Well Done You - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well Done You

Why this celebration of a heavy debt at that age? The only ones celebrating with this arrangement are the money lenders. They now have a whole new generstion of people to exploit. The great thing is they make that couple feel like the winners!

Of course they'll never regret it because people can't regret what they never knew. i.e. a young free and single life of party, travel and shagging.

Edited by thewelk

Repossessed within five years, I reckon. :wink2:

These government schemes ( a new ISA mortgage scheme starts today) only help the folk who were probably already on the path to doing alright for themselves anyway. Money goes to money and all that stuff. A huge chunk of the population will never have a mortgage of any kind in their lives.

Why this celebration of a heavy debt at that age? The only ones celebrating with this arrangement are the money lenders. They now have a whole new generstion of people to exploit. The great thing is they make that couple feel like the winners!

Of course they'll never regret it because people can't regret what they never knew. i.e. a young free and single life of party, travel and shagging.

dont think they want a single life tbh

dont think they want a single life tbh

Might not want it but they need it*. The guy shouldn't be settling down until he's sampled multiple nat kings. Otherwise he'll be haunted by it. She, however, is good in her pure state.

*I know sh#t all about the private and/or sexual lives of that couple.

Guy sounds like a smug #####!

There's surely a happy medium between that and some of the kids I know that age that would need their mum to wipe their arse for them.

There is some valid points, I should have saved something. At one point in my early 20s I was clearing £300 a week and spunking every penny, mostly on nights out

:shocked:

It was great fun though!

I also think renting privately is a waste, as you're just paying someone else's mortgage for them. I did it for 6 months, and in hindsight I should've stayed at home and put some money away.

So how much does their mortgage cost them in monthly payments? The debt is 237k. I reckon (back of the fag packet) about 1600 quid a month or so over 25 years. That is a lot of dough to come up with after taxes every month for a young couple. Reads like a paid for article by a mortgage company almost.