Team for Saturday - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Saturday

Bino's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GK.  Marshall

RB. Patterson 

CB. Martin

CB. Hanley 

LB. Robertson /

CM. Fletcher 

CM. McArthur

RM. Forrest

AM. Snodgrass

LM. Ritchie

CM. Fletcher

Tierney is too inexperienced at this level, 2 nil up and no threat from them then I would bring him on later if Robertson tires.  Burke is my impact sub and I would give him 30 mins unless Forrest is playing a blinder, I would look to preserve his pace for Tuesday and I would look to give Griffiths atleast 25 mins and say show me you want to start on Tuesday unless in training he hasn't been looking sharp. 

Genuinely think the only contentious spot up for grabs is between Forrest and Burke. Snodgrsss is a shoe in, as is Ritchie for his deliveries, S Fletcher will get the nod for his recent club form, D Fletch is nailed on, Bannan will shade MacArthur as he done well in the last game, defence will pick itself probably with Robertson going left back, Paterson right back with Martin and erm, in fact not sure.

28 minutes ago, robertrcorr said:

----------------Marshall

Paterson Martin Berra Tierney
----------D. Fletcher Bannan
 -----Burke Snodgrass Ritchie
----------------Griffiths

I'd maybe swap Robertson for Tierney, but happy for either to start.
Fletcher is maybe in with a shout ahead of Griffith given his recent form and Giffiths featuring less of late.
I'd like to see Morrison in midfield beside Bannan, but I don't seem WGS leaving Darren Fletcher out.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I think Paterson will cope just fine. Better than Lithuania's right-back anyway, who is a 35 year old former Hearts right winger... 

Who would you suggest playing directly up against him ?

Ritchie or Burke ?

2 hours ago, jock strap said:

Who would you suggest playing directly up against him ?

Ritchie or Burke ?

Not Ritchie. I don't particularly rate him. (He'lol score a hat trick now... :lol: ) 

------------------Marshall

Paterson Martin Berra Robertson/Tierney
----------D. Fletcher Bannan
 -----Burke Snodgrass Ritchie
--------------S. Fletcher

Really tough to leave McArthur out but Bannan deserves to keep his place based on his last performance. I know most don't rate him but I think he really brings something to our midfield that is missing when he is not there, rarely ever loses possession, good range of passing, brings much more creativity than the other options we have for DM. Great options on the bench for the 3 AM positions (Maloney, Forrest, Naismith, Anya). Great competition at LB making it a difficult choice. Was not that impressed with Robertson last game, so I would be happy to see Tierney or even Wallace slot in at LB. Naismith up front provides good cover for Fletcher. I am not so sure Griffiths can do what he does in the SPL at International level. Happy for him to prove me wrong though. Would probably do a job against Lithuania at home but I would not be starting him against Slovakia or England. Don't really rate Martin.

Just now, fringo said:

Martin up front ?!

I think given service, he'll score goals. I would personally prefer to see Fletcher up top, as I feel he offers more to the team, but I think that stability at this stage would be a good thing. If Martin has a poor game today, then I think Fletcher should start against Slovakia - but I don't think Martin has done too badly so far.

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I think given service, he'll score goals. I would personally prefer to see Fletcher up top, as I feel he offers more to the team, but I think that stability at this stage would be a good thing. If Martin has a poor game today, then I think Fletcher should start against Slovakia - but I don't think Martin has done too badly so far.

I just think he's very average.

If Griffiths is fit enough he should start. If he's not, then it should be Fletcher IMO.

8 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

That would be good news, IMO. We played very well in Malta, and I don't see the need to change it.

Would prefer to see Snodgrass through the middle and Burke on the rights and Martin should be the bottom of the pecking order for our strikers behind Fletcher, Naismith, Griffiths and possibly even McCormack and Rhodes.