Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 41 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, GordyA88 said:

McKay has some good touches about him. He can obviously beat a man. My gripe with him is that, from what I've seen he has no end product. There are no telling passes, crosses or goals from him and that's why I don't think he's ready to be in a Scotland squad. 

On another matter we need to play Burke Phillips and Fraser to gel them together but Strachan won't pick any of them for the Slovenia game.

Would be nice to see them in the squad atleast but Strachan has it in the tank to need even include any of them in the squad let alone the starting line up. 

Edited by ProudScot

8 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

SAVED! Smithies has saved more penalties than he's conceded in QPR colours, and he's done just that again here. Brilliant stop from the goalkeeper as he gets down low to his right to deny Martin

Should still score from 12 yards with only keeper to beat . He will still be in the squad for Slovenia mind 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Not a player but Strachan in action on goals on Sunday on sky sports 1 now.

he's talking about how teams play different systems so you have to play 4 or 5 different systems to match teams!

Or just the same one repeatedly Gord, you helmet.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I advise no Scotland fans to watch goals on Sunday unless you want to put your foot through the tv 

:lol:

he's a baw hair from levein level now

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

What an ar$e McCormack is if this is true.  Yet another player with talent not applying himself.  Seems to be in the Scottish psyche.

not read the article but thats a bit unfair, hes  been consistent to his potential since leaving rangers up till this villa move

Edited by LewisEDI

On 20/01/2017 at 7:27 PM, Bino's said:

as of now the only strikers we have at all who have been starting recently at a decent level are Naismith McCormack and Griffiths

So..

McCormack didn't play at the weekend and has been publicly shamed by the manager and sent to play with the Villa under 23s due to being unfit. Not good news for us, but maybe it'll kick him up the butt and he'll be back raring to go and motivated in a few weeks.

As for Naismith, ok, he's had three 90 minutes in a row.. which is sort of impressive.. for him.. this season.. seeing as before that he'd only played 90 minutes once since the 16th of August. I'm not sure a total of 7 starts since August makes him a 'regular starter' tbh. and if it does.. then.. 

why is Fletcher not a regular starter since he's started 7 of Wednesday's last 8?

why is Martin not a regular starter when he's started all 13 of Fulham's last 13 games he was available for? (2 games for transfer drama aside)

I can't help but think you're a little bit on the Naismith love train and not looking at it objectively.

On 21/01/2017 at 11:21 AM, ProudScot said:

Yes its like the sort of video a dad sends a football club when a kid wants a trial. Cringe

I think you've missed the point of RGx27's videos.. they're not highlights of the player during the game, it's every touch/involvement, good or bad. It's so you can actually have a decent look at the player, warts and all. Hence the inclusion of things like him closing down Lustig, but not winning the ball.

It's essentially the opposite of the kind of video you're describing.
FYI, he does them fairly regularly for a variety of players and they're worth watching imo.

On 22/01/2017 at 9:42 AM, Malcolm said:

What an ar$e McCormack is if this is true.  Yet another player with talent not applying himself.  Seems to be in the Scottish psyche.

Or just the Aston Villa psyche..

Micah Richards, Tommy Elphick, Jordan Amavi, Alan Hutton, Mile Jedinak, Jack Grealish, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Ross McCormack, Jon Kodjia.. and they're bottom half of the league after 27 games.

I feel kinda bad for McCormack, Kodjia and Elphick, they've been sucked into an absolute cesspool of a club.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

So..

McCormack didn't play at the weekend and has been publicly shamed by the manager and sent to play with the Villa under 23s due to being unfit. Not good news for us, but maybe it'll kick him up the butt and he'll be back raring to go and motivated in a few weeks.

As for Naismith, ok, he's had three 90 minutes in a row.. which is sort of impressive.. for him.. this season.. seeing as before that he'd only played 90 minutes once since the 16th of August. I'm not sure a total of 7 starts since August makes him a 'regular starter' tbh. and if it does.. then.. 

why is Fletcher not a regular starter since he's started 7 of Wednesday's last 8?

why is Martin not a regular starter when he's started all 13 of Fulham's last 13 games he was available for? (2 games for transfer drama aside)

I can't help but think you're a little bit on the Naismith love train and not looking at it objectively.

Fletcher and Martin shouldn't even be considered

a 4231 is not a formation to play an immobile front man with