Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

11 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Hearts should have tried to sign him in the summer, and they should be trying again now. I'm not suggesting that we would have any success, or that we can afford him, but getting him in and offloading Watt (and Sammon with any luck) would be what I'd be looking at.

Wouldn't like to see him leave us for Hearts and thankfully he has 18 months on his contract, so doubt they could match our valuation, but realistic enough to realise that if Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen did match our valuation, he'd be off.

Would certainly be an upgrade on those 2, 11 goals in a season hampered by injury not a bad return!

19 hours ago, Mox said:

West Ham have bid £20 million for Dembele apparently. Given it's West ham and they have the most scatter gun and sporadic transfer policy going right now, i'd try and push them for a bit more, but if they have bid £20 million, i'd grudgingly accept.

I'm glad you're not in charge of negotiations!

We need to try and keep hold of our best players a bit longer if we are to try and be more competitive in the CL. For those that say they don't care about Europe, it's all about 10iar......Why can't we do both?

Oh and Ali Crawford is average at best ???

19 hours ago, Mox said:

West Ham have bid £20 million for Dembele apparently. Given it's West ham and they have the most scatter gun and sporadic transfer policy going right now, i'd try and push them for a bit more, but if they have bid £20 million, i'd grudgingly accept.

I am fairly certain the media have got the wrong end of the stick here and the player from Scotland who West Ham were referring to is Robert Snodgrass.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-line-up-january-moves-for-glen-johnson-and-robert-snodgrass-a3434336.html

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Saints looking to re-sign O' Halloran from Rangers.

Rangers still have 2 installments to pay I believe for him.  Would imagine will be 'free' to go to Saints in lieu of these.

Have heard though it's a Loan deal with his wages being paid by Saints.  

Just now, slasher said:

Haha, reports now that West Ham have upped the ante to £25m. Mox would probably make a counter offer of £15m.

Personally I wouldn't let him go in this window unless it gets utterly ridiculous!

You don't think 25 mill is ridiculous? :o

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

Rangers still have 2 installments to pay I believe for him.  Would imagine will be 'free' to go to Saints in lieu of these.

Imagine trusting Rangers with installment payments. :worried:

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

You beat me to it. 6 months scoring goals in Scotland is apparently all it takes. 

I'm not saying Dembele isn't a good player, just that there's been no real evidence of that so far. 

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

For a player that Celtic didn't pay a fee for (though I believe Fulham get a development fee when he is sold) about six months back? Who had played club games against West Ham, and who had been based a few miles up the road from them for a couple of years before coming up here and scoring some goals in what they make it clear they regard as a pub league. English football is mental.

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You beat me to it. 6 months scoring goals in Scotland is apparently all it takes. 

I'm not saying Dembele isn't a good player, just that there's been no real evidence of that so far. 

Better judges than you would seem to disagree. The English market is mental though, but we should milk it for all it's worth. Who says another bidder won't push the price even higher.

Personally I think Dembele is sensational and could be the best player we've had up here since Henrik. The difference here is we don't have to sell thanks to the way the club has been run. The paupers over Govan way would have bundled him into the back of a car and driven him to London by now for less than half the money lol

23 minutes ago, slasher said:

Haha, reports now that West Ham have upped the ante to £25m. Mox would probably make a counter offer of £15m.

Personally I wouldn't let him go in this window unless it gets utterly ridiculous!

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's well past ridiculous already.

Apparently scoring a few goals against Scottish cannon-fodder for a few months makes you a 20 25 30 million £ player.

He's not even top scorer in the Scottish Premiership. Liam Boyce must be worth at least 40 million... :lol:

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

£25 million is pretty ridiculous.

The boy looks talented and physically suited to playing at a high level, but £25 million for a guy playing in Scotland is nuts! Celtic should (and surely will!) bite the hand off anyone that offers them close to that money.

Is that not part of Celtics business model, to pick up unknowns or rough diamonds, develop them, give them a shop window and sell them on at a profit?

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It's well past ridiculous already.

Apparently scoring a few goals against Scottish cannon-fodder for a few months makes you a 20 25 30 million £ player.

He's not even top scorer in the Scottish Premiership. Liam Boyce must be worth at least 40 million... :lol:

I did wonder when this cockwomble would come along to claim he's no good

?

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Something else to consider. Are Rangers panicking and have bigger money worries to worry about, hence the reason they can't pay Saints. I also wonder if Saints had appearance fees into the deal given his lack of game time.

22 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Something else to consider. Are Rangers panicking and have bigger money worries to worry about, hence the reason they can't pay Saints. I also wonder if Saints had appearance fees into the deal given his lack of game time.

His lack of game time will be down to, largely, him being gash the majority of the time he's played.  And I don't mean gash as in the way the majority of our squad has been gash.  I mean double gash.

27 minutes ago, Ormond said:

According to Phil McGobbldygook there is £1m legal bill in the offing as well as money due to Preston. Any business they do in this window will have to be of the financially neutral variety.

33 minutes ago, slasher said:

According to Phil McGobbldygook there is £1m legal bill in the offing as well as money due to Preston. Any business they do in this window will have to be of the financially neutral variety.

Phil :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:  

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I did wonder when this cockwomble would come along to claim he's no good

?

Nobody is saying the boy isn't good. But he's no world beater at the minute either. He's quick and strong but time will tell if he's actually a good player. 

If Celtic get £10m for him then they'll be doing good well this season. If he stays and does well in the CL next season then his price might rise. 

39 minutes ago, slasher said:

Given that we made a £3.3M loss in the latest accounts that was always going to be the case.  We've got some deadwood in the squad we coudl do with getting rid of anyway.