Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Ross County, League Cup Final

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big proportion of the support comes from the outlying areas like Alness, Tain, Invergordon and the in between villages then you also got a fair bit of the support comes from the west coast and a few from Sutherland too.

Fair enough, I suppose. Worked with a few County fans in Glasgow. They get about!

I realise it's all about the result but I thought RC were pretty poor today. They are all over the shop at the back.

Which of course makes it all the funnier.

Aye that were my initial thoughts aswell. Didn't think they were that great considering their 1 man advantage. Essentially fouled their way through the second half, alot of the players looked panicked and bottle could go at any point.

I fancy hubs with Henderson/McGinn/stokes and Cummings should be significant threat. Then again it is the hubs we're talking about.

Aye that were my initial thoughts aswell. Didn't think they were that great considering their 1 man advantage. Essentially fouled their way through the second half, alot of the players looked panicked and bottle could go at any point.

I fancy hubs with Henderson/McGinn/stokes and Cummings should be significant threat. Then again it is the hubs we're talking about.

From what I've seen of both sides, Hibs are definitely the better. It's a Cup Final though and a new experience for most of the players on both sides so could go either way imo.

You just wonder if there might be a bit of extra pressure on Hibs, having the massive crowd behind them, and now being favourites to win for a lot of people.

Should be a good final anyway.

Where the feck are they all coming from? Population of Dingwall is less than a third of that!

I'm going to support Ross County. Never been to Dingwall in my life. Great final for the "neutrals". Not sue they will sell 18,000 though? How many did they sell for the Cup final v United? I would imagine it would be similar to that.

That is just so much of what is wrong with Scottish football. Everyone wants to talk about attitude and bottle and not basic technique. County always tried to work the ball up the park - taking the ball under pressure and moving it on to the next guy. Basic technical stuff and although they ain't the greatest players in the world they obviously practise this regularly.

Jackson Irvine is a very good player. Gardyne also pretty handy.

It will be a good final. Both teams play decent football.

Can't see County bringing 18000 though but who cares. They are in a final.

Couldn't make my mind up about him. This will sound daft but he reminds me a lot of Andy Carroll. Very awkward and the ability to spray passes about, but then looking like he will trip over his own feet minutes later. They even run the same.

He did well yesterday though.

I'm sure many Hibs fans will think that they've got the cup won because County are such a 'wee' team.....but RC most definitely shouldn't be under-estimated.

They're a very compact, hard-working team with some good players who are capable of decent football and scoring goals.

At this moment in Scotland, they're probably the team that are getting the very best from the sum of their parts.

It'll be an interesting final, with weirdly enough, probably the lower league side as favourites.

If Hibs win it will be McGinns second winners medal in this comp.

I can't think of any other players who have won a major cup with 2 different non old firm teams, not in recent times anyway, but I could be talking sh!te

Andy Webster won the Scottish cup with Hearts and Dundee united.

Steve Banks has three Scottish cup winners medals without playing a minute with Hearts, United and Saints