Scottish Cup Draw - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Draw

If they cannot cope in the eyes of Alex Salmonds private army in this case it being Celtic fans turning up then they obviously aren't able to host the match, therefor should forfeit there position

Should the game be played elsewhere, If K-Park holds for arguments sake (I've not researched, too busy debating on here) 1,000 then each side should only receive 1,000 worth of gate receipts and all the rest should be ploughed into grassroots football in this country.

It's not a money making exercise, it's the Scottish Cup FFS

I've missed a few pages so I may have misinterpreted things but possibly not.

You are seriously saying that if a club is eligible to enter the Scottish Cup but doesn't have a ground which the police judge suitable to host Celtic (assuming they get through various rounds), they shouldn't be able to enter the SCOTTISH Cup in the first place ?

Apologies if that's not what you mean because I've not seen all threads.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've missed a few pages so I may have misinterpreted things but possibly not.

You are seriously saying that if a club is eligible to enter the Scottish Cup but doesn't have a ground which the police judge suitable to host Celtic (assuming they get through various rounds), they shouldn't be able to enter the SCOTTISH Cup in the first place ?

Apologies if that's not what you mean because I've not seen all threads.

That is exactly what I am saying. Not necessarily because it's Celtic but any side with a large following.

Play it at K-Park or forfeit

That is exactly what I am saying. Not necessarily because it's Celtic but any side with a large following.

Exactly the mindset that contributed to the least competitive, most boring period in Scottish football history, i.e. the first ten years of the SPL.

Edited by adamntg

Fine, play it at K-Park. Only 500 people get in and the police erect a ring of steel to stop thousands gathering in Calderglen Park hoping to get a peak in. It's the most sensible solution. :blink:

And, has it been any more interesting since then?

Aye.

Stagnation has gone at the bottom of the league. Teams can be promoted on merit rather than denied because they don't have enough seats in their ground, rendering whole seasons pointless as the last team isn't going down anymore. Rangers and Celtic don't finish the season 40 points ahead of everyone else. There are fewer 5-0, 6-0, 7-0s that seemed to happen every second week. Celtic went a whole season and lost only one game FFS.

The teams aren't crammed full of overseas journeymen being being £5k a week. Clubs aren't plunging multi-millions into debt just to tread water in midtable.

I'll make sure to leave the seat in the same condition I find it in. On this note are they rehousing ST for the roseburn elsewhere?

It was a free for all for season ticket holders so I managed to get one slap bang in the middle of the wheatfield.

More season ticket holders than available seats so there were a few unhappy and also a few not happy at not getting their usual seat

Edited by hannibal smith

It was a free for all for season ticket holders so I managed to get one slap bang in the middle of the wheatfield.

More season ticket holders than available seats so there were a few unhappy and also a few not happy at not getting their usual seat

Understandable I suppose but in that situation you will never please everyone. Those who attended previous rounds should have got first dibs imo, with a ballot for the rest.

Thankfully I've seen my team win both domestic cup and play in the top flight for 23 consecutive years.

You?

3 league cups in 35 years. You were at one of them

Hibs have had a decent European history. Had many European Cup winners turning out in the green and white, beaten the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona to name a few.

Had many fantastic top class players through they years. George Best, Joe Baker, Famous Five, The Tornadoes. More recently you have Frank Sauzee abd Russell Latapy(voted 33rd best player in the world while at Hibs)

Who have the Killie boys have turn out for them? Danny Invincible and Tosh McKinlay ?

3 league cups in 35 years. You were at one of them

Hibs have had a decent European history. Had many European Cup winners turning out in the green and white, beaten the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona to name a few.

Had many fantastic top class players through they years. George Best, Joe Baker, Famous Five, The Tornadoes. More recently you have Frank Sauzee abd Russell Latapy(voted 33rd best player in the world while at Hibs)

Who have the Killie boys have turn out for them? Danny Invincible and Tosh McKinlay ?

We've won the league at Tynecastle.......

We've had greatest ever Scottish comeback in Europe, we've drawn with Real Madrid at home in the European Cup.

We've been in the Premier League during a time when you've been relegated twice.

We've certainly never been humiliated in Europe to the extent you have been.

We're only a small town club. We've done not badly in my lifetime.

Even better in my dad's as he's seen us win all 3 domestic titles. Something you can only dream of.

If u get Rangers v Celtic then no ground in Scotland can fit all their fans in. Therefore neither club should be allowed in the cup...following the logic of some here.

Then all the other teams could happily stage a home fixture against any of the others, problem solved.

Its NOT EK causing a problem.. its Celtic.

Incidentally EK have said Hamilton was 7th on their list of venues submitted to the SFA...at least its been settled now with Airdrie the venue

And well done to the Rosey Posey tonight. The Salmonds will be mighty thrilled