Next Poll - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I find Ally Bear's link of earlier VERY interesting. Particularly the level of analysis shown and the fact that they seemed to call Obama v Romney right on the same basis.

Yep, very interesting. I worry though that all of the 'big data' that they base their prediction on completely excludes the over 60's, who mostly aren't on the internet?

Edit: Or maybe i've just completely misunderstood how they get their data.

Edited by Dave78

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we vote Yes we are talking fall of the Berlin wall level event in terms of world interest.

But it is bigger. The soviets were born and died in less than 100 years.

This is going to shake the world and it could be the start of something better for not just us.

If we vote Yes we are talking fall of the Berlin wall level event in terms of world interest.

But it is bigger. The soviets were born and died in less than 100 years.

This is going to shake the world and it could be the start of something better for not just us. ta

take the blinkers off mate ; berlin wall was iconic around the world ; not just europe

an independent Scotland would barely register on the richter scale in some parts of the world

we entered into a union ; east germany different case

hadrians wall is in ruins

So let's get this right.

Despite the lies. The nazi-like propaganda from the media. The threats of armageddon. The blanket coverage of every Project Fear utterance. The visits of the Westminster elite.

Despite the most negative, hateful, patronising, condescending campaign in political history......the Yes vote has held up, or even increased ???

We're going to win this.

Yep, very interesting. I worry though that all of the 'big data' that they base their prediction on completely excludes the over 60's, who mostly aren't on the internet?

Edit: Or maybe i've just completely misunderstood how they get their data.

And an influx of first time voters and teeny boppers given the vote as well.

So let's get this right.

Despite the lies. The nazi-like propaganda from the media. The threats of armageddon. The blanket coverage of every Project Fear utterance. The visits of the Westminster elite.

Despite the most negative, hateful, patronising, condescending campaign in political history......the Yes vote has held up, or even increased ???

We're going to win this.

borrowed that, hope you don't mind!

Edited by killie

Whilst we are talking of pride in people voting yes, I would like to extend that out.

In the face of the media trying to spin the whole campaign of Independence into a vote for Salmond, when we do vote yes, I think the lions share of the credit goes to Sturgeon. In the eyes of many people she was a capable MSP but in the shadow of Salmond. For two years she has been an excellent debater, a passionate champion and a person of real gravitas. I think many of the turned Labour voters are on the strength of this excellent sustained performance. Most Politicians can't go an election campaign without making a gaff, in fact, some (I am looking at you Boris) can't go a week without a gaff. Sturgeon has not put a foot wrong in two years of being the face of the yes campaign.

Salmond may be rightly remembered as the man who won a Scotland her independence, but Sturgeon played a huge part, and will also have a big role in the shaping of a Scotland for the future.

I've just flown back from germany to australia and have been asked about it by almost everyone who has found out i'm scottish.

The level of interest is incredible and even these people with their sometimes limited knowledge of what is going on laugh when I tell them the tactics of the no campaign and some of the shite they come out with. They all agree when I say it is time for Scotland to stand on it's own to feet. Everyone one of them.

**** BANG ****

a new ICM poll for the Sunday Telegraph which puts Yes at 54 per cent and No at 46 per cent ...... bring it on

Aye but will they actually report this? The poll the other day putting BT back in front was actually leaked the night before and it was with Yes infront but the following day the poll had been reversed.

Whoever said it was right, the BBC are refusing to show the latest poll where YES are ahead.

Instead they're displaying "Poll of polls put NO at 51% and YES at 49%" and "Polls are too close to call".

Ach, why are we letting these fukkers rile us. The energy can be better used.

Our new independent government should axe the TV license the first day they can or make it an optional subscription based service.