Dennistoun Y/n Window Poster Count - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dennistoun Y/n Window Poster Count

Hi TAMBers - I'm a frequent lurker, very infrequent poster on this board.

This afternoon I took a stroll through Dennistoun, just east of Glasgow City Centre, to tally up the total number of Yes and No window stickers/posters that are in my neighbourhood.

Anyone who is familiar with the area won't be surprised to hear that Yes came out on top; just a cursory glance around the streets is enough to establish that there is a Yes majority. But having taken an hour or so to do a more specific count, I was surprised at the results.

I didn't include Scottish or Union flags in the count, unless they specifically stated yes or no.

Mutiple posters within a single residence were registered as only one vote.

Here are the results:

Duke Street (between Hillfoot St & Cumbernauld Rd): 24 Yes , 3 No
Roslea Drive: 29 Yes, 1 No
Finlay Drive: 40 Yes, 1 No
Garthland Drive: 30 Yes, 5 No
Ingleby Drive: 12 Yes, 0 No
Onslow Drive: 21 Yes, 0 No
Craigpark Drive: 19 Yes, 4 No
Golfhill Drive: 8 Yes, 1 No
Alexandra Parade (between Craigpark Dr & Cumbernauld Rd): 22 Yes, 1 No

So in total: 205 Yes, 16 No

Am I missing something here? Could it really be just under a ratio of 13:1 in favour of independence in my local area? Isn't the east end of Glasgow supposed to be Labour heartland?

I recognise that certain mitigating factors may have to be taken into account. It could be that those who are pro-independence are more likely to advertise the fact at their windows. But I don't have anything on my window. I have a relative and two friends in the area who I know are going to vote yes - their windows are also free of any pro-independence material as I passed by today.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but that wee stroll has lifted my spirits somewhat after the recent media bombardment of negativity.

In Dundee I havent seen any No window posters, I did however just drive by a car that was absolutely covered in No stickers, banners and flags.

Was that parked up on the the path by the Kingsway? Sitting twenty meters down there was a flatbed lorry with billboard size YES. Seemed to sum up the difference in the campaigns. Interesting that the no car had it's driver in it.

I am voting yes, i don't have any stickers, posters etc in either my house or car windows as you just don't know, some eejit could take exception and chuck a brick through the window so i'm not taking the risk.

I suppose it depends where you live, but YES posters everywhere counter the media bias, and give us all a boost

Was that parked up on the the path by the Kingsway? Sitting twenty meters down there was a flatbed lorry with billboard size YES. Seemed to sum up the difference in the campaigns. Interesting that the no car had it's driver in it.

It was being driven down the Hilltown, Im sure the driver was the guy who was at the debate last week at Caird Hall. 60 year old shelf filler at Tesco who was scared about his future FFS.

I went a run around Larkhall a few days ago.

Must have run past about 600 houses and only 11 had anything up. 6 Yes and 5 No. I suspect those staunchly in favour of the union just want the debate to go away, and those pro-indy don't want their windows panned in.

I deliver mail (Postie) down Prestwick Shore (a really affluent area of Prestwick) I have counted 3 No posters yes 3 No posters and around 30+ Yes Posters and countless numbers of cars with Yes stickers outside houses with no Yes bunting about half of them are houses owned by pensioners and I know loads of other people in my delivery voting Yes without any bunting more and more Yes bunting is going up every day

In shitey borders I'm one of the very few with YES signs up. My local isn't frequented as I'm sick of the snidey salmond comments, went for a pint and sat outside freezing with one other good guy. Then the only 1 other comes along , so three yes voters sitting outside freezing...fekkin democracy. You guys have it easy. Still arranged for 4 huge window posters for tomorrow. Fuk em.

In Dundee I havent seen any No window posters, I did however just drive by a car that was absolutely covered in No stickers, banners and flags.

If your desperate to see one there is one in Loons Road, one in Corso Street and one in the Hub student flats but I'm pretty sure he's just trying to wind up his mates. As far as I know that is the total for all of Dundee.