Swearing Filter - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

We don't operate the swear filter for fun.

(Well, sometimes we do when we get board).

But we DO receive complaints from board members who tell us that their children use the board, requesting that swearing is filtered.

Who cares. Children will be exposed to industrial language at some point in their life. Can you not put a poll up and if the majority want it dinged, it gets dinged?

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Who cares.

Thanks. We'll pass that on.

Can you not put a poll up and if the majority want it dinged, it gets dinged?

Would that be the majority of parents whose children interact with the board?

Or for the majority of board members?

27 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I don't care about the swear filter, but if parents are that concerned, maybe they shouldn't be letting their kids on here. I'm sure the kids could figure out that what the f'ck means. 

I think that's the answer.

We could tell concerned parent's that we don't give a and it's much more important that the adult members of the board can type "fück" and "cûnt" and stuff like that.

What is the definition of 'sweary' word?  I see  a few ( what i would class as 'sweary words' ) sneak through. Is it just hard core 'Class A ' sweary words that get filtered ? 

I dont care whether they are filtered or  not .  However if the concern is about children then there are some photos  posted that are a lot  worse than the sweary words. 

30 minutes ago, deecie said:

The swear filter means I can use this website at work,so the should stay.

I don't like this new ####er though as it just misses shitty words out and sentences don't make any sense.

Use a that changes words instead.

Arseholes. 

A man of your intellect and wit does not need to swear ?

5 hours ago, Admin4 said:

We could tell concerned parent's that we don't give a and it's much more important that the adult members of the board can type "fück" and "cûnt" and stuff like that.

Reported.

I hope the parents are grateful for the sacrifices we make for THEIR children upbringing, i suspect they'll just feel entitled to expect it though.

As a teacher I had a brief experience with parents so i have sympathy for admin4 getting crushed under the mass entitlement occupying every empty space in the correspondence.

All we ask for is a simple thank you.

Absolutely ridiculous! If I were a parent, and I am, I'd avoid letting my children use sites full of members who use inappropriate language. We're not to blame for shite parenting.

and quite frankly there's a tonne of fückers on here that I suspect would attempt to groom my kids.

On 14 February 2016 at 2:46 PM, Admin4 said:

We don't operate the swear filter for fun.

(Well, sometimes we do when we get board).

But we DO receive complaints from board members who tell us that their children use the board, requesting that swearing is filtered.

Do you have any fvcks to give on that?

9 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Absolutely ridiculous! If I were a parent, and I am, I'd avoid letting my children use sites full of members who use inappropriate language. We're not to blame for shite parenting.

and quite frankly there's a tonne of fückers on here that I suspect would attempt to groom my kids.

Interesting that you use "inappropriate".

On 2/14/2016 at 4:14 PM, Admin4 said:
On 2/14/2016 at 4:43 PM, Admin4 said:

I think the point was as in all the other threads...

Why are you running a swear filter and then as a mod circumventing it like all the mad sweary punters your are filtering?

(You daft kkunt. :))

edit2: I will just keep adding 'k's' to kkunt. You will never stop me. NEVER!

Edited by thplinth

8 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Interesting that you use "inappropriate".

Inappropriate for my children, therefore they wouldn't be allowed on this board... Cos I'm a good parent.

Changing a board because arse holes can't bring themselves to tell wee Billy and Senga "naw" is pure shite on your part.