The Apprentice Thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the application form for this show asks potential candidates a heap of stuff about business plans, business acumen and their track record in business. But it doesn't apparently ask if they have ever applied common sense to anything, or even been introduced to the concept of it.

Apparently the application form for this show asks potential candidates a heap of stuff about business plans, business acumen and their track record in business. But it doesn't apparently ask if they have ever applied common sense to anything, or even been introduced to the concept of it.

Correct. Flora applied.

Isn't there a bird from Aberdeen in it?

The burd who got papped out last night kept breaking into a Scottish accent. So much so I gave her a mild Googling.

Just said that she lived in London. Was from Nigeria but came to the UK when she was 15. Suppose she might have come to Scotland and then moved to London.

Terrible programme, doesn't realistically represent business / entrepreneurship in the slightest. From what I've seen the majority of sales are carried out by desperately running after members of the public, with a TV crew in tow, to spew a terrible sales pitch at them, no business does that as part of their daily operations / sales process! What we don't see on TV is the part where they will be saying we are from 'The Apprentice on BBC', 'if you buy you'll be on TV' etc, even with that leverage factored in the sales are usually poor.

The only good thing about the programme is the impressive camera work that gives us great shots of London.

Who on here actually bought an Amstrad computer back in the 1980s ?

And did anyone throw away their money on a Amstrad GX4000 game console in 1990 ?

IMG_0940.png

We had a CPC 464 I think it was.

Then we were given an attatchment that converted the monitor to a tv.

It was amazing :lol:

Watched this shit last night. It's refreshing to know the alleged future UK business leaders:

(i) Don't know where Dover is

(ii) Can't speak decent French (or English)

(iii) Think a wee East End barrow boy is the second coming

(iv) Can't find snails in France

Pathetic.

Wouldn't take the programme too literally.its trashy telly dressed up as some kind of business game show. It's first and foremost for entertainment - hence why they let the rockets in that they do.

I don't watch any "dumbed down" TV but find The Apprentice very enjoyable.

Wouldn't take the programme too literally.its trashy telly dressed up as some kind of business game show. It's first and foremost for entertainment - hence why they let the rockets in that they do.

I don't watch any "dumbed down" TV but find The Apprentice very enjoyable.

Aye, but in the real world, these clowns get wheeled out to give advice to folk. There's a jobsfair on at the Grand Central in Glasgow, featuring 'Stars from The Apprentice' to assist jobseekers.

I suppose that's why the country's so fecked up.