London Is The Greatest City In The World - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

London Is The Greatest City In The World

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like visiting london

not sure i'd want to live there tho

greatest? certainly one of imo

I'm the same. It's certainly one of the great cities of the world, but I don't think I could cope with working in Central London every day. Got offered a job in Teddington a few years ago and seriously considered it, living and working out that way would've been fine, and the extra facilities, entertainment etc available in the city compared to anywhere else in the UK (or most other cities in the world) would be great. But nowadays, great for a few days but longer than a week and I get antsy.

I'm going down again for a break at the start of Feb for four days with the missus & wee man and even though I know London pretty well there's still lots I want to do and see.

I've been going to it for most of my life and in the last five(ish) years it's totally changed for the better

Manky, overpriced shitpit.

Next.

The overpriced bit is ignorant because every time I go to London I find eating out cheaper than Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen and you can get pints for just as cheap as well.

Recently I paid £4.90 for a pint of Brooklynn lager in Max's Glasgow and £3.70 for Tennents in some proper manky shithole in Aberdeen

The overpriced bit is ignorant because every time I go to London I find eating out cheaper than Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen and you can get pints for just as cheap as well.

Recently I paid £4.90 for a pint of Brooklynn lager in Max's Glasgow and £3.70 for Tennents in some proper manky shithole in Aberdeen

Just to clarify, in my view the vast majority of Cities in the UK fall into the same category of being manky shitholes. London is just the biggest of them.

To get real beauty and pride in how it looks within the confines of large cities you need to get well away from Western shores.

Recently I paid £4.90 for a pint of Brooklynn lager in Max's Glasgow and £3.70 for Tennents in some proper manky shithole called Aberdeen

Corrected that for you. :wink2:

:lol: ya cheeky wee chappy!

I like London, but like others I like to visit, I couldn't afford to, nor would I want to live there.

If I could afford a house I'd move down tomorrow.

Maybe folk who don't really know it ,you know the type... only been down and dragged along to The Lion King with the missus, maybe that's why they don't like it.

been working down here for last 6 months and i hate it, cant wait to get back on my flight home each week

Yeah the food is great (and just as shite and pretentious especially around covent gardens where i work) and prices are the same as glasgow/edinburgh

what really gets on my goat is how ignorant everyone is...

yeah it's great to visit, but londoners are s of the highest order... roll on 2;30pm so I can get out of here for good...

Just to clarify, in my view the vast majority of Cities in the UK fall into the same category of being manky shitholes. London is just the biggest of them.

To get real beauty and pride in how it looks within the confines of large cities you need to get well away from Western shores.

Do you know many areas in London ?

I've stayed all over London and I see beauty all the time

been working down here for last 6 months and i ###### hate it, cant wait to get back on my flight home each week

Yeah the food is great (and just as shite and pretentious especially around covent gardens where i work) and prices are the same as glasgow/edinburgh

what really gets on my goat is how ###### ignorant everyone is...

yeah it's great to visit, but londoners are ######s of the highest order... roll on 2;30pm so I can get out of here for good...

See I totally get this view of London and we all might be the same if we stayed there but Jas you do admit it's a great city and you would be right

Have to tried Franco Manca yet ? Best pizza I've ever had for £5.90

London is a fantastic place and Londoners in the main are great people.

Its a genuine World city and only has New York and Tokyo as genuine rivals in that respect IMHO.

You really have to get away from the West End to see the best of London. Like New York, it is a collection of "villages" which all have their own distinctive characters.

See I totally get this view of London and we all might be the same if we stayed there but Jas you do admit it's a great city and you would be right

Have to tried Franco Manca yet ? Best pizza I've ever had for £5.90

Probably a bit ranty, and I'll miss quite a few aspects of London. Tried not eating Pizza as there's so much more to choose from LMAO..

best thing of getting back home is hearing "please" and "thank you"