Most Overrated/underrated Scottish Band. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most Overrated/underrated Scottish Band.

The Silencers were a very fine band indeed, Blues For Bhudda is a great album. I always liked The Big Dish too. Most people didn't seem to agree; don't really care. Never really got Alex Harvey. I'm sure he's brilliant and all that, just couldn't be arsed actually listening to his stuff - and I have tried. Heresy I know, but there you go.

Edited by Pool Q

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Views first album is fantastic, but everything i have heard since has been guff. As for Biffy Clyro, they have got to be one of the worst bands ever to come out of this country, a kind of scottish Nickelback type thing. They are worse than Snow Patrol actually, which is a feat in it's self.

Disagree on both counts!

The View have some cracking tunes from later albums.

Biffy are cracking too.

The View are a bit hit or miss I feel, but IMHO they have actually matured into a really good band after a great start, then kind of lost their way, but back on track now.... would not say totally under rated, but VERY far from over rated.

Agree on Arab Strap, with probably Malcolm Middleton as a whole (his Waxing Gibbous album is my chill out traveling music when on the go).

Would say there is a number of acts on the Chemikal Underground scene that are greatly under rated..... Aereogramme, Bis, De Rosa, Phantom Band, Mother and the Addicts.

Also think the X-Certs are really under-rated at the moment, but think they will reach their peak eventually..... would also add in Sucioperro (with Biffy helping them along during the way, but just never reaching the heights they deserve).

I have, he's married to big mate Andy's daughter.

Went to the best school in North Ayrshire too. :ok:

Her family live literally out my back door! When Tosh is there we can talk over the fence, Home Improvement style :lol:

On a similar vein and another lot you know, Crash Club are underrated - reckon they're due a big break!