Russia 2018 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24 minutes ago, Mox said:

Yeah, their defence is honking. I'm looking forward to them getting knocked out tbf, will enjoy it more than.previous years.

'Honking'? That's going a bit far is it not? They haven't conceded many goals in the qualifying or friendlies. Their 3 centre backs would do Scotland nicely.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Fuck me, what’s gon oan here like? Even the TA wouldn’t celebrate a goal at 6-0 doon... or would we(they)

If our first ever World Cup goal came in 2018 we'd have deaths from alcohol poisoning.

17 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

So if England and Belgium draw the group will be decided on yellow card count :blink:

Fairer than by FIFA ranking (even though Belgium would get it), which is how it goes according to the daft spreadsheet I downloaded.

35 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

So if England and Belgium draw the group will be decided on yellow card count :blink:

Or maybe even go to drawing lots? I've never seen them drawing lots. Do all the players get a crayon each and they have to draw pictures as fast as fuck?:wacko:

3 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Their defence will let them down sooner or later 

they will have hibsed it after getting all confident

I agree.

If I were English I'd be calling for caution. They beat Tunisia with a last minute goal and a thrashing of a dire Panama side. I'd point to them having conceded two goals against amongst the weakest teams in the tournament so how will the defence hold up against the big guns? Do feel Southgate has done a far better job playing down expectations and keeping things low-profile.

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Poland are absolutely honking. Can't believe I predicted they'd win this group.

Yeah, astonishing how bad they've been. Lots of good players as well but they have created nothing

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sorry. I thought it was named after the famous detective.

😁 great pass there to make it 3 Alicante next week when there will be crazy if Colombia draw get England in the next round massive Colombian community there old town here we come viva Colombia 🇨🇴 

5 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Alicante next week when there will be crazy if Colombia draw get England in the next round massive Colombian community there old town here we come viva Colombia 🇨🇴 

I think they're all in Russia!