Next Poll - Page 27 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No matter what your views it is surely nothing less than disturbing to hear the leaders of banks and Gordon Brown explaining their financial vision and wizardry. How can they be so thick skinned to simply ignore the recession they created with their previous financial hallucinations and pontificate about financial meltdowns. Has no one noticed.....we have had one, we are suffering now. And the ever altruistic Tories leapt at the chance to cut taxes...for millionaires only and slashed services, supports and benefits for the poorest people in society. There seems to be no media speculation about their qualification to comment. When you look at the list of irresistibles;

Cameron

Clegg

Farage

Milliband

Gove

Hunt

Johnson

Hammond et al

What's not to like?

Just waiting for Tony Blair to wade in with a 'dossier' to round things off....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far too late for the soaraway sun to join in and declare for yes and make any difference. Should have done so a long time ago, even how unpalatable it would have been.

Are they sensing a yes victory and trying to jump on the bandwagon?

Take it or leave it, I'd rather leave it with the baggage it entails.

I've little time for Murdoch, but it would have been useful to have had a daily newspaper in Scotland countering and ridiculing the ridiculous lies of the cringers.

On a side issue, anyone who makes a decision to vote based on what a newspaper tells them deserves to have their ballot paper torn up in front of their face.

Same as folk deciding on the word of a sportsperson or other public figure. But not as bad as voting because that is the vocal view of your team's fans.

Yes, some very surprising numbers in there.

Again, they cant get the 16-24 years olds right. 12% swing one week to Yes, 15% swing to No the next. Useless!!

The only constant is the over 65s. The figures dont change regardless of the polling company!!

Again, they cant get the 16-24 years olds right. 12% swing one week to Yes, 15% swing to No the next. Useless!!

The only constant is the over 65s. The figures dont change regardless of the polling company!!

There is no consistancy in any of the polls.

Yesterday didn't ICM have

Highlands/Isles 28%

Labour voters 42%

South Scotland 40%

Today with this Survation,

High and Ise 47%

Labour 25%

South Scotland 27%

I have about 40 homes in my delivery (postman) in the most affluent part of Prestwick and more than half of them are pensioners and I know quite a few more on my delivery are pro yes and have no Yes bunting and on the No side we have 3 homes with support of the No campaign and it has been like that for over a couple of weeks and during the same period more and more people on my delivery are putting up Yes bunting ... even converted a family to Yes today during my round who were undecided ... I firmly believe it will be the new registrants that can win this for YES

Is there an ICM poll out today? This from The Telegraph:

"The Survation poll this weekend put Unionists eight points ahead of the Yes campaign. But an ICM poll, which shows support for independence leading by a similar margin, cannot, and will not, be ignored."

Is there an ICM poll out today? This from The Telegraph:

"The Survation poll this weekend put Unionists eight points ahead of the Yes campaign. But an ICM poll, which shows support for independence leading by a similar margin, cannot, and will not, be ignored."

From Scot Goes Pop

One obvious possibility we shouldn't discount is that BT have used their vast resources to commission several private polls from different companies, and have simply published the worst one for Yes (ie. 'publication bias'). Today's figures are, of course, well within the margin of error of a 49% Yes vote - exactly the same as yesterday's poll.

From Scot Goes Pop

One obvious possibility we shouldn't discount is that BT have used their vast resources to commission several private polls from different companies, and have simply published the worst one for Yes (ie. 'publication bias'). Today's figures are, of course, well within the margin of error of a 49% Yes vote - exactly the same as yesterday's poll.

Exactly what I said to my wife.

This is my take, I rarely post, but, I've never had a yes or no door knockers up my scheme, btw 90% yes! I was down town Arbroath today both yes and no campaigns, got pictures to prove, 2 people at no stall 30+ at yes stall! I've a fairly big pool of friends, 90 + yes. I simply do not believe these polls, in my eyes I think we can do this 60/40. I have seen no opposition. Where are these polls coming from. Or is it the case small towns don't matter either way but you must take big cities, confused, please help

This is my take, I rarely post, but, I've never had a yes or no door knockers up my scheme, btw 90% yes! I was down town Arbroath today both yes and no campaigns, got pictures to prove, 2 people at no stall 30+ at yes stall! I've a fairly big pool of friends, 90 + yes. I simply do not believe these polls, in my eyes I think we can do this 60/40. I have seen no opposition. Where are these polls coming from. Or is it the case small towns don't matter either way but you must take big cities, confused, please help

I agree with you. I sense there is a growing disconnect between what the polls, the bookies and the street tell me.

The bookies do not reconcile with the polls and the polls do not reconcile with the street.

Whatever the truth of it if we really do have the street the polls and the bookies can go fukk themselves.