Hearts V Aberdeen - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hearts V Aberdeen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niall McGinn and Rooney to celtic park- wouldn't put it past them :!:

Don`t know contractual situation of either player (either finish next summer?) but doubt Aberdeen would sell to direct rival unless at ridiculous price (Scott Allan situation) and any Celtic signing in January to guarantee CL must allow for failure to qualify for groups too. Reality is that while it`s great to have a proper league race whoever wins it will almost certainly not make Champions League groups.

Fairly accurate yes but its not changes for changes sake every week. Sometimes the same team for 4/5 games then a change to suit a particular opponent.

That seems fair enough. Using the squad like that is the only way they can hope to keep up the challenge.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in January if Aberdeen are still top then.

That's me just in. I've been out that long I feel I've actually been at the game, Met Endell in the shoe, suffered abuse from onewilliemiller(banned) he had a fecking ticket and I didn't. TartanJon, September weekend in Inverness next weekend? Hibs on megabus Wednesday? Canna afford peak time trains. May even get to run the London road gauntlet lol. p from lossie says the traffic cones at the roseburn after the game were being used for purposes other than traffic control. Sair losers, 1984 all over again lol. Give me a bell.

Not hard to find on forums and social media.

I think most are enjoying the ride as you say but there seems to be a section who question team selections then moan that we only win 2-0 or whatever. Would love to see us take some teams apart but we are managing games well and the almost non existent close season has to be taken into consideration as a justifiable reason as to why the team are not going hell for leather big wins every week at the moment.

I like the way that most of the squad are getting game time too - keeps as many players as possible involved and on their toes.

Ach, there's always going to be people you can't keep happy. The majority of those I speak to are over the moon, myself included. First half yesterday was very good, although the Hearts back 4 certainly contributed to that! Hard to keep that level of intensity up for 90 minutes and at 3-0, you don't really have to. Even when Hearts scored, I thought we could still go up a score again if we wanted to (we should have actually). Would like to have seen us control the game a little more in the second half - but that really is just getting picky for the sake of it. Was delighted for Goodwillie yesterday. Good movement for first goal, started and finished the third. Worked hard all day and took a few hits for the team. McGinn was superb. As you say, good that a large proportion of the squad are getting involved. Quinn is going to be one of these players that you are nervous about watching at times but will miss massively when he isn't there.

Heard, from a very good source, that Delia is pretty unhappy with the Celtic scouting team regarding Shinnie - in a "why doesn't he play for us" sort of way!!

We were excellent in the first half, in total control of the game and Hearts didn't worry us at all. McGinn was outstanding, doesn't always get the credit he deserves from some sections of our support constantly on his back (tracing back to the "non-celebration" when scoring at Parkhead) and Goodwillie was excellent, good to see him scoring again.

Hearts were a better team when Nicholson came on, why Neilson dropped his best player this season is baffling, but still felt we could've added to our lead.

Very satisfactory day.