National Embarrassments - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Embarrassments

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

And as I've said before a number of times, the price of football just now and personal circumstances mean I'd rather put my money in the bank just now. 

Which is understandable but then you are slagging others for doing the same. You really can't see the problem with that logic? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Find a post where I said exactly that and then I'll get back to you. There's a good chap.

So you've never called anyone a glory hunter for not going to Scotland games? I'll let you confirm if this is the case,or not, before I go digging.

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I see you never denied the other things i said about her though eh? She's an paranoid, bitter, little woman.

That better?

PS - Never had a problem getting my nat king thankfully.  :lol:

You're just not allowed to criticise anyone in the celtic family.

Speaking of horrendous accent shifts, Sheena Easton.

I did a summer exchange program as a student in the USA and met a lassie in a hostel towards the end of the trip who had been doing the same and amazingly for me she had developed a thick transatlantic accent. I asked her about it and she replied (in a heavy yank drawl) that 'well she had been there over two months'. Fhucking nutcase IMO. ;)

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

My aunt was spat at after the same game and called an Orange right in front of me. I;m sure many were as Celtic fans threw the toys out the pram big time that day. The abuse after the game was of hunlike proportions from the Celtic support. 

She can sing whatever songs she likes, her argument that singing songs about terrorists who killed innocent children doesn't hold up though. There's plenty of songs that celebrate ireland without having to singing about IRA terrorists from the 1970s. 

She's a paranoid, bitter woman.

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I did a summer exchange program as a student in the USA and met a lassie in a hostel towards the end of the trip who had been doing the same and amazingly for me she had developed a thick transatlantic accent. I asked her about it and she replied (in a heavy yank drawl) that 'well she had been there over two months'. Fhucking nutcase IMO. ;)

I have a very strong Scottish twang. All my mates in Scotland say so, not me. Then I'm constantly told by Yanks that, "Oh my Gaaaawd, you still have that aaaaaaccent after being here soooo laaaaawng!" 

I've only been here 3.5 years... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, phart said:

Some folk take the pish with the accent swings though. My uncle whenever he speaks to his brother in law, who is Portuguese, he starts imitating their accent and it's funny as anything, especially with a drink in him.

Sounds like Joey Barton in France. :lol:

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

They're a celebration of Irish Republican history, which many Celtic fans support/sympathise with.

Surprised this didn't get any attention.    

It's not OK to be a terrorist sympathiser at a football match.   Be a fan at the game and a fandan in yer own house. 

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Any Scottish sportspeople past or present who would be considered a "national embarrassment" ?

Bawbag Barry MBE has to be top of the that list.

The Hastings Brothers.

Derek Riordan and Garry O'Connor also worth mentioning as amongst our sporting national embarrassments.

Sad to remember but there was once a time when these two were young lads with bags of talent and seemingly had the world at their feet.

They threw it all away because they didn't want to abandon their pathetic ned lifestyles. What's worse is that neither of them seem at all bothered about it

Edited by ErsatzThistle

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

Oddly enough she was on the One Show last night! I was in the kitchen and wondered who the godawful voice emanating from the tv in the lounge belonged to.

6 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

you have a lounge toepoke? 

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

:wave:

I didn't think TVs were invented when folk still had lounges. I'm not sure what a lounge is, but I've heard folk talking about them in those Victorian TV dramas.

8 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

you have a lounge toepoke? 

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

:wave:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I didn't think TVs were invented when folk still had lounges. I'm not sure what a lounge is, but I've heard folk talking about them in those Victorian TV dramas.

Do you guys never go on Rightmove? ;) 

1 hour ago, Robbo `81 said:

So, after 3 pages, to summarise.....

Any famous person who voted "No", or advocated voting "No" is a National Embarassment , right ?........

They definitely embarrass me anyway.