upton park - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Cross fae Reggie Kray, Barbara Windsor nods in at the back post.

Everyone eats jellied eels and loves their mum.

Perfect end to the Upton Park story :ok:

Aye. 

If you didn't have a draw doubled up with Dundee Utd :banghead:

It's always been The Boleyn Ground - similar to Celtic Park, not Parkhead or St Mirren Park, not Love Street.

The Boleyn Ground

Green Street (remember the films?)

Upton Park

London

33 minutes ago, VASCO said:

It's always been The Boleyn Ground - similar to Celtic Park, not Parkhead or St Mirren Park, not Love Street.

The Boleyn Ground

Green Street (remember the films?)

Upton Park

London

Aye but nobody bothered their arse calling it that until the SKy Sports wankfest started about 6 months ago.

19 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't remember this level of hysteria when Arsenal left Highbury, why is Upton Park so special?

I wouldn't describe it as hysteria and there was similar levels of coverage when Arsenal left Highbury IMO. They even changed their strip for an entire season on their last season there.

36 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I wouldn't describe it as hysteria and there was similar levels of coverage when Arsenal left Highbury IMO. They even changed their strip for an entire season on their last season there.

I certainly don't remember the Sky Sports chugfest we've been subjected to these last few days.

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I certainly don't remember the Sky Sports chugfest we've been subjected to these last few days.

There's a huge irony in Sky banging on and on about 'one of the last traditional working class grounds', given that they've played a major part in killing football as the sport for the working class.

Sky aren't very good at getting the irony in things though, so it'll be ignored.

Edited by Rossy

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't remember this level of hysteria when Arsenal left Highbury, why is Upton Park so special?

You must not have seen.a TV at the time then. Very similar to this as I recall mate. 

51 minutes ago, Rossy said:

There's a huge irony in Sky banging on and on about 'one of the last traditional working class grounds', given that they've played a major part in killing football as the sport for the working class.

Sky aren't very good at getting the irony in things though, so it'll be ignored.

Indeed. Their best recent one, was the slaughtering of Jose Mourinho, for being sexist......which was almost exclusively reported by tidy birds. 

Cancelling sky is, without doubt  one of the most therapeutic things I've done in the last year. 

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Ha excellent post. Can't stand sky sports but I do like the level of competition, the variety of fixtures etc.

27 minutes ago, Rossy said:

David Sullivan said 'I can't understand why they couldn't get here earlier....there was no attack on the coach'.

:lol::lol:

I'm sure he also said something along the lines of. 'if you check, you will see there is no damage to it'

Em. Whit!!???