Drinking alcohol with food - Manky - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drinking alcohol with food - Manky

I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I genuinely can't stand eating and drinking alcohol at the same time. Was out at a dinner on Saturday with about ten other folk and every one of them had alcohol with their meal. I'm off the booze just now anyway but even if I was drinking then my choice of drink wouldn't have changed - Only water with food.

Any decent food/booze combos that I'm missing out on?

Edited by derekfaejapan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have any rituals with eating, I just eat when i'm hungry and then drink afterwards if i'm thirsty. I have rituals for other things. For example when i get to the best bit in a book i prefer to read it in the bath, so i put the book down, make a nice strong cup of tea while running the bath and get settled in nice and comfy and read the bit.

The same way with food, folk like to create the special circumstances so they can enjoy it better. I like certain foods more than others but my number one priority is minimizing hassle and time.

I do the same with my defecation

Depending on what i've been eating i pick out the correct colour of roll, careful consideration to having 3 or 4 ply. Aloa Vera infused or not. Choosing the correct toilet roll enhances the defecation experience.

I like to add personal touches to all my biological functions to increase the experience.

Edited by phart
raising other folks children, so i have to be mindful of what words i use.

1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

I'd say it's quite important.

Fair enough. I'll carefully consider whether i have blackcurrant or orange diluting juice with my dinner tonight. 

What do you think will go best with my venison sausage casserole? 

Cannabis will increase the enjoyment of meal time better than any wine.

They found that cannabinoid type-1 (CB1)—a receptor in the endocannabinoid system activated by plant cannabinoids, such as the compound THC—is responsible for determining food intake. The rest of the main olfactory bulb (MOB), where the endocannabinoid system is predominant, is responsible for odor processing and receptor signaling.

Essentially, the complex system works together in times of hunger to maximize the sensory experience. When activated with THC, these receptors become especially stimulated—superpowered, if you will.

So you ask yourself do you really want to increase the eating experience or are you doing it for the benefit of show.