This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 78 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Motherwell are in big trouble the now :(

Don't think I've ever looked forward to a winter break just to have a break from losing. Some come down from a cup final against Celtic a month ago. 

Mind you don't see the point in the break when we have six games in 18 days when we get back.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Some of the dross we served up today can be explained away.......too many games, too much chopping and changing in key areas. But some cannot, i.e Lustig. Absolutely rank and has been for years. The next Celtic fan who goes on about what a card he is or he 'gets us' I'm going to remind them of how shite he was today and not for the first time. Two years ago he managed to make Barrie McKay look like Ronaldhino.

The only positives today were the fact we didn't lose and the performance of Ajer.

PS well done to Rangers, unlucky not to win it

Cheers. Though the only way we would get anything today was to break things up - considering we had 6/7 first team players out. Make shift defense held up well overall, i though.

Had you put one of those 3 chances away between 20-30 minutes, I expect it would have been a different game.

Still happy overall.

13 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Congratultions to The Glorious for a record breaking 6 th clean sheet

Lafferty should appeal sending off it was only the powder puff Dons team surrounding the ref bleating that got him sent off - Beaton is a clown 

Stonewall red. Shocking challenge. Hearts were utterly brutal today. How they got a point out of that is a mystery. Well, it's not, we've got Rooney up front.

Beaton was Hearts best player. 

In the context of the injuries we have a point is excellent for Hearts. The break comes at the right time, a couple of weeks to get players fit. Move on the deadwood in the squad, and hopefully bring in 3 or 4 players who offer a bit more, and give it better balance. Still addressing the damage Cathro caused. The young players have been excellent, but Berra is the real stand out.

On 27/12/2017 at 11:21 PM, dandydunn said:

Last game of the year on Saturday, not really looking forward to seeing Christie being kicked black and blue, but hey ho, that’s what generally happens when hearts are in town. 

I would like to highlight an error in my post. 

It just wasn’t Christie kicked all over the park. 

The hammerthrowers parked the bus early doors and we simply weren’t good enough to break through. 

6 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

In the context of the injuries we have a point is excellent for Hearts. The break comes at the right time, a couple of weeks to get players fit. Move on the deadwood in the squad, and hopefully bring in 3 or 4 players who offer a bit more, and give it better balance. Still addressing the damage Cathro caused. The young players have been excellent, but Berra is the real stand out.

Berra has to be the best signing in the league, this far.

11 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I think the reaction to the fact that no action could be taken against those fans signing about Lee Rigby not being able to drum anymore, put that one to bed. 

It’s not a tit for tat question.

The fact people weren’t prosecuted is beyond me as is the fact that none of your lot will be asked to answer questions about any of the lengthy song book that again appeared today. A song book that those fans are proud to belt out. Singing about a wee ten year old dying is beyond disgusting.

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The fact people weren’t prosecuted is beyond me as is the fact that none of your lot will be asked to answer questions about any of the lengthy song book that again appeared today. A song book that those fans are proud to belt out. Singing about a wee ten year old dying is beyond disgusting.

Ignoring "sides" in this, some of the songs people sing at games utterly baffles and disgusts me. 

If it's done just to potentially upset the "opposition" tells me that the cretins singing them are beyond help. They're the gene pool scum that really needs locked up. 

26 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Not sure what song this is?

But anyway, if I was being tit for tat I would have brought up those two boys who were bottled by Celtic fans in the last couple of years. Not one prosecution, despite the number of witnesses, including half a Celtic supporters bus on the second one.

Most folk understand there is a large number of c*nts on both sides. You're either naive, or in denial, if you dont see it

Edited by Stu101

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Not sure what song this is?

But anyway, if I was being tit for tat I would have brought up those two boys who were bottled by Celtic fans in the last couple of years. Not one prosecution, despite the number of witnesses, including half a Celtic supporters bus on the second one.

Most folk understand there is a large number of c*nts on both sides. You're either naive, or in denial, if you dont see it

You have brought it up you tit for tat cunt. 

This isn’t about one side or the other it’s about the fact the act is an utter waste of space. Your “I don’t know which song” claim tells the sorry story.

Do the lot of them, any cunt that sings disgraceful songs or batters shit out of fans instead of sweeping the shit under the carpet. 

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Who was the 10 year old who died? If there were songs about that these bastards need banned from fitba’ for life.

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

You have brought it up you tit for tat cunt. 

This isn’t about one side or the other it’s about the fact the act is an utter waste of space. Your “I don’t know which song” claim tells the sorry story.

Do the lot of them, any cunt that sings disgraceful songs or batters shit out of fans instead of sweeping the shit under the carpet. 

Sorry. I genuinely don't know what this song is?

Edited by Stu101

By the way, meant to say in my earlier posts, special mention to the Utd support last night. 1200 on a dodgy weather Friday night between Xmas and New Year, when the game is on telly is simply outstanding. 

In fact the crowd of 6214 was pretty good all round. 

50 minutes ago, Marky said:

By the way, meant to say in my earlier posts, special mention to the Utd support last night. 1200 on a dodgy weather Friday night between Xmas and New Year, when the game is on telly is simply outstanding. 

In fact the crowd of 6214 was pretty good all round. 

Should be a fair few heading down to Greenock on Tuesday?

36 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hibs were their usual shite selfs today

Paul Hanlon might be lucky not to get pulled up by the SFA depending on whether they look at the fact he was booked at the time or not

We are battering teams at Easter Road but unable to score goals, Stokes has been really poor, big Davy needs to be offloaded and we need to bring in a penalty box striker asap.

Disappointed in Kilmarnock today, given their results, expected a much better team.  Jamie MacDonald was wasting time from the 10th minute. 

56 minutes ago, giblet said:

We are battering teams at Easter Road but unable to score goals, Stokes has been really poor, big Davy needs to be offloaded and we need to bring in a penalty box striker asap.

Disappointed in Kilmarnock today, given their results, expected a much better team.  Jamie MacDonald was wasting time from the 10th minute. 

We're shite you could say it's unlucky etc if it's a one of but it's week after week it's the same charade. Not good enough