Scottish teams in Europe - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

I pretty much agree with his views on the British Army and i'm not from the west of Scotland. 

One of my biggest reasons for voting Yes was to live in a country that made ethical and compassionate foreign policy decisions, rather than one that can't wait to start slaughtering brown people or who's biggest weapons export market is Saudi Arabia. 

Me too.  I'm an atheist from Fife and the British Army (and all armies really) can sook ma boaby.  Nothing but a bunch of hired killers, as Bill Hicks would tell us. 

And I say that having had several whiskies this evening.  

17 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Me too.  I'm an atheist from Fife and the British Army (and all armies really) can sook ma boaby.  Nothing but a bunch of hired killers, as Bill Hicks would tell us. 

And I say that having had several whiskies this evening.  

:ok: I hate the cockwomble excuse from sojers that they give about "not having a choice where they are sent". 

Listen ya tossers, ye ken whit ye sign up for. Mass legal murder. 

Edited by Ormond

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

:ok: I hate the cockwomble excuse from sojers that they give about "not having a choice where they are sent". 

Listen ya tossers, ye ken whit ye sign up for. Mass legal murder. 

Exactly.  They'll go and kill who they're told to kill to expedite British foreign policy. If that isn't the greatest abdication of personal ethics and morality then I don't know what is. 

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Exactly.  They'll go and kill who they're told to kill to expedite British foreign policy. If that isn't the greatest abdication of personal ethics and morality then I don't know what is. 

Always thought exactly that myself... Not a popular opinion here in America where you're supposed to treat anyone in uniform like the second coming.

8 hours ago, adamntg said:

Yep.

Not as if they are conscripts.

11 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

There has been "trouble" - overcrowding, pyro etc.

There has also been sectarianism - on Wednesday past most recently

How many times have you been to Celtic park as i have never seen any "trouble"  in the GB section.

Maybe you should look at your Man City fans who verbally, racially and physically assaulted my son and myself at the EC game last December. We were sitting having a chat with some Manc's around us no problems,  and then along came the Oasis look a likes who started to pick and assault  an older guy and his daughter because she had a green scarf sticking out of her bag .  When asked to calm down they turned there aggression on myself and my wee boy  !!!!!

Unfortunately it turned violent,  punches were thrown and blood was spilled, the stewards  finally became involved and asked us to leave the section .

There definitely was sectarianism at the game on Wednesday but GlasgowManCity is clearly getting his sections mixed up. There was even a "Linfield" fan convicted of singing a sectarian Rangers song.

As for the "trouble" of overcrowding and pyro, I'm sure he knows that's not actual trouble at all hence why he also put the word in quotation marks. Especially the former, as it's just not true. Overcrowding hasn't been an issue with the exception of one or two games, and if we're shutting down parts of grounds for that then every club in the league would be in trouble.

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

How many times have you been to Celtic park as i have never seen any "trouble"  in the GB section.

Maybe you should look at your Man City fans who verbally, racially and physically assaulted my son and myself at the EC game last December. We were sitting having a chat with some Manc's around us no problems,  and then along came the Oasis look a likes who started to pick and assault  an older guy and his daughter because she had a green scarf sticking out of her bag .  When asked to calm down they turned there aggression on myself and my wee boy  !!!!!

Unfortunately it turned violent,  punches were thrown and blood was spilled, the stewards  finally became involved and asked us to leave the section .

Taking your young kid into the home section at an away game and then getting involved in a fight., you must be proud of yourself, that's the way to set a good example. 

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Taking your young kid into the home section at an away game and then getting involved in a fight., you must be proud of yourself, that's the way to set a good example. 

Read what he said again you fanny.

He came to the aid of an older guy and his daughter and defended himself when they turned on him instead.

I'd rather have a Dad like that than someone who sits there and does feck all to help people in trouble, which it appears is exactly what you would have done. 

22 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Read what he said again you fanny.

He came to the aid of an older guy and his daughter and defended himself when they turned on him instead.

I'd rather have a Dad like that than someone who sits there and does feck all to help people in trouble, which it appears is exactly what you would have done. 

Maybe he shouldn't have been in there in the first place.  From what I recall about that game Man City went to some lengths to ensure that no tickets for home sections went to Celtic fans.  Obviously they couldn't stop everyone but it should have been obvious that they wouldn't have been welcome but then clearly there are people who know better.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Maybe he shouldn't have been in there in the first place.  From what I recall about that game Man City went to some lengths to ensure that no tickets for home sections went to Celtic fans.  Obviously they couldn't stop everyone but it should have been obvious that they wouldn't have been welcome but then clearly there are people who know better.

Do you same about Scotland fans going in the home end?

There's nothing in his post suggesting he was singing songs or wearing colours so why shouldn't he have been entitled to watch a game of football with his son without being attacked?

18 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Do you same about Scotland fans going in the home end?

To an extent I do.  There's an attitude that borders on arrogance that everyone loves the famous tartan army and so we can go in the home end regardless.  9 times out of 10 that works fine and the reason it does isn't the Tartan Army are so wonderful, it's because the hosts are decent people.

There's a world of a difference though between an adult making a decision and being prepared to accept any consequences and taking a kid into a situation where it's extremely likely to kick off.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Nothing was said about my "wee boy"  being a young kid !   -   he is 20 years old and stands over 6ft tall and can look after himself.

I am sure the 2 Man City fans would testify to that !!!!!

1 hour ago, aaid said:

The tickets were given to me by a mate who is a Man City fan , No colours were worn, no singing and no jumping up in the air even when Roberts scored .

Basically the two guys thought it was easy pickings having a go at an old guy and his daughter who were also there just to watch a game of football , but found it slightly different when they were confronted , they did'nt like it and started to give a lot of verbal abuse , the final straw was when they spat at us.  Now I do not know about you Mr Aaid but that was a  step to far in my rules and thus one ended up on the floor and the other with a bloody nose.

We were asked to leave by the stewards  and that was the end of the matter.

24 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Nothing was said about my "wee boy"  being a young kid !   -   he is 20 years old and stands over 6ft tall and can look after himself.

I am sure the 2 Man City fans would testify to that !!!!!

Fair enough, but your original post definitely made it sound like you had a kid with you and that was my main point. 

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Fair enough, but your original post definitely made it sound like you had a kid with you and that was my main point. 

He is still my  "wee boy" , although he looks down on me these days  but i understand your thinking  

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

There definitely was sectarianism at the game on Wednesday but GlasgowManCity is clearly getting his sections mixed up. There was even a "Linfield" fan convicted of singing a sectarian Rangers song.

As for the "trouble" of overcrowding and pyro, I'm sure he knows that's not actual trouble at all hence why he also put the word in quotation marks. Especially the former, as it's just not true. Overcrowding hasn't been an issue with the exception of one or two games, and if we're shutting down parts of grounds for that then every club in the league would be in trouble.

St Johnstone would be just fine.......

21 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

and have a look at the managers who have won cups in the last few years in scottish football....nothing to write home about winning a cup and the league cup at that 

OK... If your really believe what you are saying, then lets bet.

(Or maybe you don't believe what you are saying?)