, Malcolm said:

turns out the Celtic fans didn’t manage to respect the silence, no big surprise there. I was at a match yesterday and it was immaculately observed.  

if we can’t remember our fallen then we should pack up all silences for anyone, anthems and the like and allow no flags or banners of any sort at a match. 

there is no respect left in society now, and it’s a shame - I dislike where we have ended up.  Personally I wouldn’t disrupt a minutes silence even if I has disregard for what was being remembered- just shows a complete lack of brain cells and respect. Same as booing an opponent anthem.

You start off saying the silence was immaculately observed at a match You went to and then say there's no respect I'm society.

Which is it?

If I am totally honest I'd stop armistice day because it doesnt mean the same now. Since the Blair days It's become basterdised and weoponised by right and left. The right seem to take some sort of fucking sick enjoyment out showing how much they remember. 

The very far right, well we saw what they think it means on Saturday,  it's for white brits only according to them. 

People used to observe it well without the massive need to paint lorries with poppys, slap massive poppies on lamp posts or the front of cars, put tommy soldier cut outs in their gardens or have massive displays at football matches. It's tacky as fuck.

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You start off saying the silence was immaculately observed at a match You went to and then say there's no respect I'm society.

Which is it?

If I am totally honest I'd stop armistice day because it doesnt mean the same now. Since the Blair days It's become basterdised and weoponised by right and left. The right seem to take some sort of fucking sick enjoyment out showing how much they remember. 

The very far right, well we saw what they think it means on Saturday,  it's for white brits only according to them. 

People used to observe it well without the massive need to paint lorries with poppys, slap massive poppies on lamp posts or the front of cars, put tommy soldier cut outs in their gardens or have massive displays at football matches. It's tacky as fuck.

Agreed. And I find it sad. The world wars resonate with me and I have studied them professionally and the individual stories and the losses remain powerful.

But I have no interest in the spectacle it is today. I can't even attend a memorial as the forced nature of it doesn't sit right with me. But that's fine, I can remember in my own way, without banging on about it to those who have no interest.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Which is it?

they are not mutually exclusive. Even Celtic fans used to not disrupt it but they do now.

I have no interest in soldie4 cut outs but armistace should remain.

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Which is it?

This 💯 it's embarrassing that it's like a fucking festival and who can do it better.

And all the mutants have to comment "respect" on every picture of anything remotely poppy orientated.

One of the churches here has a big poppy blanket draped over the stairs and crosses I'm the ground and shit. It's like a fucking Halloween or Xmas display. 

My papa who's served would be fucking sick to see this shite.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

If rangers had someone else up front they would’ve scored 3 or 4 today, Dessers is dog shit.

😂😂😂😂. Aye ,and if my aunty had balls she world be ma uncle !!!! GIRFUY sevco !!! 🖕🖕🖕😂😂😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

😂😂😂😂. Aye ,and if my aunty had balls she world be ma uncle !!!! GIRFUY sevco !!! 🖕🖕🖕😂😂😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

Ramy in these modern times there’s a fair chance your auntie might have balls 😜

• 1 month later...