Right back options - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Right back options

Who do we think gets the nod if Patterson and Hickey don’t make it? Seems like Hickey might have a chance if his rehab goes smoothly. I see no reason for Clarke not to ask the question of Tino Livramento. If not, Players like Anthony Ralston and Stephen O’Donnell, a player who was always reliable for us now have a serious chance of getting the call up.

Surely O’Donnell will be nowhere near the squad. He’s had his time. McCrorie playing every week in championship and as a RWB. Max Johnstone playing (albeit not every game) for team challenging at top of Austrian top league 

• 3 weeks later...

Might be nothing in it but Lewis Mayo was fit at the weekend but not in the squad. 

Made me think he might have had a letter from SFA ahead of the squad announcement. He's been excellent this year right hand side of defence, although we play a back 3 with Armstrong on that side as a wing back. 

Never seen Johnson play but on paper that's quite an impressive level to be going at despite not playing every game, although as mentioned playing more minutes than Ralston.

I do agree Ralston must be nailed on for the squad now.

I know a few Killie fans banding Danny Armstrong's name about. Would be good to know if he seems likely. Clarke will still likely be well linked to Killie and the goings on there, so not out with the realms of possibility he has a decent insight to him.

8 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Never seen Johnson play but on paper that's quite an impressive level to be going at despite not playing every game, although as mentioned playing more minutes than Ralston.

I do agree Ralston must be nailed on for the squad now.

I know a few Killie fans banding Danny Armstrong's name about. Would be good to know if he seems likely. Clarke will still likely be well linked to Killie and the goings on there, so not out with the realms of possibility he has a decent insight to him.

I can't see Armstrong getting called up.

I think Mayo is the only Killie player with a slight (albeit extremely outside) chance.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I can't see Armstrong getting called up.

I think Mayo is the only Killie player with a slight (albeit extremely outside) chance.

Quite an interesting shout I've noticed a few people saying. Would be interested to hear the case to be made for him.

Looks to have gotten a full season of 40+ games last season but only 13 this season (presumably injured?). Prior to that no senior experience above SPFL Championship. I remember his name going around as a good prospect when in the Rangers Academy so obviously will have a good foundation as a player.

13 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Quite an interesting shout I've noticed a few people saying. Would be interested to hear the case to be made for him.

Looks to have gotten a full season of 40+ games last season but only 13 this season (presumably injured?). Prior to that no senior experience above SPFL Championship. I remember his name going around as a good prospect when in the Rangers Academy so obviously will have a good foundation as a player.

Mayo?

He played 44 games in all competitions this season for Killie. 

Got voted our players player of the year. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mayo?

Wikipedia must be off the mark then. That makes much more sense as to why he may be in the running

He could try Hendry at RWB in the friendlies. Back 5 of Hendry, Porteous, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson. Remember Davey Narey a Centre half playing regularly for Scotland as a RB. Who can forget Brazil 82

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mayo?

I used to work with his dad and he had just got into the academy about then I think. Glad to hear he's doing grand. 

1 hour ago, Glensburgh Jock said:

Livermento has not flown out to Australia with the Newcastle squad. No injury reports. 

He also won’t be flying out to Portugal with the Scotland squad. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Glensburgh Jock said:

Livermento has not flown out to Australia with the Newcastle squad. No injury reports. 

He has been out for 3 weeks with a ankle injury, and Newcastle where not going to stick him on a 24 hour flight to go half way around the world simply to aggravate it again in two meaningless friendlies against Spurs and a Aussie league select.

Edited by wanderer