upton park - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

last game at the boleyn ground 2night

been down at few times excellent atmostphere and a great place for a beavy

still if you're getting a new stadium for nothing it would be rude not to move

may have a tear in my eye watching this 2night

there seems to be less and less clubs playing at their original grounds in this country

Edited by dan cake

15 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Did I read somewhere that they have sold 52000 season tickets for next year? 

Impressive. 

Not sure but the capacity was upped to 60,000 because demand was so high.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

last game at the boleyn ground 2night

been down at few times excellent atmostphere and a great place for a beavy

still if you're getting a new stadium for nothing it would be rude not to move

may have a tear in my eye watching this 2night

there seems to be less and less clubs playing at their original grounds in this country

We were discussing this last night. 

Why has everyone suddenly changed from Upton Park to the Boleyn ground?

I know that is the original name and Upton Park is an adopted one,has everyone suddenly gone all sentimental over it?

They have sold 10,000 under 16 season tickets at £99 a child and 42,000 adult season tickets at £289.  Family of four season ticket £776 equivalent to £41 a match for a family.  Well done West Ham keeping prices down, a full ground on reduced prices is better than a ground half full with extortionate prices.

Guest BlueGaz

Great what they have done - they pumped some of this extra TV money into the season ticket pot, so great to see them giving back to the fans albeit in a round about way.

Yeah exactly that's why German match prices so cheap they use the money from TV deal they get over they and don't screw there own fans over by still keeping ticket prices high.

15 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

I very much doubt all 42000 adult season tickets are in the £289 category

Been trying to get to Upton for a game since Christmas but no luck - had to go to their u21 final game. Great stadium.

Check today's Metro newspaper that's the information saw on it

I went in November, it's a cracking location for a stadium. Shane that they've decided to sell their soul. The Olympic Stadium will be pish.

Still, I'm glad I get to subsidise tickets for a multi-million pound business.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

That is what they start at and that is for the seats miles back behind the goals. The other season tickets range from £500-£900.

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/April/21-April/New-Stadium-Season-Ticket-prices-announced

Only going by the metro newspaper this morning article, see if I can screenshot article and send it later

It's sad that over a century of memories has to disappear because of the desperation to chase the mighty dollar.

Football should be about tradition and history. Another part of the fabric of the game, dies. 

Went to Blackpool West Ham play off final at Wembley in 2012. Having been to quite a few play off finals with Blackpool its usually a good laugh with the opposition supporters - but West Ham - fook me - almost to a man they were a bunch of khuunts - always hated them since.