Scottish player transfers - Page 122 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish player transfers

SkyBlueScot

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Did he? Was that in the second division maybe? So it’s possibly no top flight goals. 

It was top league but pretty soon after he got there I think. He then became a bit part player before his move to Reims.

Never really understood the move although not quite as surreal as Jack Harpers to Getafe.

Anyway he isn't that much over 21 so it could be the start of something I guess. Celtic bench next season perhaps?

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Thing is Tuchel may have a point - he could do with bulking up so if he does that to him then it may be of benefit to us too.

Ive never seen Gilmour outmuscled when playing. He also wins headers against players he had zero right in winning.

He has improved his strength alot whilst doing rehab. If this was a Scottish manager saying it they would get destroyed. Theres also no way he would be saying it if Gilmour was skinny but 6ft.

If theres 1 area where Gilmour could improve imo is his urgency to get back goal side on the counter attack. He seems to go at 70% pace most of the time, trusting his defenders to do their jobs but ultimately not giving them cover. Something I think McTom is also guilty of.

53 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive never seen Gilmour outmuscled when playing. He also wins headers against players he had zero right in winning.

He has improved his strength alot whilst doing rehab. If this was a Scottish manager saying it they would get destroyed. Theres also no way he would be saying it if Gilmour was skinny but 6ft.

If theres 1 area where Gilmour could improve imo is his urgency to get back goal side on the counter attack. He seems to go at 70% pace most of the time, trusting his defenders to do their jobs but ultimately not giving them cover. Something I think McTom is also guilty of.

Agreed.

And how quick has Tuchel made that assessment without even seeing him play? It smacks of a lame excuse because he isn't in his plans. Simple as.

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hibs have scored somewhat of an own goal then. They reportedly could have got £3 million for him from Birmingham City but turned it down. Birmingham have now signed another striker and Hibs are left with an unhappy player who has an axe to grind seemingly. That can only end badly for both parties.

They can repair the situation by promising him a move in the summer and maybe a wage increase in the meantime. He will have plenty offers in the summer.

Saying that I can see him being pissed off as Birmingham will have offered him big wages in comparison to what hibs pay him. 

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

They can repair the situation by promising him a move in the summer and maybe a wage increase in the meantime. He will have plenty offers in the summer.

Saying that I can see him being pissed off as Birmingham will have offered him big wages in comparison to what hibs pay him. 

Yes its retrievable if concessions are made but will that prevent Nisbet still being peeved/pissed off which often impacts on form.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes its retrievable if concessions are made but will that prevent Nisbet still being peeved/pissed off which often impacts on form.

I think the incentive to score goals and get a move in the summer will motivate him to knuckle down for a few more months which should see him get the move he wants. Also a place in the Scotland squad will motivate him to keep playing and scoring as well.