Question Time Tonight - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

Hats of to Yasmin she is praising wee nic and asking why shouldn't SNP have the seats in Westminster. Grove just coming across as a typical tory establishment elitist. Bumham twisting the SNP stance as usual

I'm actually quietly impressed by Peter Hitchens. For a Daily Mail (albeit the Sunday version) columnist, he doesn't come across as a spitting, hissing anti-Jock.

He just made a passionate defence of 'independence' for self respecting countries!

I'm actually quietly impressed by Peter Hitchens. For a Daily Mail (albeit the Sunday version) columnist, he doesn't come across as a spitting, hissing anti-Jock.

Ironic that he just praised independence as a good thing for the colonies.

I doubt very much that quote is Verbatim...

The SNP used to be the Tartan Tories, now they are leaning left, nationalism will dress its self up as whatever they can to win, nationalism is dangerous and they cant be trusted.

Dangerous, disingenuous and contemptuous from a self interested Labourite, these people will lie through their teeth.

Forgotten now scunnered but I'll watch it again on iPlayer to remind myself. Would recommend watching it as it has been a cracker tonight

Edit just to say kumnio got it right my brain is starting to stall now lol

Edited by hunchy

I doubt very much that quote is Verbatim...

In the context of where SNP lay on the political spectrum, he said something like nationalism dresses itself up in different guises to get what it wants

Edit: more precisely, what kumnio said

Edited by exile

The SNP used to be the Tartan Tories, now they are leaning left, nationalism will dress its self up as whatever they can to win, nationalism is dangerous and they cant be trusted.

Dangerous, disingenuous and contemptuous from a self interested Labourite, these people will lie through their teeth.

So, just one step away from what I guessed at then. Quite pleased with that. :D