Match Thread - Costa Rica - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Costa Rica

Clyde1998

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Utterly horrendous tonight. In recent campaigns I’ve always thought we were a decent team who just weren’t good enough to qualify. Most games I’ve thought we’ve played some decent stuff. 

Tonight has been awful. Like watching Berti’s friendlies. 

It's the first friendly in a new era, it was never going to be pretty or exciting

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's the first friendly in a new era, it was never going to be pretty or exciting

That’s a kop out Vanderark. We’ve been feckin horrendous tonight. I see absolutely nothing to get excited about and I’m normally a genuine rosy cheeked optimist.

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ferguson summed up his mentality to sort things, bring on a celtic and rangers player. 

Did he say that or just name a player from each?

Wouldnt surprise me if he said the former though as these Glasgow cunts think football doesn’t exist beyond the showcase cinema

1 minute ago, Marky said:

That’s a kop out Vanderark. We’ve been feckin horrendous tonight. I see absolutely nothing to get excited about and I’m normally a genuine rosy cheeked optimist.

It's no kop out, this is exactly what I expected tonight. A slow pedestrian paced match with a brand new team.

Your being a little bit dramatic using words like horrendous, it's not great I will admit that but saying it's an experimental side is not a kop out. We all scream and shout for new blood to be given the chance, these games are the time to do it.

It will take time to bring back the passion and excitement, it was never going to happen within one friendly match

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Did he say that or just name a player from each?

Wouldnt surprise me if he said the former though as these Glasgow cunts think football doesn’t exist beyond the showcase cinema

Named Forrest and Murphy

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's no kop out, this is exactly what I expected tonight. A slow pedestrian paced match with a brand new team.

Your being a little bit dramatic using words like horrendous, it's not great I will admit that but saying it's an experimental side is not a kop out. We all scream and shout for new blood to be given the chance, these games are the time to do it.

It will take time to bring back the passion and excitement, it was never going to happen within one friendly match

Totally agree with you.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Agree with this but your being way too harsh and judgmental  on this team tonight.

No im not, theyve been directed, half them look uninterested

15 minutes ago, jamboman said:

why is ritchie still on?

He shouldn't even be in the squad

14 minutes ago, Marky said:

Utterly horrendous tonight. In recent campaigns I’ve always thought we were a decent team who just weren’t good enough to qualify. Most games I’ve thought we’ve played some decent stuff. 

Tonight has been awful. Like watching Berti’s friendlies. 

It's been dire

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'd get McGinn on too.

Should be starting every game

2 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Not to worry, Philips is on now guys^_^

He also shouldn't be in the squad

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ok mate. Each to their own opinion. But if tonight is an experiment then it’s a horrendously failed one. It’s the worst Scotland performance since the Berti years and no mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

No im not, theyve been directed, half them look uninterested

He shouldn't even be in the squad

It's been dire

Should be starting every game

He also shouldn't be in the squad

When was the last friendly where the whole team looked interested?

Just now, Marky said:

Ok mate. Each to their own opinion. But if tonight is an experiment then it’s a horrendously failed one. It’s the worst Scotland performance since the Berti years and no mistake. 

If we all had the same opinion it would be a dull affair.

I would use words like horrendous to describe it.