Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 62 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 1/3/2017 at 1:51 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

When was he good? There's absolutely no evidence of him ever doing anything other than the one goal against Barcelona. 

He's not very good and never has been. 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Then you think that Barry McKay is a God. He at least has some end product. 

Watt is plain and simple pish and I think you may have low standards if you think otherwise. 

you seem desperate for an argument, even though I am agreeing with most of what you say. I have already said he doesn't have an end product, has a terrible attitude and will go no further in the game so no idea why you can't accept that the guy has skill and has wasted it. 

Someone else will come along and think that they can get Watt to be professional and get the best out of the talent he has. There is a player in there, but I suspect he will continue as he has done so far and end up just dropping steadily down the leagues in Scotland and England.

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

wasn't that in the run up to a cup final?

there's a bit of a difference between Heart and Celtic too

Yup.  Sold Armstrong and GMS to Celtic in January two weeks before we played in a cup final, having been top of the league at Christmas.  Still beggars belief.  

Deservedly relegated a year later.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

That's what I said about Dundee United, Gary Mackay-Steven and Celtic!  Word for word!

If McGinn leaves, I can see Aberdeen trying to GMS.

The guy is a permanent bench-warmer at Celtic Park and his career is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Someone else will come along and think that they can get Watt to be professional and get the best out of the talent he has. There is a player in there, but I suspect he will continue as he has done so far and end up just dropping steadily down the leagues in Scotland and England.

Aye another Gary O'Connor / Derek Riordan type attitude. Lifetime of regret in front of them.

What happened to that left back that left Partick a couple of seasons ago?  he was looking promising.

Note.  

Just had a look, transferred to Doncaster from Wigan then got a bad injury end of last season. 

Edited by giblet

7 hours ago, dipped flake said:

you seem desperate for an argument, even though I am agreeing with most of what you say. I have already said he doesn't have an end product, has a terrible attitude and will go no further in the game so no idea why you can't accept that the guy has skill and has wasted it. 

You described him as very good. I'm disagreeing with that summary. He's not. 

It's not an argument just because we have different opinions, especially when yours is so wrong. ?

This is quite interesting. I was just checking up on the process for non EEA nationals moving to the UK.  Without going into to too much detail, the governing body has to approve the case and then the Home Office grants the work permit.  

I've looked on the Web and there's quite a few sites that have the criteria for the FA, they're pretty stringent and there's not a hope in hell this guy would get a Governing Body Exemption.

The first part of it is purely subjective, it's down to how many caps you've had over the last few years and how high up the FIFA rankings your nation is.  This kid hasn't even been capped yet, so he can't meet that criteria.

The second get out is more objective and is around whether or not the game will be improved by that player.  I suppose that's meant to encourage players like, say George Weah, who are genuinely top players but play for nations that fall outwith the top 50.

Its even harder for players under the age of 21 to get a permit so as to try and encourage home grown talent.

Where this gets interesting though is that I can't find the criteria that the SFA use and I can't believe that it's different across the four associations.  If it were, or the second test were to be applied differently then that raises important questions.

There is absolutely no way that this guy would get a permit to play in the EPL, he isn't going to make a difference to the game.  He, hypothetically, may be better than any other player in Scotland but if the SFA granted a GBE on that basis what you effectively have is a separate immigration system for Scotland from the rest of the UK and that's something we categorically are told is completely and utterly impossible.  

47 minutes ago, aaid said:

This is quite interesting. I was just checking up on the process for non EEA nationals moving to the UK.  Without going into to too much detail, the governing body has to approve the case and then the Home Office grants the work permit.  

I've looked on the Web and there's quite a few sites that have the criteria for the FA, they're pretty stringent and there's not a hope in hell this guy would get a Governing Body Exemption.

The first part of it is purely subjective, it's down to how many caps you've had over the last few years and how high up the FIFA rankings your nation is.  This kid hasn't even been capped yet, so he can't meet that criteria.

The second get out is more objective and is around whether or not the game will be improved by that player.  I suppose that's meant to encourage players like, say George Weah, who are genuinely top players but play for nations that fall outwith the top 50.

Its even harder for players under the age of 21 to get a permit so as to try and encourage home grown talent.

Where this gets interesting though is that I can't find the criteria that the SFA use and I can't believe that it's different across the four associations.  If it were, or the second test were to be applied differently then that raises important questions.

There is absolutely no way that this guy would get a permit to play in the EPL, he isn't going to make a difference to the game.  He, hypothetically, may be better than any other player in Scotland but if the SFA granted a GBE on that basis what you effectively have is a separate immigration system for Scotland from the rest of the UK and that's something we categorically are told is completely and utterly impossible.  

The SFA just ask Murdo McLeod. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

It'll be interesting to see how they go about getting a work permit for him.

Same way most teams do. If we can get work permits for Africans I'm pretty sure Celtic will. 

Farcical if they can't. 

I can think of numerous players who've played in SPL but weren't capped or regular caps with their country and none were as good as this guy appears to be. 

Celtic signed Rabui Ibrahim and he wasn't capped  (and not very good). We then signed him. We also signed Gabriel Reuben and another that I can't even remember the name of. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Same way most teams do. If we can get work permits for Africans I'm pretty sure Celtic will. 

Farcical if they can't. 

I can think of numerous players who've played in SPL but weren't capped or regular caps with their country and none were as good as this guy appears to be. 

Celtic signed Rabui Ibrahim and he wasn't capped  (and not very good). We then signed him. We also signed Gabriel Reuben and another that I can't even remember the name of.

Did they have dual nationality and an EU passport?  That's the usual way around it.

The first guy was playing in Portugal  and Holland before come to Scotland so he might have.   

Without going back and checking all the games, the second guy looks like he was a Nigerian International when he signed for Kilmarnock. 

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

Did they have dual nationality and an EU passport?  That's the usual way around it.

The first guy was playing in Portugal  and Holland before come to Scotland so he might have.   

Without going back and checking all the games, the second guy looks like he was a Nigerian International when he signed for Kilmarnock. 

Criteria doesn't just say caps though. One of them has 3 caps. They are meant to be regular internationals. Not just a couple of friendlies. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper