This Weekends Games - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Do you think Rangers were good today? Seriously? You were second best for 60 minutes. 

Now that is comedy.  At its very best.  Lambs to the slaughter which I told you so this morning.  1991 and all that.  Baa bye.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Do you think Rangers were good today? Seriously? You were second best for 60 minutes. 

Absolute mince. 

Aberdeen were hardly in the game at all apart from that stinking header from the tall blonde lad. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Normally you're not full of shite so will forgive you this time. We played well, yes. Appreciate you find it hard to accept, getting ripped a new one is hard to take. 

55 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Not at all.  60 minutes the best??  You must be including the half  time, the time it took you to buy two blue burgers and a proddie pakora.  Then the 15minutes you left before full time!

Thanks for showing your true colours. :ok: 

32 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Absolute mince. 

Aberdeen were hardly in the game at all apart from that stinking header from the tall blonde lad. 

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Normally you're not full of shite so will forgive you this time. We played well, yes. Appreciate you find it hard to accept, getting ripped a new one is hard to take. 

Surprised at that lads. I thought Rangers were very poor until the goal. Miles better after it right enough. 

Aberdeen will be much better after they have built that new Stewart Milne stadium in the middle of nowhere. This is clearly the missing ingredient in the formula to success and not in any way a big distraction and way for the insipid chairman to milk what remains of the clubs economic value into his pocket while turning it into a Potemkin village of a club.

edit: given his relative wealth in Scotland versus previous Aberdeen owners his trophy tally must be pitiful beyond belief. He is a miser. After all this is big idea is to raid the balance sheet of its biggest asset by far. Who profits?

Edited by thplinth

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Surprised at that lads. I thought Rangers were very poor until the goal. Miles better after it right enough. 

I would agree that we were poor until the goal, but I can't agree that you boys were any better mate.  Personally thought, you started very brightly, then we had a ten minute spell of pressure without doing much with it. After that there was very little in it, both in terms of balance of play and quality. In that time both teams have had a great chance to score, one of which was a cracking save from Foderingham. That one after half time, how the feck has your lad missed the target from there?  

The goal and (for once) our substitutions made a massive difference. Absolute wonder save from your 'keeper at 2-0 btw. 

Garner easily motm for me. Must be a complete pain in the arse to play against. 

Guest BlueGaz
17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

In all honesty I thought the first half was 50/50, we maybe just pipped it. You came out firing second half for about five mins and then we were all over you bar a couple of breaks towards the end. 

If you watched what I watch every week you would have been chuffed today with the fight and performance. 

Also good to see Aberdeen come to ibrox wanting three points. First team so far this year. 

Garner mom for me and your keeper, klinsman, phanny of the match. 

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'll speak for last weekend, which is the most recent game I saw.

Your team were the second best on the park throughout, and only an inspired strike by Dodoo got you back into Firhill far less the game. To be fair, however shite you were, your team showed the mentality of winners by keeping on believing and scoring with the last kick.

So fair play, your team did it - scoring goals is the objective of the game after all.

But is this the Rangers squad that you honestly think will challenge the other ugly sister anytime soon?

Still waiting for a response Fermer.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I have shown my true colours on here kid.  Always blue. Rangers and Scotland.  What else do you need?

Was some game at fir park!

Was a shame Motherwell couldn't hold out for a few minutes after the 3rd goal.

Bit of a sickener to take nothing from the game after a pretty good performance, also frustrating that again we have showed how well we can play.

Was glad Michael Lustig recovered from what looked a potential career ending piece of mud on his sock. At least his trick worked the 2nd time, 1st time we played on and scored.

:lol:

Scott Brown truly is a ##### of the highest order when on the opposing team.

For all the nice football and goal threat they have, Celtic aren't scared to kick, scratch, bite or cheat their way to victory either.

Fair play to them coning back, Celtic teams of recent years would have folded.

2 hours ago, Fermer said:

I have shown my true colours on here kid.  Always blue. Rangers and Scotland.  What else do you need?

The avoidance of comments like "proddie pakora". Feck knows what that's even meant to mean. Arse. 

The first half was even with both teams cancelling each other out. Aberdeen didn't impose themselves on the game which really surprised me. Foderingham made a crucial save to keep us level. Never would have fancied our chances if we had gone behind. Our defence were superb throughout the game.But for the first 10 minutes of the second half I though be were dominant and kept Aberedeen in their own half for long periods. Great substitutions fron Warburton.

It was fairly obvious that the first goal was always going to win this game. Aberdeen blew a glorious chance just before Miller scored, and that was that. 

Both teams give far too much space to opponents for fans of either side to rest easy. 

McGinn, Rooney and O'Connor....our best player this season... on the bench for Aberdeen. This bizarre tombola-like gambling from McInnes has to stop.  

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

The avoidance of comments like "proddie pakora". Feck knows what that's even meant to mean. Arse. 

To be fair, did all the food at Ibrox not used to have stupid names like that?

It's hardly offensive patter.

11 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair, did all the food at Ibrox not used to have stupid names like that?

It's hardly offensive patter.

It did.

Bears Pakora I think. Was actually pretty good as far as pish kiosk food goes. 

Champions Pie and Bluenose Burger were others iirc.