Next Poll - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the campaign has covered loads of issues, the white paper and beyond have gave an imagine of what an indy Scotland might be like but ultimately it is all up for grabs and will be what we want it to be.

Although important in itself the amount of time on currency I find astonishing.

I've always thought the answer to the Ref question was predicated purely on self confidence, something we have on the whole, lacked for generations.

If we don't get it this time, and I still deeply hope we do, the concept of independence is now real where it was in the stuff of hypothetical dreams in earlier eras.

This generation should think themselves lucky to have the chance to be the one.

Fingers crossed.

Stolen from someone else:

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/12/full-results-times-sun-140911-scottish-referendum/ (new poll)

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/07/full-results-scottish-independence-2nd-5th-septemb/ (previous poll)

The last poll showed a Yes lead for 16-24 (56-37, rest DK). Now 16-24s are on Yes 44 No 51.

In other age groups: 25-39 are on 54 Yes now, 53 last week. 40-59 are on 48 Yes, 49 Yes last week. 60+ are 35% Yes, last week 36. 1% differences are likely just noise. Major change is among young.

There's also been a 3% drop in women supporting independence. Aswell as a few % drops in Labour and SNP Yes support.

Both YouGov and Survation troubled by inconsistent 16-24 sample.

That taken into account, the polls are perfectly consistent with Yes being slightly behind (by 1-2%) or 50/50.

I think the polls are going to get worse before they get better, if they get better at all. I think people are becoming numb to them and there's advantages/disadvantages to both leading and being behind. Lead and you risk complacency, behind and the campaign up their game.

I think we'll see the polling stay within margin of error to the end now.

Ah fukk the polls, untrustworthy kunts, sick of them. (It is the bookies who worry me more.)

No one saw the 70 seats coming, it came out of nowhere. I remember because the day after I was on here posting that not a single person saw it coming. It was just like it is now in fact (just about a thousand times less intense).

We were always going to have to face this moment. Everyone can see this is not a fair fight (could not actually be any more unfair).

But somehow I feel that the more they stack it up against us the more I think they will lose the fight. Scots don't like to be bullied into anything. What will we feel like after another 6 days of this I wonder.

Considering the media onslaught and "shock and awe" tactics I have to say that poll has surprised me.

The thought had struck me that last week when there was definite Yes momentum there were a lot of minds changed. One someone decides on Yes, very few change back.

It's the undecideds which will win this. Get talking to friends, colleagues and family people...

Cant see there being another vote if a NO vote for at least 10 years if not longer. This moment is a perfect Storm for Yes, Tory Government imposing cuts, ineffectual Labour leader not liked in Scotland, veteran Politician leading YES, social media still relatively in its infancy in relation to how its used politically.. Would be difficult to see a better playing field for YES other than a disaffected pro YES media.

Cant see there being another vote if a NO vote for at least 10 years if not longer. This moment is a perfect Storm for Yes, Tory Government imposing cuts, ineffectual Labour leader not liked in Scotland, veteran Politician leading YES, social media still relatively in its infancy in relation to how its used politically.. Would be difficult to see a better playing field for YES other than a disaffected pro YES media.

Spot on. Not to mention an absolute majority for the SNP being the only reason we're even getting a referendum. How often is that gonna happen?

We get one shot at this...

+4 swing to Yes since last ICM poll.

Im quite stunned at that to be honest.

Kin' hell.

What a huge surprise. I was slowly tailing the screen there with one eye shut just hoping it was 46-54 etc.

That's bloody marvellous considering the system used and the onslaught of the Brit press.

A huge boost for us.