Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 93 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

40 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Also based on http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk i'd like to exclusively reveal two more deals expected to happen this summer.

Rangers are said to be in talks with Charlie Adam and Phil Bardsley on a possible return to the SPFL Giants. Both players are out of contract in the summer and sources close to the players understand they are keen to finish their careers in Scotland. 

Bardsley is English and had a terrible time at Ibrox when he was there. No idea why he would want to leave a decent EPL side to come to Scotland, unless he thinks he's about done and fancies an easy season or two on the bevvy.

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Bardsley is English and had a terrible time at Ibrox when he was there. No idea why he would want to leave a decent EPL side to come to Scotland, unless he thinks he's about done and fancies an easy season or two on the bevvy.

He would look cracking in a Hun jersey though. Look at the heid on it?

13 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

unless he thinks he's about done and fancies an easy season or two on the bevvy.

Like Joey Barton? I think you're doing a disservice to the game up here. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Like Joey Barton? I think you're doing a disservice to the game up here. 

I'd genuinely like to agree. But I don't. For every Barton there are countless players who look good up here and then struggle to make any sort of impact when they go down south. Too many who do either scurry back home as they can't hack it, or have to take a year or two to develop and adapt before looking fit and strong enough to handle it. I'm hoping the game here has moved on sufficiently from the days when it was common knowledge that if you liked a bevvy you would get away with it up here, even at the big clubs. But I still wonder about levels of professionalism re fitness and nutrition. The article in The Guardian a few weeks back with Ryan Fraser was beyond depressing - someone who had been a professional footballer with one of our top clubs since he was 16 had to go to Bournemouth to learn that he shouldn't be eating takeaway pizza and ice-cream all the time. 

I'd genuinely like to agree. But I don't. For every Barton there are countless players who look good up here and then struggle to make any sort of impact when they go down south. Too many who do either scurry back home as they can't hack it, or have to take a year or two to develop and adapt before looking fit and strong enough to handle it. I'm hoping the game here has moved on sufficiently from the days when it was common knowledge that if you liked a bevvy you would get away with it up here, even at the big clubs. But I still wonder about levels of professionalism re fitness and nutrition.

I disagree. There's no way a player will be able to perform well unless they are a good professional. Suggesting that players could come up to Scotland for a bevvy or an easy time is wrong IMO. 

The article in The Guardian a few weeks back with Ryan Fraser was beyond depressing - someone who had been a professional footballer with one of our top clubs since he was 16 had to go to Bournemouth to learn that he shouldn't be eating takeaway pizza and ice-cream all the time. 

Apart from the fact that it's complete nonsense that he didn't know he should be eating well, he left Aberdeen at 18 years old.

He also left Aberdeen over 4 years ago, so it's hardly a great example to judge what is happening at the club now. 

Guest BlueGaz
18 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I'm hoping the game here has moved on sufficiently from the days when it was common knowledge that if you liked a bevvy you would get away with it up here, even at the big clubs. 

Come on, you hope?  I would suggest you know.

You'd need to take it up with Fraser re what he did or didn't know, I'm just going by what he said in the interview I mentioned. I may well be judging things on how they used to be, I hope so to be honest, but I doubt it. You make a fair point about him having been away from Aberdeen for a while. 

41 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

:lol:

His Dad's Scots.

Unemployed managerial genius Paul Le Guen ended his loan period because he didn't like players tackling in training.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

No I don't, and neither do you.

I do.  Its def not common knowledge that if you like a bevvy you will get away with it up here.  Certainly not within the top teams, and probably not within the next tier either.

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I do.  Its def not common knowledge that if you like a bevvy you will get away with it up here.  Certainly not within the top teams, and probably not within the next tier either.

No you really don't. You think it, that's not the same thing. 

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

No you really don't. You think it, that's not the same thing. 

So why are we not hearing lots of stories if it is "common knowledge"?  I would suggest it is not common knowledge at all.  But we can agree to disagree.  :ok:

48 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Billy Gilmour away to Chelsea over Arsenal seemingly, although he cant officially move till he is 16.

Figures between £500K - £650K (or £8 million if you are our board).

Never seen him play, but know people rave about him.

I read that as showing how desperate for the cash they are. Surely if he's that good keep him? On the other hand it's a lot of money for a kid who may not make it. 

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I read that as showing how desperate for the cash they are. Surely if he's that good keep him? On the other hand it's a lot of money for a kid who may not make it. 

He's been down south with Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea, so there must be something there. Given that, and the odds of making it these days, then its probably the most sensible option for him.

Chuck on a wee 25% sell on clause, and its all good for us too :ok:

18 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It won't be in Rangers hands. Pretty sure we're only entitled to a fee similar to Dembele and Fulham. 

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It won't be in Rangers hands. Pretty sure we're only entitled to a fee similar to Dembele and Fulham. 

I think you're right.  When he turns 16 he can sign for whoever he wants as he can't sign a professional contract before then.  Rangers will due a small bit of compo

Happened to United with Kieran Freeman who moved to Southampton academy as soon as he turned 16.

Edited by adamntg

You wonder if he'd be better staying at Rangers, I'd imagine you could very easily get lost amongst the massive stockpile of players Chelsea have.

I presume stockpiling kids and loaning them out all over Europe is a way of getting round FFP?

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You wonder if he'd be better staying at Rangers, I'd imagine you could very easily get lost amongst the massive stockpile of players Chelsea have.

I presume stockpiling kids and loaning them out all over Europe is a way of getting round FFP?

think so.

To be fair, we haven't got the best record ether.

19 hours ago, macy37 said:

Rangers don't have a say in it unfortunately. They're trying to keep him but Chelsea in particular have been trying to woo the lad for some time. As he's not under contract he's free to sign for whoever he wants when he turns 16. 

19 hours ago, macy37 said:

Rangers don't have a say in it unfortunately. They're trying to keep him but Chelsea in particular have been trying to woo the lad for some time. As he's not under contract he's free to sign for whoever he wants when he turns 16.