who will you be supporting at the euros? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

who will you be supporting at the euros?

bonny78

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20 March 2016 at 0:01 PM, kumnio said:

Really hate all of the so called home nations, hope they all get humped. Hope Iceland, Sweden and Hungary do well, three great countries.

Hate? Really? And all of them? I cannot fathom why someone from Scotland would hate Wales. What have the Welsh ever done to the Scots?

4 minutes ago, the_walls said:

Hate? Really? And all of them? I cannot fathom why someone from Scotland would hate Wales. What have the Welsh ever done to the Scots?

Are you mixing up a country and a football team? I have no hatred for any of the parts of the U.K., i do hate football teams though. I hate Wales as they've beaten us every time we've played them in the past 15 years. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Are you mixing up a country and a football team? I have no hatred for any of the parts of the U.K., i do hate football teams though. I hate Wales as they've beaten us every time we've played them in the past 15 years.

Fair enough. I don't think I hate any team for simply beating Ireland though. What are they meant to do, let you win?

And in fairness, while it might be hard to take watching other teams from the same part of the world in the Euros when you're not there, before this tournament Wales had not qualified for anything since the 50s and even then that was the only time they had qualified for anything. They have had a lot more heartbreak then yourselves up until this summer. Fair enough not caring if they do well or not but actively begrudging them doing well? I don't get it but sure each to their own I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We done them in Dublin apart fae that its been dismal 

16 minutes ago, the_walls said:

Fair enough. I don't think I hate any team for simply beating Ireland though. What are they meant to do, let you win?

Wait until Wales beat you 5-0, Rob Earnshaw scoring a hat-trick and cartwheeling about the pitch in celebration. Then you'll fecking hate Wales too! :lol: 

On 20/03/2016 at 0:27 PM, aaid said:

By that logic you can pose any question you want in this forum regardless of its relevance.

If I put a topic up saying "Who will you be supporting in the Eurovision Song Contest?" would that be relevant for this forum?

Its just a cheap anti-England troll.

but song contest is not football.   it's not like we didn't try and qualify for this tournament i'm talking about. 

On 20 March 2016 at 0:27 PM, aaid said:

By that logic you can pose any question you want in this forum regardless of its relevance.

If I put a topic up saying "Who will you be supporting in the Eurovision Song Contest?" would that be relevant for this forum?

Its just a cheap anti-England troll.

of course he is a troll. All his posts are about hating or not supporting England and giving an imagined account of watching a game on TV based on an old match report. Best ignored (he says adding to the thread). 

On 20/03/2016 at 0:01 PM, kumnio said:

Really hate all of the so called home nations, hope they all get humped. Hope Iceland, Sweden and Hungary do well, three great countries. 

that works for me

Romania, Iceland, France for me.

hope ireland, wales and england have as miserable a tournament as possible

indifferent about n ireland as i like michael o'neil and they have done remarkably well to get there.

Edited by LewisEDI

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

of course he is a troll. All his posts are about hating or not supporting England and giving an imagined account of watching a game on TV based on an old match report. Best ignored (he says adding to the thread). 

i never use match reports - all done from memory. At least I all watch all the games.   shall never be a troll  

3 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

account of watching a game on TV based on an old match report.

i have to admit i found some of them pretty amusing, maybe it was the sound effects, maybe i am just easily amused

about time for another one Bonny!

45 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

i have to admit i found some of them pretty amusing, maybe it was the sound effects, maybe i am just easily amused

about time for another one Bonny!

i've pretty much done them all in no particular order :-)  if i go back any further i won't be old enough to be in a pub.   I imagine there will be some great pub noises for the England games coming up!