Scottish Cup Draw - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Draw

One of the coaches at Lothian Thistle/Hutchie Vale is having to play in goals tonight against East Kilbride. Would suggest lumping your money on EK.

I read this earlier, and when I saw it was 1-0 at half-time and LTHV were 25/1 I stuck a couple of pounds on them.

Really should have re-read it!

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the the biggest gulf between 2 teams for a competitive match in Scotland? The current champions versus a club only set up 2-3 years ago?*

*Don't do the obvious, you're all better than that......

Possibly not on paper, as there's probably been top flight teams played lower sides, but in reality in terms of resources etc. it's got to be I'd think.

I didn't know they'd only been going a few years.

Be interesting to see the pricing for the Celtic game

Edit: think the SFA set the prices actually, don't they?

Aye minimum pricing. The last round was £12 for adults.

Clubs can get round it by doing things like free concession tickets before a certain time etc.

Aye minimum pricing. The last round was £12 for adults.

Clubs can get round it by doing things like free concession tickets before a certain time etc.

Tickets last night were £10 for adults and £5 for kids.

I would guess it will be £15-£20 for the Celtic game. Given the demand for the LTHV game I would imagine it will sell out very quickly. You have to imagine that the potential for a club in EK is pretty big, even if it's only in League 1 or 2.

Tickets last night were £10 for adults and £5 for kids.

I would guess it will be £15-£20 for the Celtic game. Given the demand for the LTHV game I would imagine it will sell out very quickly. You have to imagine that the potential for a club in EK is pretty big, even if it's only in League 1 or 2.

Aye turns out I made it up (as usual) and presumed Motherwell had charged minimum they could

40. Minimum Charge for Admission Subject to a minimum adult non concessionary charge for admission to matches in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three, of £5, and of £8 for matches in subsequent Rounds excluding the Semi-Final and Final Ties, the charges for admission shall be arranged by the competing clubs. If they are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.

I thought the standard prices were 20/10?

That's what we were charged for Stranraer this month and Tynecastle and Dens was the same last year iirc.

Would like to see Celtic tell EK to keep the full gate.

I can't see Peter lawell suggesting that!

:lol:

Possibly not on paper, as there's probably been top flight teams played lower sides, but in reality in terms of resources etc. it's got to be I'd think.

I didn't know they'd only been going a few years.

It must be the biggest gulf since Premiership high-flyers Motherwell played little Rangers from the lowest senior league in the League Cup a few years ago, with the minnows, managed by up and coming young manager Alistair McCoist, reigning victorious by two goals to nil. :wink2:

I thought the standard prices were 20/10?

That's what we were charged for Stranraer this month and Tynecastle and Dens was the same last year iirc.

Would like to see Celtic tell EK to keep the full gate.

Rangers v Killie tickets are 19 quid (home end, anyway. I presume the away fans are the same price).

I'm sure Whitehill Welfare got the lot when we played then in the 90s. Obviously before Lawwell's time of course.

We also paid a development fee to a club recently even though none was due because it was the right thing to do. Lawell gets plenty stick (deservedly so at times) but he's not all bad