The Mighty Celtic... - Page 288 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Mighty Celtic...

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

For a self-professed Raith Rovers fan, you seem to be unusually exercised about the misbehaviour of another club's fans.

Care to explain?

I am not a Raith Rovers fan.  I went to 4 games last season.  I also went to see Thornton Hibs with pals and had a great day as well as other junior clubs in Fife.  We have agreed to go to a couple of lower league teams a month and it was great.  Pies and Bovril at half time and a pint in the pub afterwards. I probably will go to more Rovers games with them next season.  I did get taken to Fir Park when young with my uncle.  When he died my cousin took me to Ibrox.  But I couldn't stand the bigotry.  Plus I played until 33 Junior so didn't go to any club games.  Still Motherwell and Rangers oriented but can't remember the last time I seen them live.  Might go to Fir Park next season for a wee trip down memory lane.  Also Firhill where I used to go for physio when my ligaments got done.  Hope that explains.  Your Honour 🍺

On 7/2/2023 at 5:22 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Will do big man. I'll be over next year again for certain. We head down the Brig for a few scoops ma man.. 🙂👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺

sounds good mate

On 6/30/2023 at 6:27 PM, Diamond Scot said:

Ahh didnt realise that. 

Really good free signing, totally bossed some old firm games last season.

If Jota goes then it leaves a couple of key positons needing filled.

Not convinced that Abada and Turnbull are the required level.

I think Abada is terrific. People forget he’s only 21 and yet his goals/ assists numbers are eye watering. He’s still a bit raw but I’d be keeping a hold of him for sure unless we get another offer that’s too good to turn down.

Turnbull is a funny one. I think he’s a smashing player but I just don’t think his languid style really suits Celtic. I’ve seen evidence of him trying to adapt but as yet he hasn’t really pulled it off. Maybe Rodgers will give him a new lease of life.

All the ‘in the know’ people are saying with some confidence that we will break our transfer record more than once this window so I’m pretty relaxed about replacing Jota & Mooy. We may even lose someone else but Carter Vickers would be the most difficult to replace imo.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I think Abada is terrific. People forget he’s only 21 and yet his goals/ assists numbers are eye watering. He’s still a bit raw but I’d be keeping a hold of him for sure unless we get another offer that’s too good to turn down.

Turnbull is a funny one. I think he’s a smashing player but I just don’t think his languid style really suits Celtic. I’ve seen evidence of him trying to adapt but as yet he hasn’t really pulled it off. Maybe Rodgers will give him a new lease of life.

All the ‘in the know’ people are saying with some confidence that we will break our transfer record more than once this window so I’m pretty relaxed about replacing Jota & Mooy. We may even lose someone else but Carter Vickers would be the most difficult to replace imo.

I agree regarding Abada. Cracking prospect but not one that you would say is going to play week in week out atm. Ie, I think he is probably 6 to 9 months away from being a direct replacement for Jota.

Turnbull im not sold on at all. Ive never seen him do anything even remotely special which is a shame as I had really high hopes for him. Got a few mates who are season ticket holders and one loves him but the others have pretty much given up on him.

Celtic have money to spend. The problem they have (if its a problem) is that nomatter how much money a club has, there is a limit to the level of player who will come to Scotland. Ie, if they want to spend 20 million on a player, he will want around 80k per week and also probably be at a level where he wants to play in a better league.

Agreed re Carter Vickers. Him and McGreggor are the 2 who would be hardest to replace. Kyogo signing new contract can only be a good thing.

4 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I agree regarding Abada. Cracking prospect but not one that you would say is going to play week in week out atm. Ie, I think he is probably 6 to 9 months away from being a direct replacement for Jota.

Turnbull im not sold on at all. Ive never seen him do anything even remotely special which is a shame as I had really high hopes for him. Got a few mates who are season ticket holders and one loves him but the others have pretty much given up on him.

Celtic have money to spend. The problem they have (if its a problem) is that nomatter how much money a club has, there is a limit to the level of player who will come to Scotland. Ie, if they want to spend 20 million on a player, he will want around 80k per week and also probably be at a level where he wants to play in a better league.

Agreed re Carter Vickers. Him and McGreggor are the 2 who would be hardest to replace. Kyogo signing new contract can only be a good thing.

It’s the evolution of the transfer policy. More aggressive, more risk, higher fees, higher wages, higher sell on and quicker.

it’s not revolutionary, Benfica have been doing it for some time. The trick is to get more right than wrong i.e. for every Edouard there will be an Ajeti 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Kyogo signs 4 year contract, very good news for us. Nice to see Brendan back at Lennoxtown. He looks happy. Cannae wait for the new season to start... In Brendan We Trust !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪👊👍🍺

Good work from the club m8. 👍

4 hours ago, slasher said:

It’s the evolution of the transfer policy. More aggressive, more risk, higher fees, higher wages, higher sell on and quicker.

it’s not revolutionary, Benfica have been doing it for some time. The trick is to get more right than wrong i.e. for every Edouard there will be an Ajeti 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dont disagree with the policy, im just sceptical about any teams ability to attract 20 million pound players to Scotland. Portugal is an easier sell for a variety of reasons.

Maybe several 10 million pound players is more likely.

12 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Ange under pressure Ramy 😉

Tottenham 0 West Ham 2 (29 mins) Club Tournament in Australia ⚒️

He’ll be back at parkheid in 6 months after he gets pump and Rodgers replaces him at Spurs 🪱🪱🪱

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, slasher said:

£72m cash at the bank according to the latest accounts.

Complete and utter cunts who run Celtic lack even a shred of ambition!

Very impressive financial results but will only serve to fuel the portion of support who think more should be spent on the squad.

I must say, im surprised Celtic didnt spend more in this window. Mainly because I didnt think Rodgers would return and potentially be given worse squad than Ange had last year. 

Rodgers will largely be judged in Europe, many said that was his motivation for returning and yet on the face of it this squad would seem ill equiped to give him a fighting chance. 

Would be interesting to know if they expected and went big on targets and just didnt get them.