EU Referendum - Page 46 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

It did come into my head that the SNP could call a snap election in Scotland, adding the promise of a 2nd referendum to their manifesto.

If people vote for it, then we hold another referendum within a 6 month period.

there is likely to be another GE called soon. At that the SNP should go in saying a vote for the SNP is a vote for Independence and, if we get a majority, we go UDI

1 minute ago, dipped flake said:

At that the SNP should go in saying a vote for the SNP is a vote for Independence and, if we get a majority, we go UDI

That would an absolute front to democracy.

Edit:  Although there is absolutely no chance of an SNP majority in a UK general election...  Carry on.

Edited by Scunnered

Why is that Scunnered?   It is evident that almost 100% SNP MPs are powerless to influence the UK government.   So SNP have no other policies worth putting in a UK election manifesto.   A single policy of exit from the UK via UDI sounds great to me.

1 hour ago, exile said:

So Cameron said this.

"We must now prepare for a negotiation with the European Union. This will need to involve the full engagement of the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments to ensure all parts of the UK are protected and advanced."

What does that mean?

I think it's the Vow (version 2.0)

5 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

That would an absolute front to democracy.

Edit:  Although there is absolutely no chance of an SNP majority in a UK general election...  Carry on.

I suspect he means the SNP standing in the UK general election on effectively a single issue, UDI, with it made clear that a majority of the vote across the country being taken as a mandate.   The Scottish Parliament where there is already an Independence supporting majority, then votes to declare UDI.   The Scottish part of the U.K. General Election effectively becomes a proxy for another referendum.  Would be an avenue if Westminster refuses to sanction a second referendum  

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Several Tory MPs including Boris have signed a letter addressed to Cameron saying that he must stay on regardless of the result suggesting that the Boris as PM scarefest was just that

:unsure:

8 minutes ago, Lamia said:

:unsure:

I cant be right all the time but I'm still confident he will be nowhere near it ...............

43 minutes ago, aaid said:

I suspect he means the SNP standing in the UK general election on effectively a single issue, UDI, with it made clear that a majority of the vote across the country being taken as a mandate.   The Scottish Parliament where there is already an Independence supporting majority, then votes to declare UDI.   The Scottish part of the U.K. General Election effectively becomes a proxy for another referendum.  Would be an avenue if Westminster refuses to sanction a second referendum  

he knows that, he's just being his usual self.

13502159_1212628115448949_60893933543561

5 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

he knows that, he's just being his usual self.

I did yes.  It doesn't change the fact that UDI is a moronic principle and an absolute affront to democracy.  As much an affront to democracy as Westminster rejecting a referendum should a Scottish Government have mandate for one.

I remain to be convinced the opposing EU ref results in Scotland and elsewhere alone will sway the population sufficiently on Independence, to reach the 60% most seem to feel is required to be confident of a Yes vote.

Is this so different to year after year of Tory government that Scotland has subserviently accepted, despite not voting for, in the name of the UK? Would pro EU No voters see this as more important than who the government is?

12 minutes ago, littleboyblue said:

I remain to be convinced the opposing EU ref results in Scotland and elsewhere alone will sway the population sufficiently on Independence, to reach the 60% most seem to feel is required to be confident of a Yes vote.

Is this so different to year after year of Tory government that Scotland has subserviently accepted, despite not voting for, in the name of the UK? Would pro EU No voters see this as more important than who the government is?

If there was an independence referendum tomorrow then it'd be another No. Without a doubt. 

Guest faircity

Nevermind, old uniclops will be along any moment now to rescue us from the depths of despair and to lead us from the path of ruin.