Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 144 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I'm sure Aberdeen fans will correct me but hasn't their recent success been down to their recruitment of the better players from the league? Moult fits that criteria so you can see why they keep pushing it. 

Absolutely but always when commercially viable.  I think the cost is now becoming prohibitive/not worth it.

20 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Dons apparently still after Moult.  However, Motherwell want more than £400k.  He isn't worth it. Some rumours that Rooney could form part of a deal.  Could Motherwell pay Rooney's wages?  My feeling is that we should put a pin in this and look elsewhere.

Good :lol:

He's probably the difference between mid table mediocrity and the championship so he's worth more than 400k to us...year left or not. 

Rooney always seems to be a good goalscorer for Aberdeen.

If we could get him and money for Moult, that would seem decent business.

Whats the problem with Rooney? Is Moult a massive upgrade?

I reckon Motherwell's wage cap isn't much more than £2k a week, but I may be wrong?

1 minute ago, Donaldo87 said:

Good :lol:

He's probably the difference between mid table mediocrity and the championship so he's worth more than 400k to us...year left or not. 

I meant he wasn't worth it at that price for Aberdeen - I realise Motherwell have their cost/benefit to think of.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I reckon Motherwell's wage cap isn't much more than £2k a week, but I may be wrong?

Rooney splits opinion at Aberdeen.  I would argue that those who look at on pitch performances see him as being a weak link and not good enough.  Those that look at statistics probably see the goal scoring record and think he's great. 

Rooney has benefitted from having McGinn and Hayes feeding him for years and the fact he takes pens.  He scores goals and there's no lack of huff and puff.  However, he's a very mediocre football player and limited ability and little vision. If Aberdeen are to progress, we need a smarter/more clever player in there - that still scores goals!

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

some dons fans have an issue with Rooney because he not an all round player, he is a poacher. A poacher I would rather we kept since he's scored more than 20 each season he's been with us. 

No way would I part with Rooney and money for moult

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

I meant he wasn't worth it at that price for Aberdeen - I realise Motherwell have their cost/benefit to think of.

Rooney splits opinion at Aberdeen.  I would argue that those who look at on pitch performances see him as being a weak link and not good enough.  Those that look at statistics probably see the goal scoring record and think he's great. 

Rooney has benefitted from having McGinn and Hayes feeding him for years and the fact he takes pens.  He scores goals and there's no lack of huff and puff.  However, he's a very mediocre football player and limited ability and little vision. If Aberdeen are to progress, we need a smarter/more clever player in there - that still scores goals!

I would rather we keep him and its not just based on statistics. He did benefit from Hayes and McGinn...............McGinn also split opinion in the support. Rooney could also benefit from Christie, Stewart and GMS. No reason why not IMO.

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Agree 100% 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I would rather we keep him and its not just based on statistics. He did benefit from Hayes and McGinn...............McGinn also split opinion in the support. Rooney could also benefit from Christie, Stewart and GMS. No reason why not IMO.

Rooney has now been largely ineffective for around a year (and I think that's being kind).  Just my opinion.  He may come back and show some form but I suspect we've seen the best of him.  Cash in now. 

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

Rooney has now been largely ineffective for around a year (and I think that's being kind).  Just my opinion.  He may come back and show some form but I suspect we've seen the best of him.  Cash in now. 

I think he will come back to form, every striker goes through bad patches, if he was perfect he wouldn't be at Aberdeen. I'd keep him, get rid of Storey and Stockley, get someone in to properly battle with Rooney for the top slot. If Rooney doesn't step up to the plate again we can get rid of him. 

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

No, don't. 

The bairn got Rooney 9 on his top last Thursday. 

The one before that he had was Pawlett 16. 

He's gonna feel like a jinx soon.....

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

No, don't. 

The bairn got Rooney 9 on his top last Thursday. 

The one before that he had was Pawlett 16. 

He's gonna feel like a jinx soon.....

Can you ask him to replace it with "McLean - 7" please? 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Have they found Ambrose yet?

30 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Anthony Stokes
Efe Ambrose
Ofir Marciano
Steven Whittaker
Deivydas Matulevicius,
Vykintas Slivka
Danny Swanson
Simon Murray

6 internationalist in there.

Even if they have, he may well be an internationalist, but he's a proven flop in the league he'll be in next season.

8 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Sounds like the Sheep are running scared that they might actually get a challenge for second place next season.

You don't actually believe that, do you? 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bet you we sign him for zero.

Probably, although I read United's press release as trying to flush out some money for him.  Wouldn't be surprised it came down to hard-ball on deadline day.

I remember us trying to get some money for Lee Miller from Aberdeen and when they consistently refused we just said "oh f*ck it, just take him, I don't care".