Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes ! - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes !

DubsDave

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game on Sunday for FC Bayern - effectively a title[-race] decider against Dortmund- if he scores another bucketload in that one, then I'll begin to really worry, but hoping one of the centre halves leave a foot in, in one of their challenges.

Big game on Sunday for FC Bayern - effectively a title[-race] decider against Dortmund- if he scores another bucketload in that one, then I'll begin to really worry, but hoping one of the centre halves leave a foot in, in one of their challenges.

Hummels could do all parties a favour in that game ;)

So what if he's scoring goals .naisy got a hattrick against the EPL champions only a couple of weeks ago

So what if he is scoring for fun. Steven Fletcher is great at getting a header sideways sometimes. He's even better at running around a lot.....

Bzzzz, on 02 Oct 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

He just needs nailed early on. No messing about, make him scared or getting the ball.

He's the best striker in the world FFS. He won't get scared of getting the ball, just because some diddy defender kicks him. All that will happen is our players will get booked/sent off.

I've not seen much of Poland but strikers like Lewondowski can be nullified by cutting off their supply line. Although that is far from simply done. He thrives playing on the shoulder of the last defender - sit deep, however he also thrives on balls in to the box from wide. I think we need to have a pretty deep defensive line (although it'll be difficult to build much attacking pressure and dominate the game like we'd like, while doing this) and also force Poland to try and play through the middle of us. This will require our wide players to work phenomenally hard. For this reason, Anya has to start IMO.

I really cannot see us winning this game. :(

He's the best striker in the world FFS. He won't get scared of getting the ball, just because some diddy defender kicks him. All that will happen is our players will get booked/sent off.

I've not seen much of Poland but strikers like Lewondowski can be nullified by cutting off their supply line. Although that is far from simply done. He thrives playing on the shoulder of the last defender - sit deep, however he also thrives on balls in to the box from wide. I think we need to have a pretty deep defensive line (although it'll be difficult to build much attacking pressure and dominate the game like we'd like, while doing this) and also force Poland to try and play through the middle of us. This will require our wide players to work phenomenally hard. For this reason, Anya has to start IMO.

Excllent to see you so up beat and positive!

I think we'll do them, Lewondowski needs a rest from scoring. Stick him up in the air then set Broonie on him for the rest of the game. I think we have a damn good chance.

Bzzzz, on 02 Oct 2015 - 1:52 PM, said:

Excllent to see you so up beat and positive!

That performance and result in Georgia has sapped all my confidence and positivity. :(

Ireland did this very effectively in the second half of their game against the Poles in Dublin. They can definitely be got at. Their defence is suspect as we saw in Warsaw.

We just need to forget about the Georgia game and get up for Thursday. We can do this. We don't turn into a bad side overnight after one bad performance and will have a rocking Hampden getting behind them as well.

In the Georgia game we blew the chance of being one of the favourites to go through

We now revert to being the underdog who is not expected to qualify, but at least have home advantage - need to make that count