Russia 2018 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Obviously time will tell but imo it cannot be stated enough how shite England's group is with the exception of Belgium

Panama and Tunisia are at best poor and at worst rank rotten

Thar be money to be made in England's first two games betting Kane and Vardy along with England winning to Nil by as many as you like

57 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Another World Cup thread in non TA football :( 

Anyway might as well get the ball rolling. This England squad is either inspired or insane. Time will tell...

IMG_0585.thumb.jpg.43d3e69c42162b76a83cb

Thought it was cringeworthy on Talkshite the other day as it was pretty much common knowledge that Joe Hart was not in the squad and Alan Brazil had every man and his dug coming on his showing saying Hart had to go, tournament experience vital, great player in dressing room, etc. Joe Hart has been pish for years and only Southgate seems to have noticed this.

Really looking forward to the tournament. 

Been backing Brazil to win it for about 12 months now, so got a fair whack on them. Neymar injury a negative but he should hopefully be back, rested and raring to go. 

I like the look of France this time round.  Brazil do look good but then I tend to think they're going to win it going in to every tournament and look how that turned out last time round!  Like you  Parkie I tend to start having bets on them a good few months out but after their spectacular collapse 4 years ago I haven't bothered this time round.  Enjoy spending your winnings! :lol:

England would fancy their chances against all the teams in Group H in the last 16 too. Brazil or Germany are the likely QF teams they'd come up against. 

I still fancy France and Belgium but I'd like Argentina to win it with Messi. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As maybe then UEFA will start to give countries that are deserving of a WC the Tournament instead of giving it to whoever gives them the biggest backhanders.

Same goes for Qatar in 4 years time.

I think it's a fairly safe bet that Qatar in 4 years time will be an utter shambles.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As maybe then UEFA will start to give countries that are deserving of a WC the Tournament instead of giving it to whoever gives them the biggest backhanders.

Same goes for Qatar in 4 years time.

Why don't Russia "deserve" a WC? 

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Racism, Homophobia, Corruption, Back handers.....anything else?

Just asking, no need to be so defensive. 

You must be raging about USA getting the next one too, I assume. 

Same old political guff comes out in the lead up to EVERY World Cup - from my first proper WC in ‘86 where the earthquake had hit Mexico just months before and the government doing up stadiums before collapsed houses to the last one Brazil where it was the favelas getting overlooked and money poured into tourists arriving for the WC and Olympics. 

I just cannae believe we’ve no heard the usual other guff......

- the ball is too light. 

- the stadiums will no be ready. 

- the refs will be too strict. 

- the hooligans will be out in force. 

- the touts will control the tickets. 

Cannae wait for it!! 🇷🇺✊🏼

20 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Another World Cup thread in non TA football :( 

Anyway might as well get the ball rolling. This England squad is either inspired or insane. Time will tell...

IMG_0585.thumb.jpg.43d3e69c42162b76a83cb

genuinely never heard of loftus cheek before, and Alexander-Arnold a week bit