EU Referendum - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That's possibly the most apt and succinct analysis of the situation I have read so far.  :lol:

If I had a cap available at this present moment I would be doffing it in your direction, Phart.

I doffed mine for you. I have a bunnet and I look absolutely sexual in it. I'm sure you can imagine!

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

If both games are a draw then Turkey are out. If portugal draw and iceland draw or either team wins then turkey are out. As far as I can see so personally I think the turks are ####ed

Turkey only need to be better than one of the 3rd place teams in the remaining two groups. They are already above Albania, and even Albania still have a chance of going through.

Turkey have two chances of going through.

EITHER

A. Hungary beat Portugal.

OR

B. Ireland don't beat Italy AND Sweden don't beat Belgium. 

Turkey need one of A or B to happen. If both happen then Turkey and Albania both go through.

I think Turkey's best chance is group E, as I can't see Ireland beating Italy or Sweden beating Belgium.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

That woman doesn't half talk some amount of pish. She, or the so called 'experts' have  no idea how an independent Scotland would have done just as she , and  they, have absolutely no way of knowing  how the UK would survive outwith the EU. If anyone thinks these experts are speaking from a politically neutral basis they are sadly deluded. I imagine David Cameron will be spending his' retirement ' paying back brownie points . 

Dragging out all these financial experts  in referendums is almost as bad as dragging out the celebrities. At the end of the day absolutley no-one can tell what the future will bring. And who gives a fook if David Beckham is voting to remain. If someone votes to remain as they know their job will be directly affected by coming out then I can understand why they will choose that option . But there are far too many sweeping generalisations going on about finances. 

This vote is like trying to choose between the 2 most rancid  apples left at the bottom of a very deep barrel. I shall reluctantly vote  'remain ' as i feel there is no chance of an independant Scotland anytime soon and the prospect of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage calling the shots is just too awful to contemplate. 

1 minute ago, Scunnered said:

You don't need to tell me Renfrew Blue is talking pish, I ken :wink2:

? I was thinking that as I was typing it. No offence Renfrew Blue, think you were coming from a different angle ( hole being dug (no pun intended) here furiously )  . 

More likely though,  I was thinking folk would be thinking 'pot kettle black' ?  

2 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

farage has pulled out of the channel 4 debate the night wonder was up maybe jobbying himself from pax man 

My bestest mates aunt who is Scotland's UKIP convenor (yes he's deeply ashamed, especially as he's an immigrant himself) has said there was a death in the family.

7 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I never claimed, you claimed it.  It was an observation.

I'm curious if you found the opinions of these independent experts as important during the Independence referendum as you do now, they agreed with the Better Together campaign, generally.  It's amazing how quickly opinions of these organisations change when they back up peoples own prejudices...  And I'm not referring to you specifically with that last sentence, again just an observation.

I don't know anyone who thinks Boris wants to spend more money on the NHS.  Has he claimed he would?  If he has, it's a lie.

I don't doubt that for a second.  Just as I don't doubt it's the same from the remain campaign.

I wasn't voting with my head in the Independence Referendum so the experts views meant heehaw. I'd gladly pay extra tax to have my country free. The purely economic arguments were therefore immaterial mostly.

Boris has said during the debates that if we leave the EU he'd use the £350m we'd save each week (despite the fact the figure is wrong!) to spend more on the NHS and still support the farmers and fishermen. It's all bullshit but it detracts from his usual diatribe of take back control (of stuff we already control) and reduce immigration (despite the fact the country profits from this).

2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

You don't need to tell me Renfrew Blue is talking pish, I ken :wink2:

Ridicule what you don't agree with?

That's why Labour died in Scotland. You should have learned from that by now.

23 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ridicule what you don't agree with?

The only person doing any ridiculing in this thread has been you, everyone else has been pretty objective.  I'm not ridiculing you, I'm saying you're talking pish.

3 hours ago, Scunnered said:
7 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

The only person doing any ridiculing in this thread has been you, everyone else has been pretty objective.  I'm not ridiculing you, I'm saying you're talking pish.

Aye, whatever. This is your normal modus operandi. Start the pish and avoid actually answering any points raised.

You seem to think of yourself as a politically savvy person yet seem incapable of sustaining any rational debate with people who hold different views to yours.

Why do you think that is?

Guest flumax

Who thought it was a good idea for an audience of celebrities, personalities, politicians.. People renowned for enjoying the sound of their own voice 

what a bunch of complete arses in this audience, also watching on +1.  Seeing a lot of luvvie nawbags there as well.  giving me the dry boak thinking of voting on the same side as them.

Polls are very close, but the most alarming is the ones measuring people most likely to vote.  Saw a 7 point lead for Leave.