This Weekends Games - Page 158 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Meaningless game today got us Europe. #greatparkiequotes

A draw would've meant Hearts couldn't catch you.

Guaranteeing 4th place with a budget that dwarfs 10 of your 11 competitors.

Well done! :ok:

:P

Edited by sbcmfc

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Who are you dandydunn? 

I am Keyser Söze

An enigma that leaves you wanting more

A hidden image amongst the shadows

And a bit of a smart arse at times

Oh and I'm the guy in the picture,in case you thought you were talking to a bird........

Edited by dandydunn

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

And they've only guaranteed Europe because we have got to the cup final. I'm happy to throw them one of our scraps. We're nice that way :) 

Had a great weekend in Edinburgh, remarkable escape from relegation by St Mirren, we had 4 points in December and finished 4th bottom in the end.

20,000 crowd at Easter Road, large noisy travelling  support, pubs in Leith was absolutely jumping, both sets of fans left happy.

Hopefully we can hold on to our best players for another season, if so we would be a good bet to win the championship next season regardless of who gets relegated. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol: And what do you want me to do?  Shall we go through it alllllll again?  let me know :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
56 minutes ago, Parklife said:

And they've only guaranteed Europe because we have got to the cup final. I'm happy to throw them one of our scraps. We're nice that way :) 

Forever grateful.  nice ... aberdeen ...?  :lol::lol: Haven't witnessed it yet.  

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Unlike normal Huns, he's not embarrassed by his country. Keep up the good work Renfrew ya un-Hun, sexy tart ye! :ok:

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I didn't know you cared as much as that. ? 

I try my best. 

Currently just glad for small mercies in that we have just about secured 3rd and Europe for next season. Now they just have to sort out some decent players on the cheap. 

I'll be out delivering the good word for Gavin, my MP, over the next few weeks so that he hopefully gets returned. 

8 hours ago, Redz said:

Sadly he still struggles with evidencing fact v fiction. 

Must be the 'type' of book he 'might' have seen in the shops / read (really) / heard about / published in a Hun rag , or simply a none event to back up all sort of shit in his head.

He'll be 'hearing' the ABZ support singing the IDS as one before long........

You'll have to spell this one out. Either I'm too tired or you're talking in riddles. 

What, exactly, have I done? 

21 hours ago, kumnio said:

Outstanding win for Dundee yesterday, hopefully seal security next week at home to Ross County. 

Neil McCann has managed to get the players playing again, we could have been doomed under the last manager. 

That was the worst we've been under McCulloch, horrendous performance.

Dundee deserved the win, although we should have snatched a point at end.

Guest BlueGaz

Are they all leaving it till the end of the season to see who will get the job full time?  Do you want him to get it?

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Forever grateful.  nice ... aberdeen ...?  :lol::lol: Haven't witnessed it yet.  

I'm sure we'll gift you a win at Ibrox next week. Yet another act of charity from AFC. ;) Although keeping your manager in a job would be an added bonus of losing that game... 

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

The laddie's congratulating you.

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol: No he wasn't.  

Of course i wasn't. I was being a condescending wee phannie :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'm sure we'll gift you a win at Ibrox next week. 

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.  I know the last one was 3-0 but it was yet another get out of jail.  Its been a season a few records have gone, I fear your Ibrox one could be another, but we'll see.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Hmmm, I'm not so sure.  I know the last one was 3-0 but it was yet another get out of jail.  Its been a season a few records have gone, I fear your Ibrox one could be another, but we'll see.

Derek Mcinnes shits his pants in Glasgow

We're on a high right now because we haven't had to play in Glasgow. Just wait, over the next three weeks we have to visit Glasgow twice to play Rangers and Celtic. Despite Rangers being shite compared to what the old club were :P;) we still shit it in Glasgow. I hope I'm wrong but history shows the dons players lack bottle on the bigger stage.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Derek Mcinnes shits his pants in Glasgow

We're on a high right now because we haven't had to play in Glasgow. Just wait, over the next three weeks we have to visit Glasgow twice to play Rangers and Celtic. Despite Rangers being shite compared to what the old club were :P;) we still shit it in Glasgow. I hope I'm wrong but history shows the dons players lack bottle on the bigger stage.

But that can't go on forever.  It has to stop at some point.  If we were playing ok, or well, or just fvcking average, I wouldn't worry about most games, including that one as it is at Ibrox.  Its obviously a nothing game for us now in terms of league, just means something in terms of rivalry, but huge for you guys IMO, with the final looming.  That game will be hard enough as it is without the Glasgow hoodoo over your heads.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

But that can't go on forever.  It has to stop at some point.  If we were playing ok, or well, or just fvcking average, I wouldn't worry about most games, including that one as it is at Ibrox.  Its obviously a nothing game for us now in terms of league, just means something in terms of rivalry, but huge for you guys IMO, with the final looming.  That game will be hard enough as it is without the Glasgow hoodoo over your heads.

Mcinnes is already coming out with pish like "we are punching above our weight". We aren't, we are where we should be IMO. Challenging for 2nd and 3rd each season is where Aberdeen should be when you consider the size of the club and the budget we have over most. Winning the Scottish cup could be considered punching above our weight especially if we stop Celtic winning the treble. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

Mcinnes is already coming out with pish like "we are punching above our weight". We aren't, we are where we should be IMO. Challenging for 2nd and 3rd each season is where Aberdeen should be when you consider the size of the club and the budget we have over most. Winning the Scottish cup could be considered punching above our weight especially if we stop Celtic winning the treble. 

I would agree with that, but 2 teams obviously have to be in the final and the 2 best teams this year are in the final, its only one game, so if Aberdeen win it, I wouldn't consider it punching above your weight.  If you had taken 3 points off Celtic this year and finished 2nd, it wouldn't be considered that.

On 2017-5-7 at 11:26 AM, JECK said:

How many was at easter road yesterday? Rarely see an away section filled out like that unless it's the big teams.

19,500, Hibs had half the away end.  Decent atmosphere, St Mirren looked really good, definately worth a punt for next season.

41 minutes ago, giblet said:

19,500, Hibs had half the away end.  Decent atmosphere, St Mirren looked really good, definately worth a punt for next season.

I like Easter Road when it's got a decent crowd in. Was a decent atmosphere when we played you last day of the season a few years back to stick you in the play offs.

58 minutes ago, giblet said:

What a day on Saturday. Fantastic atmosphere. That was my first time at Easter Road since the 1980s. What a brilliant stadium it has become. Both sets of fans were fantastic and nice touch by the Hibs fans to clap the Buds off the park. Quite a few Buds (including me) stayed behind to watch your presentation.

And you're right Giblet, if we can hang on to pretty much the same squad, I'm definitely backing us for the title next season.